Non-Park Dining ideas on the Skyliner route?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW in January and staying DVC for most of our trip, but I just booked one night at AoA for the day prior to relax and settle in before the rest of our trip.

Our 1 night stay at AoA will NOT include park tickets. We are planning to check in, relax, and maybe take a Skyliner ride at night and get some dinner.

What are some great NON-Park dining options on the Skyliner route? TS or CS, doesn't matter, but we are not interested in anything luxurious or "2 credit." We will be traveling with an 8 year old and 6 year old (girls), who eat standard food-nothing adventurous, but I think Disney tends to have those options almost anywhere.

Thanks!

I'd definitely recommend Sebatian's Bistro at Caribbean Beach. First its a beautiful restaurant and resort so it will be a nice place to relax on the first night. But the food is also delicious. They do have some more adventurous items (the goat curry is outstanding) but also some more standard options for the kiddos. Though my daughter did love the goat :D Also their pull apart rolls as an appetizers are second only to Sanaa as the best bread on property.

I'd definitely recommend Sebatian's Bistro at Caribbean Beach. First its a beautiful restaurant and resort so it will be a nice place to relax on the first night. But the food is also delicious. They do have some more adventurous items (the goat curry is outstanding) but also some more standard options for the kiddos. Though my daughter did love the goat :D Also their pull apart rolls as an appetizers are second only to Sanaa as the best bread on property.

Wow, is this a new restaurant? Off to check out the menu!

I second Sebastian’s. We had a wonderful meal last November and added bonus, fireworks, if you request a window seat around 730-745. Food was excellent. We will be returning in November.

We are headed to WDW in January and staying DVC for most of our trip, but I just booked one night at AoA for the day prior to relax and settle in before the rest of our trip.

Our 1 night stay at AoA will NOT include park tickets. We are planning to check in, relax, and maybe take a Skyliner ride at night and get some dinner.

What are some great NON-Park dining options on the Skyliner route? TS or CS, doesn't matter, but we are not interested in anything luxurious or "2 credit." We will be traveling with an 8 year old and 6 year old (girls), who eat standard food-nothing adventurous, but I think Disney tends to have those options almost anywhere.

Thanks!

I would head over to the Boardwalk for the evening and eat over there. If you are interested in a TS, take a look at Trattoria al Forno. If you would like QS, there's Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk pizza, you could get Ample Hills ice cream for dessert. The Boardwalk is so fun at night - jugglers, magicians, carnival games, etc.

Beaches and Cream at Beach Club would be my choice.

Second would be Fresh Mediterranean Market at Dolphin

Ooh what a great idea! We haven't been to Beaches & Cream since my oldest was a baby! Is it still very difficult to get into as a walk in? Or do they take ADR's now?

Ooh what a great idea! We haven't been to Beaches & Cream since my oldest was a baby! Is it still very difficult to get into as a walk in? Or do they take ADR's now?

Yes, they do take ADRs; in fact, it's pretty hard to get into without an ADR.

Because of the expansion, there is more availability though. So it is definitely not as hard to get as before.

We love sitting at the bar, and as far as I know, that is still available for walk-ins.

There is also the Riviera. Primo Piatto and Bar Riva both have excellent food. The resort is beautiful and worth exploring. You can also go up to the bar at Topolino's Terrace (don't need ADRs). They have small plates as well as you can order of the full menu.

Steve

Yes, they do take ADRs; in fact, it's pretty hard to get into without an ADR.

Because of the expansion, there is more availability though. So it is definitely not as hard to get as before.

We love sitting at the bar, and as far as I know, that is still available for walk-ins.

Great to know, thanks! I think last time we went, they were only doing walk ins.

The best restaurant on the Skyliner route that isn't in a park is Topolino's Terrace at Riviera, but you mentioned that you're not looking for a signature restaurant, so your best bet will probably be Sebastian's at Caribbean Beach.

Another vote for Beaches & Cream. Lots more seating since the renovation. From AOA, you'd have to transfer to the Epcot line at CBR, but its still a quick ride. You can also stroll the Boardwalk area after dinner for something else to do.

Definitely Sebastian's-time it so you will be there during the Epcot fireworks and request one of the "fireworks view" tables.

Another fun option would be to eat outside at Banana Cabana(adjacent to Sabastian's) and watch the fireworks from there. :)

Y’all tempted me with Beaches and Cream. I went to try and get an ADR,it seems they aren’t taking them? Maybe the site is being cranky. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts