Not all cocktails are hand-crafted at Disney

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
I agree with @DisneyKevin that the term "hand-crafted cocktails" is wildly overused but there are places at Disney that serve non-hand-crafted cocktails. The one I'm certain of is Polite Pig, the new BBQ place at Disney Springs. They have several cocktails "on tap". They are ready-made and just being pumped out. I'm sure there are plenty of other other bars onsite that use premixed cocktails but I haven't done that much drinking on property to know for sure. I imagine the margarita stands aren't making each one from scratch, for example. So it is kind of nice to know that a place is making the drinks fresh to order.

I agree with @DisneyKevin that the term "hand-crafted cocktails" is wildly overused but there are places at Disney that serve non-hand-crafted cocktails. The one I'm certain of is Polite Pig, the new BBQ place at Disney Springs. They have several cocktails "on tap". They are ready-made and just being pumped out. I'm sure there are plenty of other other bars onsite that use premixed cocktails but I haven't done that much drinking on property to know for sure. I imagine the margarita stands aren't making each one from scratch, for example. So it is kind of nice to know that a place is making the drinks fresh to order.

I don't think many places onsite do hand crafted cocktails. And no, sadly, the margaritas are premixed to a ridiculous degree. Which bar did they report that did?

Last November I recall that La Cava was serving their standard menu margaritas pre-mixed from jugs and poured over ice... Always make sure to get one mixed fresh for you and choose your tequila of choice.

Hand Crafted Cocktails usually means more than just a bartender physically making a drink. It usually means most of the ingredients are made from scratch as well, such as flavoring syrups, hand squeezed juices and juice blends, hand prepared garnishes, and sometimes homemade infused spirits. It is a notch above simply using commercially available products that are poured from various jugs/bottles.

I do this at home. I make infused vodkas and rums using meyer lemons and kumquats I have growing in my back yard. I made some cucumber infused vodka inspired by a drink I had at Homecomin' last year. I make my own simple syrups (plain, blueberry, etc). I hand squeeze citrus juices fresh for each drink. It's just my preference.

You won't get "hand crafted" cocktails from most major chain restaurants. It is something you see at more upscale restaurants/bars.

They were talking about a new place coming to Disney Springs, I think, and the description mentioned hand-crafted cocktails.
Yes, I believe it was the yet-to-open Wine Bar George. (Which, in my head, ALWAYS comes out Whine, Boy George!!!) :rotfl2:

Hand Crafted Cocktails usually means more than just a bartender physically making a drink. It usually means most of the ingredients are made from scratch as well, such as flavoring syrups, hand squeezed juices and juice blends, hand prepared garnishes, and sometimes homemade infused spirits. It is a notch above simply using commercially available products that are poured from various jugs/bottles.

I do this at home. I make infused vodkas and rums using meyer lemons and kumquats I have growing in my back yard. I made some cucumber infused vodka inspired by a drink I had at Homecomin' last year. I make my own simple syrups (plain, blueberry, etc). I hand squeeze citrus juices fresh for each drink. It's just my preference.

You won't get "hand crafted" cocktails from most major chain restaurants. It is something you see at more upscale restaurants/bars.

Yeah. That's generally why I don't order margaritas very many places. There are some drinks I don't mind when they're made with commercial mixes but a margarita does not taste right. And it's not like it's difficult to make a margarita from scratch.

That would be a big draw for me to go to Disney Springs.

Nah. I want to savor that, not chug it.

You'll be allowed to bring an empty 7-11 Big Gulp cup so that you can take the drink with you. I can't think of a better thing to keep you refreshed as you stroll through the jungles of Animal Kingdom.

It's just the buzz word of the time. I just want to shout out the Peanut Butter Freeze at flying fish ...so good I went to boardwalk just to get it!

It's just the buzz word of the time. I just want to shout out the Peanut Butter Freeze at flying fish ...so good I went to boardwalk just to get it!
This SOUNDS good (as does anything with peanut butter, and especially peanut butter and chocolate!), too bad I don't drink anymore. Actually - June 26th will be my 8th anniversary of giving up smoking and drinking! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter