Not Florida I know, but can anyone help ?

btab

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this request should go here, but hoping you nice people out there can help...

I have been a visitor to Florida in recent years, but this year have decided to go to the Universal Theme Park near Barcelona (formerly Port Aventura), where we are staying on site in one of the hotels built this year.

Does anyone have any information about this resort, or more importantly, the hotels. Thinking of things such as types of restaurants, on site laundry, park tips etc.

Many thanks

Barrie

Hi Barrie, and welcome to the DIS boards! :wave:

I can't help at all with your questions, I'm afraid, but just wanted to say "hello". Hopefully, someone else will be able to answer soon.

I cant help either, I just wanted to say that I went to Port Aventura a few weeks after it first opened and it was great.:D

I looked at going there - there are details in the Thomson Summer Sun brochure - but it was very expensive for a Spanish holiday.

Have you looked at www.portaventura.es ?

We went there 3 years ago and stayed at La Pineda just down the coast. There was a very good regular bus service to Port Aventura, we were right on the beach and it was a LOT cheaper.

We really enjoed the park.

I went to the park just a few weeks ago over the Easter Hols, and had a good time. I was a little surprised that the park guide had very little English translation, so if you can perhaps do a little research on line before you go so that you know exactly what the rides are etc. it would be helpful. The restaurants in the park seemed plentiful, varied and not too expensive. I'm afraid that I can't help with the on site hotels. Carolyn

Hi Barrie,

I am staying at Hotel Port Aventura at the end of August,when/where are you staying?

I have a phone number for the above hotel,0034 977 779 090.

I hope you have more luck than me,I've tried e-mailing and faxing the hotel several times and have not received one reply.

Carolyn,

it's been nearly 3 years since we were there but we got parkmaps printed in just English. There were also maps in French and German as well as Spanish. They were all together on one stand so it was very easy to pick up the wrong one - I know this as I struggled with a French one for a while until DH pointed out my mistake!

I'm surprised if they'd stopped this as they have so many foreign visitors.

Libby

Hi Libby, I think that you are right re: guides in all languages. Unfortunately as it was " Off season" when we were there most of the places which would usually have maps were closed. It was all right for my sister and her husband, because they speak Spanish, but I was a bit stuck!!! LOL Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter