Norway - Anyone been/going?

canadakath

Mouseketeer
After cancelling our Rhine River Cruise ABD this year (we got a puppy and didn't want to leave her for too long), we are thinking of Norway next year. I haven't seen any recent trip reports. My boys will be 15 and 13 so hoping it's not too Frozen-centric! They are excited for the rafting and fjord safari. We are hoping for a fairly active adventure!

Anyone with thoughts/tips? Is it worth adding an extra day in Bergen? We do plan on staying in Oslo for a day afterwards. We'll probably fly through Iceland or Amsterdam and add a day or two there as well.

Last edited:
After cancelling our Rhine River Cruise ABD this year (we got a puppy and didn't want to leave her for too long), we are thinking of Norway next year. I haven't seen any recent trip reports. My boys will be 15 and 13 so hoping it's not too Frozen-centric! They are excited for the rafting and fjord safari. We are hoping for a fairly active adventure!

Anyone with thoughts/tips? Is it worth adding an extra day in Bergen? We do plan on staying in Oslo for a day afterwards. We'll probably fly through Iceland or Amsterdam and add a day or two there as well.

We took this ABD last summer and loved it. Minimal Frozen references. The movie played on a bus ride and I think the pins were carried in Olaf. That’s it.
It’s a pretty active trip, all outdoor stuff. The rafting and fjord safaris are highlights for sure.
We didn’t do any extra days so I can’t comment much. However,the time we had on arrival day in Bergen and our time in Oslo felt adequate.

We took this ABD last summer and loved it. Minimal Frozen references. The movie played on a bus ride and I think the pins were carried in Olaf. That’s it.
It’s a pretty active trip, all outdoor stuff. The rafting and fjord safaris are highlights for sure.
We didn’t do any extra days so I can’t comment much. However,the time we had on arrival day in Bergen and our time in Oslo felt adequate.
Thanks so much for sharing TeeKo!

We just took the trip a few weeks ago :) Its an AMAZING TRIP and one of our top favorites! I have a 15yo son and it wasn't Frozen focused at all! There's some interesting educational info we learned about the making of Frozen and the research that went into the movie, and we watched Frozen on the coach one day but that was all I can think of!

Last edited:
We did this trip Summer 2016 and it is one of our favorites! Thinking back, the hotels were not the fanciest, the meals were somewhat plain, we did not make great friends - but the memories of the scenery, guides and activities make it all one of our top 3!
If you ask DD where she wants to go back to, Flam is at the top of her list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter