Non-perishable food for 15-month-old

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
Hi! 1st-time parent here preparing for our first trip with our Princess who will be 15 months at the time. I'm looking for suggestions on types of food (non-perishable) to take with us that will be easy to feed our daughter in the airport, on the plane, in the room, etc. She will probably expand her menu over the next couple of months, but for now I plan on taking the following "easy" foods that she currently eats: bagels, cereal, crackers, bread. Does anyone have other suggestions that I could introduce to her now so we can take them on the trip? (I'm working on fruit and veggies, but she still prefers those from the baby food jars.)
Thanks!

my daughter (16 months) likes cheerios, cheetos, cereals like corn pops and kix, fruit snacks like fruit roll ups or drops, cheddar crackers, mini rice cakes, sugar wafers, bugles, mini cookies like nutter butters and oreos, animal crackers, pretzels. we have a load in ziplock bags waiting for us, we leave Monday!!!!! yippee!!!!!!!!

There are lots of fruits and flavored applesauces that come in individual plastic containers. They're lighter to transport and don't break, so it's a lot easier to tote than baby food. Even if she doesn't like plain applesauce, she may like strawberry or Hawaiian punch applesauce. You can also get unusual combinations, too, like peaches in raspberry juice or apples with apple pie spices.

Gerber has some good finger food in the jar or in the microwaveable containers. Many of the resorts have microwaves in the food court you could use and the baby centers in each park have them.

Dole plastic fruit cups, come in 4 packs. DS loves the mandarin oranges.

We leave Wed, and DS is also 15 mos. I have been preparing grocery list, we will have a car and are going to shop for food down there. I'm a little nervous though, he's not a good eater to begin with.

Have you introduced raisins or she is she still too young? I don't remember because my DS wouldn't have it, but it may be a good way to get fiber into her and maybe those gerber cereal bars. I would take those things for the trip and to carry with you. When you go to the parks throw a jar of veggies or fruit into your bag to feed her when you stop to eat....

Those Gerber toddler foods in the jar are awesome. The jars are glass, though, so I don't know if that makes a difference. They do have chicken, turkey and meat sticks and yes they look totally gross, but my 2 year old will eat them right out of the jar. It works great in a pinch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter