Nothing will ruin a great day at Disney like....

BigAlsGal

DIS Veteran
Realizing you lost your wallet!! Oy! DH realized he lost his wallet after we got off the parking tram. We searched the tram. Nothing. They took us back to the gate to be told we can’t go back into the park. He was 100% sure he dropped it on Everest because he had it right before. They gave us a # to call the next morning. (Boy that felt like an eternity). Called the next morning and thank goodness they had it and everything was still in it. Whew!!

Went to pick it up and last minute got a 10:50 Whispering Canyon breakfast reservation. Probably one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had!

Maybe you guys have a lost and found story. It’s pretty scary when we started to think about how we’d get home on the plane. I have to say their system is well organized. If you find yourself in a similar situation try not to lose hope.

I lost my driver's licence, which caused more than a little panic. Mentally backtracking, I realized the only time I had intentionally taken it out was at EPCOT Guest Services when I upgraded my park ticket to an AP, but there was the chance that it may have slipped out accidentally. I went back to GS and they said they weren't sure they'd seen it but if I had left it behind they would have sent it over to Lost and Found at MK. On the way over there I started researching what it would take to get a temp ID so I could at least fly home... didn't come up with any good/fast options. By the time I got thru the line at Lost/Found I was totally stressed out, but fortunately they had it.

Last edited:
My LV wallet got stolen the day we were flying home. I accidentally left it in the bottom of stoller in a souvenir bag, came out of a ride and it was gone. We were about to leave the park to go to airport.
Whoever took it thought they were getting some Disney merch and they gained a Louis Vitton. It never turned up.
I was still able to get through security. I had to go through a separate line. The guard called someone on the phone and they asked me all really random questions like what kind of car did I drive 10 years ago. And what kind of professional liscensing I have.

I lost my. MB on my last trip. Twice. I finally got one of those Magic Keeper things and flipped it to my wristlet. I never had issues with the 1.0 MBs, so I’m not sure what I was doing wrong!

And OP, why couldn’t you go back into the park? You don’t have to have a wallet to get into the park...?

I lost my. MB on my last trip. Twice. I finally got one of those Magic Keeper things and flipped it to my wristlet. I never had issues with the 1.0 MBs, so I’m not sure what I was doing wrong!

And OP, why couldn’t you go back into the park? You don’t have to have a wallet to get into the park...?
Sorry. It was closing time. Forgot to mention that. It was probably 20 minutes after close. It is the WORST feeling. We went from being on top of the world right into the crapper. We were so relieved when we found out it was in their hands.

I put my cell phone down in a store while trying on hats with my kids...

called that night and they had it at lost and found by the magic kingdom.. luckily that was the park we were doing the next day.. went and got it that morning. only downside.... dead phone battery for the day !!!

My daughter lost her brand new glasses on Rock'n Rollercoaster. My middle child was having a meltdown and I was so caught up in dealing her that I didn't notice my oldest still had her glasses on before the ride. Unfortunately they were never found and she spent the rest of the trip unable to see clearly. We still managed to have a great time.

I lost the diamond from my engagement ring in the Tower of Terror. Poor DH thought I had hurt myself when I came off the ride bawling (he didn’t ride). They checked the floor and called us later to let us know it was not found (not really surprised but nice they made the effort)

We got all the way to Florida last year and were checking into the hotel when I realized I forgot my license. I had switched purses and wallets and forgot to move it over. Luckily my Dad was able to go get it and overnite it to the hotel.

Another time years ago on our second trip to Disney we were flying and my Dad was driving us to the airport to drop us and bring our car back. And the car broke down getting off the exit! Luckily we were able to make it into short term parking. And then I realized I forgot my purse sitting inside the front door - which had everything in it! I think I had been rushing so much and the kids were really little and I sat it down last second before we walked out.

So here we are at the airport with a broken down car and no purse so we called and woke my brother up who raced to our house, got my purse and flew to the airport with it. He made it in time and took my Dad home who dealt with getting our car towed and to the mechanic while we were gone. Luckily it wasn’t anything major but holy crap that was one heck of a start to our trip!

So glad they found it for you! Disney really shines in the lost and found department! :groom:

Cell phone, pretty hat, child's jacket, CPAP machine...those are some of the items we've forgotten or misplaced on Disney property. Each item was promptly returned to us, fee-free. Go Mickey!

Glad to hear of all the success stories in having your lost items found and returned! I haven't personally lost anything at Disney, but it's good to know there may be a chance in getting an item back if I do.

Realizing you lost your wallet!! Oy! DH realized he lost his wallet after we got off the parking tram. We searched the tram. Nothing. They took us back to the gate to be told we can’t go back into the park. He was 100% sure he dropped it on Everest because he had it right before. They gave us a # to call the next morning. (Boy that felt like an eternity). Called the next morning and thank goodness they had it and everything was still in it. Whew!!

Went to pick it up and last minute got a 10:50 Whispering Canyon breakfast reservation. Probably one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had!

Maybe you guys have a lost and found story. It’s pretty scary when we started to think about how we’d get home on the plane. I have to say their system is well organized. If you find yourself in a similar situation try not to lose hope.

Wow you mean if I “loose” my wallet I can’t go home???? Hum

Someone stole my sons jacket in the video game place Disney quest, we never got it back of course. It was brand new and for us exspensive.

My wife left her purse and wallet on the bus in August. Took 5 days for it to show up in the lost in found, all the cash was missing (maybe $20) and Disney shredded the credit cards before shipping it to our home.

Wow you mean if I “loose” my wallet I can’t go home???? Hum

Someone stole my sons jacket in the video game place Disney quest, we never got it back of course. It was brand new and for us exspensive.
You can get through airport security without id. It just requires a more thorough security screen and will take longer.

We did RnRC at RD. We were probably the 3rd or 4th ride. My SO forgot to take off his hat and when the ride ended he said "oh man my hat flew off." A few people on the ride laughed and a bunch of us said said "oh man," we shrugged it off and started to get off the ride. The guy behind us holds up a hat and yells "I found someone's hat." The whole ride went wild, yelling and clapping. Even the CM's got into the fun.

Luckily we haven't had anything major happen but I'm glad you found the wallet. Losing my ID, a giftcard or my cash while on vacation is a huge fear of mine.

My 3 year old son has his favorite stuffed friends, Doggan and Donkey (who looks like Eeyore but just with a really big head) which he took with him to the parks daily. Doggan is his "best" friend. Somewhere along the way, Donkey was lost. We couldn't even remember the last time we saw him. My son was upset but not quite as much as if Doggan had been lost. So we came up with the story that Donkey wanted to stay with Pooh at WDW. He told everyone that. When we were talking about returning, he said Kitty (whom replaced Donkey) isn't going to stay at Disneyworld like Donkey did.

A few years back I left my sunglasses on the table at 50 Prime time Café. They were pretty expensive sun glasses too. About 5 minutes after I left the restaurant I realized I had forgotten them, went back and they were no longer there. Sever/cast members claimed not to have seen them when cleaning up. Went back hours later to see if they showed up anywhere, they didn't. Not sure if the sever or person cleaning up took them, perhaps another customer swiped. I know 100% I left them on the table, as my wife took a picture of the food and you can see my glasses sitting on the table in the photo. Didn't ruin my day or vacation though.

DH lost his wallet back when we were still just dating, and it was not retrieved. It was in the pocket of his jacket, which he left in a changing room of Blizzard Beach. Curiously, we had taken a photo of the jacket earlier that morning, which became known as the 'Last Known Photo of DH's Fencing Jacket'. Anyways, it was a big pain. The big deal was not the cards (they were cancelled), or the money (FIL wired some), but the fact that its really hard to get on a plane home without your ID. Thank goodness it was pre-9/11.

He has also lost at Disney his Drivers License (independent of the above situation) and his prescription glasses, but both, remarkably, were retrieved.

Edit: I just recalled that I left an umbrella on the monorail last time, so it's not as if I'm completely blameless. But still! An umbrella is not wallet!

I have two stories from our trip last week!

#1 - my 3 yr old son's lovey is Moosie, he is extremely attached. Well, he wanted Moosie OUT of his backpack when we got off the plane. OK, fine, whatever. We split up into boys and girls and go to the bathroom and meet by the big christmas tree. Kids run around while husband watches them and I get our Amazon Prime order in my phone, and we get ready to go to the tram. Where is Moosie? No idea. We search ALL over that tree, inside the tree, in the planters, husband goes back to the men's room, we even look in the garbage cans...no Moosie. Finally, some amazing angel of a woman with a British accent comes up and asks us if we lost a little plushie, and says someone walked by a saw it and brought it over to the nearby shop. We go over and there was Moosie! Thank you, stranger!!

#2 - getting off the bus after a looong day at Animal Kingdom. Lots of bus drama getting on (long lines, lady won't fold her stroller because her kid is sleeping, etc) and my family crams into the back corner. Well, on the way back both kiddos fall asleep. Husband gets sleeping 3 yr old, I get sleeping 6yr old, I grab leftovers, up to our room. Get the kiddos asleep and I ask husband where the backpack is... then realize we had crammed it behind the seat and forgot it. YIKES, it had both our wallets inside! Down to the front desk, they start calling around... after an excruciating 30 minutes or so, it is confirmed at Animal Kingdom Guest Services. I get on the bus, get it, back to room...Whew. Everything was still inside.

Was really impressed with both general humanity and the bus system lost and found this trip, that's for sure. And we were triple-checking that backpack the rest of the trip!

DH lost his glasses on Tom Sawyer's island on day one of our last trip. He NEEDS glasses. Somehow, they toppled off in a tunnel. Doesn't help that he's 6'5" and knocked his head hard enough not to realize the glasses were gone. Fast forward 15 minutes and we spend an hour looking for them. Nope. Every day, we call MK lost and found. Lo and behold, on the day we leave, someone turns them in! We have some funny, squinty pictures, though. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!