Nov. 24 2017 7-Night Bahama Cruise out of Galveston on Wonder

Question: My family and I will be "silver" cruisers for the first time on this cruise we are also Castaway Club members, is there a place we need to go when we check in at the Galveston port? I've heard that Castaway Club folks need to go to some certain line and I don't want to be looking around like I'm lost. Like I usually am.

Last edited:
Question: My family and I will be "silver" cruisers for the first time on this cruise we are also Castaway Club members, is there a place we need to go when we check in at the Galveston port? I've heard that Castaway Club folks need to go to some certain line and I don't want to be looking around like I'm lost. Like I usually am.

We were Silver Castaway Club members when we took this same cruise out of Galveston last year and I can't remember if we got in a seprate line or not. Hopefully someone on here knows. Either way we arrived at the port around 11:30am last year and were on the boat by noon.

:fish:Only 51 more days to sign up to one of our Fish Extender groups. If you would like to join Personal Message (PM) me with your room #, who is in the room, ages of any kids and an email address so I can send you an email with everyones room numbers and info once your group closes. If you are new to the DISboards you need 10 posts to PM. Once you have reached 10 posts PM me with your info as we are keeping most of it private. To PM me all you have to do is click on my avitar or screen name and then click on start a conversation. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your post count up.
:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

We booked brunch at Palo last week and we have never eaten there. Has anyone here been to Palo brunch and do you have any suggestions on what is really good? We looked online and it seams the gorgonzola grape pizza is popular as well as most of the deserts. Any other recomondations? :mickeybar

It's official we have got all our FE gifts ready to go. We booked all our onboard activites and dining and we just completed our online check-in. Now all we have left to do is pack.:)

Last edited:

Can I still join a Fish Extender Group? It's our first Disney Cruise and I just found out about it. We can't wait! Anything else I should know about? I am a big planner and usually have the parks planned with no problem 6 months in advance but this is new territory.

Looks like Key West is about to get hit hard by Irma. :worried:

Ya they are evacuating the Florida Keys and DCL has cancled the next 3 cruises out of Port Canaveral and both the Dream and Fantasy are returning to Port Canaveral early. I agree where ever this thing hits it is not going to be good. :worried:

Can I still join a Fish Extender Group? It's our first Disney Cruise and I just found out about it. We can't wait! Anything else I should know about? I am a big planner and usually have the parks planned with no problem 6 months in advance but this is new territory.

:welcome:There is still plenty of time to sign up for the Fish Extender for this cruise. To see how our Fish Extender for this cruise works our rules and guidelines are posted on page 13 of this thread. If you want to join Personal Message (PM) me with your room #, who is in the room, ages of any kids and, and an email address so I can send you the final list of everyone in your group. Since you are new to the DISboards you will need 10 posts to PM. Once you have reached 10 posts PM me with your info as we are keeping most of it private. To PM me all you have to do is click on my avitar or screen name and then click on start a conversation. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your post count up.

As far as other things you should know, here is some info I put together for a previous post.

As the Beach Boys say, get there fast then take it slow. It's easy to over plan. With all the things to see and do try and plan some free time to take it easy and just relax. Other than that we took this same cruise in 2016. Here are some things that we did not know until we found them out by reading the DISboards or until we got on the ship.

1. They offer a gingerbread house building class. You can get tickets by going to the customer service desk. We suggest going as soon as you board because they say the classes fill up fast.

2. Their is a Christmas Tree lighting ceremony. On our cruise it was the first night at 7:30pm.

3. If your family wants to meet characters their are three things you can sign up for in advance online. The Princess Gathering, the Frozen Meet and Greet and the Disney jr. Character Breakfast (which on our cruise was in Animators Palate).

4. CVS pharmacy is within walking distance from where the boat docks in Key West. It's great if you forgot to pack anything or want some bottled water or drinks for your in room fridge.

5. Starbucks is within walking distance from where the boat docks in Key West also, just incase you need caffeine.

6. If you want coffee on the boat Cove Cafe is the closest thing to Starbucks you'll find. It's located on deck 9 mid ship in the adult only section on the ship. They have a reward card with a free coffee after you buy 4 or 5 (I can't remember which).

7. Deck 9 is also where the free self serve soda fountain and soft serve ice cream machines are.

8. The ship has a movie theater which plays a mix of Disney movies including ones that have just come out in theaters. On our previous cruise Moana came out the day before we left and they had 3 or 4 showings of it.

9. We thought the Frozen, A Musical Spectacular was great and on our cruise they had shows at the normal evening show times and a matinee show at 2:30pm. Hopefully they do the same for this cruise.

10. If you want a private table for dinner call now and request one otherwise you may be seated with other people.

11. On our cruise the average temperatures were highs around 78 lows around 70. The water temp at Castaway Cay was around 76 which is cold when you first get in but ok after a couple minuets.

12. Castaway Cay has strollers and wagons you can just grab free of charge once you get off the ship.

13. On page 14 of this thread I put together a list of available onboard activities you can book online. The availability and times I posted were from August 26, when I booked all my activities so I am sure the times and availability of activities have changed since then but it should give you an idea of what may be available September 10th when you can book your onboard activities.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.:)

Ya they are evacuating the Florida Keys and DCL has cancled the next 3 cruises out of Port Canaveral and both the Dream and Fantasy are returning to Port Canaveral early. I agree where ever this thing hits it is not going to be good. :worried:

I am surprised that Disney actually cancelled three cruises -- the reports must be even more serious than we see on regular news. Prayers and thoughts to everyone.

Edited to add: this was just posted on the Carnival site:
weather update 9/5/2017 – 9:00 PM (EDT)

We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, which is now a category 5 storm in the Caribbean. Since the safety and security of our guests and crew are our primary concern, it will be necessary to cancel the following cruises given the projected path of the storm:

Carnival Liberty – September 7
Carnival Victory – September 8

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your vacation plans. We will automatically process a full refund, including any pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to your original form of payment within three weeks.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on our plans for our other sailings departing from Central and South Florida this weekend. We will provide another update by 1:00 PM tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'd like to still sign up to take part in the fish exchange!!
Cindy
sin_dee_duke@yahoo.com

:welcome: I will post our fish extender rules and guidlines so you can see how our Fish Extender for this cruise works. If you want to join one of our Fish Extender groups please Personal Message (PM) me with your room #, who is in the room, and ages of any kids, I already have your email address. Since you are new to the DISboards you will need 10 posts to PM. Once you have reached 10 posts PM me with your info as we are keeping most of it private. To PM me all you have to do is click on my avitar or screen name and then click on start a conversation. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your post count up. :)

For those that are interested in joining the Fish Extender for this cruise here are my rules and guidelines. We will be making groups with a maximun of 10 cabins in each group. You are welcome to join more than one group if you want more than 10 cabins. The last group will be closed one month before the cruise and I will then start a pixie dust group. If someone drops out of a group before the cruise, I will not replace them in a group (unless the group agrees).

Real names are not required – it is DW(Darling Wife), DH(Darling Husband), DD(Darling Daughter) and DS(Darling Son). If you want to give your real names in case someone in your group wants to make personalized gifts that's fine but it's optional.

Info required to join the FE is room #, who is in the room, ages of any kids and an email address to send the final list to. Optional info is any allergies, favorite characters and real names. The only person that will have your email is me and I will delete it from my contacts once we are back from the cruise. I will send an email to all participants in each group as it closes. After that, the only email you will get from me is if there are any changes in your FE group.

There is no spending limit (spend what you are comfortable with). Gifts can be per person or per cabin, your choice. Please make sure to hang your extender as soon as possible for those who want to deliver early (or daily - it does happen). There is no set day to deliver, just have everything delivered before Thursday November 30th at 6pm so people have time to pack. If there is no extender, please do not leave anything as the participants may have changed rooms.

I will let everyone know of any room changes up to 48 hours before the cruise, then I will be traveling to Galveston and have limited access to the internet. If you have any changes less than 48 hours before the cruise you will have to wait until you are on the boat and go door to door and drop off a note to your group with the changes.

I will try to check this thread often so feel free to ask any questions.

I am surprised that Disney actually cancelled three cruises -- the reports must be even more serious than we see on regular news. Prayers and thoughts to everyone.

Edited to add: this was just posted on the Carnival site:
weather update 9/5/2017 – 9:00 PM (EDT)

We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, which is now a category 5 storm in the Caribbean. Since the safety and security of our guests and crew are our primary concern, it will be necessary to cancel the following cruises given the projected path of the storm:

Carnival Liberty – September 7
Carnival Victory – September 8

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your vacation plans. We will automatically process a full refund, including any pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to your original form of payment within three weeks.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on our plans for our other sailings departing from Central and South Florida this weekend. We will provide another update by 1:00 PM tomorrow.

Thanks for the Carnival update. It's going to be a bad one. Hopefully those who are in it's path can get out. I have been through a category 5 hurricane and I would not stick around to go through another one if I could leave. :worried:

Thanks for the Carnival update. It's going to be a bad one. Hopefully those who are in it's path can get out. I have been through a category 5 hurricane and I would not stick around to go through another one if I could leave. :worried:

Yes, I used to live in Miami and remember them well. I hope they get that one road into Key West cleared also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts