Not the Wave for Breakfast?

I didn't listen to the podcast.... but last year brunch at the Wave was our best meal EVER. It was SO good,and so much better than the average breakfast onsite...it was a buffet, but so much nicer in there!

Thank you all for your very helpful replies! It's been great to read what you all think.

I think the general consensus is that it's fine to good. We had a solid breakfast there. It's also one of the less expensive buffets. I will never knock that. Where are you staying? And which park are you going to? Convenience is also a factor.

I'll give jo-jo's review my take (and I in no way think hers is wrong for her). I hate butter of any sort on pancakes - so take that away, I will have no problem. I don't eat fruit at buffets - so I wouldn't even notice the change that she disliked. And smoked salmon? For me - ick. Once my husband left some smoked salmon on a plate on the counter. I walked into the kitchen and thought one of our cats had thrown up onto a plate. I gagged and tossed it. That's my response to smoked salmon. I don't even want it on the buffet. So for her - it's not a good choice anymore. For me - none of her objections would make me unhappy in the least.

Weren't some of the complaints on the podcast having to do with theming? Theming is fine, but ,for me, not essential to a meal. They do tend to get overly swept up in "immersiveness". For restaurants, I care more about the food. For attractions, I care more about the fun. For example - Harry Potter at Universal is immersive - but poorly planned for the volume of people it sees - so, to me, the fun drops significantly.

I'll be staying at Pop Century for 2 weeks (coming from UK). If I visit the wave I'll definitely be going into MK, but at this point my plans are still open to change. I think you've made some pretty good points and my tastes probably mirror your own by the sounds of it.

There's been a couple of solid arguments for Boma here...I'm almost contemplating keeping the wave and adding Bomas on an AK day......:confused3

The Wave's breakfast buffet has limited choices. quality food but the lack of choices is disapointing

Last edited:
I ate at the wave 2 weeks ago. The food was ok the service sucked. The waitress took off for like 10 minutes. I had nothing to drink! It was a joke and I was angry as hell. When she came back I said I'm ready to go and she said, that's it? I said yeah I want to go. She was a creep. Boma is way better then this crap imo.

Last trip having never tried any sit down restaurants for breakfast.
we decided to do a couple whispering canyons and the wave being the other.
We thought the wave for being a buffet style was good. Service was good food was hot if you like pancakes the sweet potato are very good.
Plus the added bonus if you are visiting the magic kingdom that day you can jump on the monorail

We are booked at the wave for breakfast on our first day. I thought the lack of characters and the buffet with what looks, on the menu, to be interesting, and tasty choices, but not overwhelming, would be a good easy first meal for the kids to settle in to WDW before hitting MK!

We enjoyed our breakfast at The Wave. We, honestly, booked it because it was our light morning and we wanted a boozy brunch and The Wave has refillable mimosas (max three, but the third was pretty big!). We also liked that most of the dishes on the menu were available on the buffet line so that we could sample without committing to one item. We loved a lot of the items we had, including the yogurt parfaits, the hash brown casseroles, the grits and the eggs benedict with key lime hollandaise. I did find that certain dishes ran out rather quickly, which could cause a hold up on the line, but their replacements also arrived quickly and at least you knew the food was freshly prepared. Also, the salmon mentioned above returned, as I had some salmon with capers and onions without any carb component. We were actually thinking of going back on our full off day but ultimately didn't want the hassle, we will likely return in the future though, that is how much we liked it!

We've booked our first ADR for breakfast next month and very hopeful it will be as delicious as our Christmas dinner was a few years ago. We'd go to the Wave more often but it's missing a nice view, so we mainly eat dinner at GF now.

ohhhh...... those cheesy grits are amazing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter