Not in my post but

tinkslite

Mouseketeer
Today I posted the following on FB. What I didn't say was that my Special Needs daughter attempted suicide on Tuesday afternoon, is on a Legal Hold at the local hospital, and that means she can have no visitors, phone calls, or even text contact with us. I haven't seen her since the ambulance took her away from the house. She is 21 with the developmental level of someone much younger (she was clutching her Teddy Bear in the ambulance).
Any words of encouragment are appreciated. Any judgement or criticism is unnecessary as there is a healthy supply nearer home, believe me!
At the Disney Parks, staff are referred to as "Cast Members," because Mr. Disney thought of the parks as a show. Every employee from the custodial staff to the parade performers was part of the show. The cast members are considered to be "onstage" when they are out in the guest visited portions of the park, and they are "backstage" when in Cast Member Only areas.
"Good Show," refers to behavior and situations that enhance guest experiences (such as Peter Pan finding new "lost boy" friends amongst the guests children), and "Bad Show" anything that is detrimental to guest experience (such as trash on the ground or a Cast Member complaining about his/her schedule).
Cast Members are often Disney Fans and take pride in making guests special memories happen, in any way they can. In fact, there is a park term for these moments when a guests day/week/vacation is made extra special somehow:Magical Moments.
Have YOU ever had or witnessed a Magical Moment at a Disney Park, Disney Store, or a Downtown Disney or Disney Springs area? What did the characters or Cast Members do that helped create the Magical Moment? Why was it special? Do you have a photo that reminds you? Share in the comments below.
I will be adding some of my own families Disney Magical Moments (there have been several). I am looking forward to adding a few more, next month, when I take my nieces and nephew to the Disneyland Resort. BUT I need a little shot of Happy Thoughts, so help me out, gang! Share you Magical Moments with me! If you are/were a Cast Member, YOU please please share, too!

Oh, my! Please know my thoughts are with you and your daughter at this trying time. :hug:

I don't know that we've experienced any one specific "magical moment" but all our Disney vacations give us a magical feeling of "getting away" from the humdrum of regular life. The happy memories of times spent together are the most important.

I think my daughter would tell about the CM server we saw almost daily at Cabanas on our first DCL cruise. She had purchased a Pluto stuffy and carried that thing all over the ship with her. This CM would always stop to chat and "honk" Pluto's nose. He must have had a squeaker in his pocket or something, but she was convinced that the Dream was magical because Pluto's nose would squeak at breakfast.

Thanks. There just isn't much to be done, until the Legal Hold is released.
This sounds heartwarming. We also loved the cruises.

My thought are with you, that must be heartbreaking and frustrating at the same time!

Here's mine (DCL):
I have a son with Autism who really wanted to go on the Aquaduck but can't deal with long lines, pressure to get on quickly, etc. One night we waited until it was really quiet to get ready to go on, only to discover they were closing it early that evening (I think it was for fireworks prep). Anyway, the CM asked about our situation and we explained it to him. By the time we got back to our room, there was a special invitation for us to bring him the next morning before the Aquaduck opened. It was amazing. He got time to ask lots of questions and get comfortable with their procedures, etc. and was able to ride successfully. I was so appreciative, it was great to see him enjoy it just like a typical kid!

I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how frustrating that must be!

I don't know if this counts as a "magical moment" but it was special for me, so I'll share. I went on my first ever Disney trip this past May to June, with one of my best friends and her mom. I have had some physical delays/problems (I never know what exactly to call them now, since I have little problems now) throughout my life, including a hip replacement nearly 4 years ago, at age 29. All that to say while I can walk and I can even walk long distances, I like to think I have no problems, but I do. So on our final day at Magic Kingdom, my friends convinced me it was a good idea to rent a wheelchair, due to my pace of walking, and the fact that that already slow pace gets slower so by the end of the day I'm walking at less than a snail's pace. And seeing as I had to navigate the airport the next day too... well, it was probably in my best interest, even though I didn't want to. (Honestly, I still want to to do MK on my own without a wheelchair, just to say I did it! Ha!) Well, as we were going through MK, I saw this girl who must have been 12 or a young teenager. She had a cast on her leg and was being pushed in a wheelchair also. She didn't look to happy about it either (obviously! Who wants to spend a Disney trip in a cast??) She saw me, and her face lit up, and she just gave me the biggest grin, and I gave her a big grin too. I think that, because I look younger, I was probably one of the only young person she saw in a wheelchair, and she didn't feel so alone. So I was able to share a special moment with a total stranger, and probably the two of us will never meet again, and yet we have a bit of a bond now. :)

Please accept my best wishes for you and your daughter.

This is not really a magical moment - but it may make you laugh. About 20 years ago I went to WDW with my aunt and cousin. We stayed at All Star Movies in the Broadway section. We had rented a car, but were not at all familiar with the resort as it was very new. And it was later in the night.

We were trying to figure out how to get to our room. We spotted what we thought was a driveway. We were sure it was okay to drive there as we saw another car. My cousin let my aunt and I out (my aunt was in her 70s so we were trying to get close for her). My cousin then left to go park the car.

She came back with a dazed look on her face. She said that we actually had driven on a sidewalk. And as she had tried to exit somehow she kept driving around a pool - with people staring at her in disbelief. We all ended up rolling in the floor over our stupidity. The "car" we'd seen parked out front was a taxi cab prop for the Broadway theme.

The rest of the trip we'd go look out the window, see the sidewalk (now in the daytime), and think "how could we ever have thought that was a roadway?" We still laugh about it all these years later.

By the way my aunt just turned 92 and while not up to a Disney trip these days is doing great.

My magical moment happened on my trip last October. I was trying to find my significant other, and our support worker during the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom. I had gone to the bathroom, and when I came out. They weren't where I thought they were. We all had our cell phones with us, and called each other to find out where everyone was at. My significant other was with our support worker. So, it was just me trying to call both of them from my cell phone trying to find out where they were at. It was crowded, and with me using my rental power chair. It was tough trying to navigate through the crowd.

The show was almost over by then, and people were starting to leave. So, I called my support worker on her cell, and told her that I would just meet her, and my significant other by the monorail station. I was tired of having to fight the crowd. Because we had to ride the monorail back to the Transportation and Ticket Center to meet up with our Access Lynx paratransit ride. I must've looked either frustrated, or tired because one of the cast members standing by the ramp going up to the monorail station gave me a couple of free monorail co-pilot licenses after he had asked me who I was waiting for. It was tiring having to drive a power chair all day from the time the paratransit bus dropped us off at the gates at 7:30AM to the time we had to meet up with them again at the end of the day to go back to our resort.

But, that moment made me feel better.

Another magical moment happened on the same trip. I had again gone to the bathroom while my significant other, and our support worker waited to see the Frozen Ever After show. By the time I came out of the bathroom. I was too late to get in, and my party was already inside. I had a great time talking with the cast member at the entrance though. He made my day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!