Non-park Day Breakfast - Boma, 1900 or??

MarkinNM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
As usual being we are from the Southwest desert and do not see the Ocean as much as we like too.....We have a non-park day scheduled and planed to take a ride out to Daytona to spend the day on the beach, we did it last trip out and had a great day! This time it is just the 2 of use as we are empty nesters, so with that said, my wife loves the character breakfasts, have a few scheduled in the parks, and we are staying at AKL, I made ADR for Boma that AM then head out to the beach, but in thinking why not venture out and see what else there is, we are open to any and all suggestions, so suggest away!

I think Boma is a very good choice! It has some great African inspired breakfast items as well as your typical American breakfast fare. The fruit juice they offer is good but very sweet, so if you give the juice a go just be ready to follow it with some water. Delicious, but very sweet. If you are a coffee lover, do not pass on the press pot Kenyan coffee. This is the best way to make/serve coffee, and the Kenyan coffee has a full, rich coffee flavor without a harsh acidic bite.

If you are looking for something else to try for breakfast outside the parks, I would try Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. The food is good, but the reason to go here is the press pot of Kona coffee. Now they have some great Mimosas and Bloody Marys, but I am a Kona coffee lover...I can never pass this up. You always hear about the Tonga Toast here, but my go to is the Macadamia Nut Pancakes with a pess pot of 100% pure Kona coffee.

Whatever you choose, you will be happy...heck, you're gonna be eain' breakfast at the "Most Magical Place on Earth". Have fun!!!!!

Boma is a great choice! But if you want to venture off the resort i'd try The Wave breakfast. Its amazing! Kona use to my a fave of mine until I tried The Wave at the Contemporary. It blows Kona right out of the water. They have a la carte AND buffet....and as part of the buffet, there are a few items that are made to order. A couple of them, off the top of my head, is eggs benedict and my personal fave, french toast. It comes with these 3 amazing butters that is simply out of this world. One of them is my fave macadamia butter. Wow. Plus its rather cheap....i paid $23 per person in November. Cant remember if they've increased it since then.

I know Kona went through a menu change recently...if i remember correctly, they got rid of the Big Kahuna. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong. Overall, Boma is a great choice but if you want to go outside of the resort, i'd go with The Wave.

If your wife wants to meet characters, there are no characters at Boma.

That being said, Boma and The Wave are my favorite breakfast places anywhere on property.
Ohana is another favorite. I've only been to 1900 for dinner but that is a character breakfast.

Is better food or characters a bigger priority for this breakfast? I would keep my Boma res.

Since you're already at AKL, Boma makes more sense if you want to maximize your time at the beach. The breakfast there is wonderful. If you've never been, I would make time for it while you are at AKL. No characters, but the food is great. Dinner is pretty fabulous there, too.

On the other hand, if your wife would like a character meal without going into a park, I recommend the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. She can meet Rapunzel and Flynn from Tangled and Ariel and Eric from The Little Mermaid during the meal. We thought the food was very good, too. Not as much of a selection as Boma, but plenty filling and our meals were tasty.

Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club also has a very nice breakfast buffet with Minnie, Goofy and Donald in their beach gear.

There are two more great suggestions from other posters that I agree with that can make things complicated for you...Cape May Cafe is a great breakfast if you want characters. Also, Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria. I love Rapunzel and Flynn!

I haven’t eaten breakfast at Boma but since you’re already there it would make sense to wake up and go right there.

If you do want to venture out we liked our breakfast at 1900 pf. There’s a good variety of food and the characters are fantastic!

We were going to definitely do Boma for breakfast but wanted one more buffet. A couple years ago we did the Wave but the kids are older and I cant remember how the food was at Chef Mickeys. From a strictly food perspective is the Wave that much better than Chef Mickeys?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter