Nov/Dec Crowds

korbbec

DIS Veteran
We want to do a holiday trip. Based only on crowd levels would you go the week after Thanksgiving, the 1st week in Dec or the 2nd week in Dec. Also, does anyone know when park hours will be posted for this period? Thanks.

None of the times you propose are high crowds at WDW, but they are very popular times with DVC, so booking needs to be done early. We usually book for that time period at the 11 month booking window.

Crowd levels should be about same....

Mousefest is 1st week of dec...i think....
lots of experts...using your secrets:lmao:
Have Fun....
Kerri

Thanks for the info. So you think that all of the weeks will be about equal then? May as well choose 1st week in Dec to get better point value. I would book right away, but my contract is closing on Feb 12th, then I need to get in the system. I'm hoping as long as I beat the 7 month window I should be ok.

You should be okay as long as you aren't picky about which resort you stay at.

We've only been the 2nd or the 3rd week of December, and we like the 2nd better for crowd level. The closer to Christmas the more crowded it is. Now, the DVC owners meetings are usually the first week in December, or maybe whatever that first week after Thanksgiving. We would like to go to one of those, but the second week of December is the first week I can take off.

If the taping of the Christmas parade is important to you, check when that is. Also, there are Pop Warner teams, or cheerleaders at the resorts(not DVC)and parks, and I think that's the first week in December.

Bobbi

As reported, the weeks you mention should be about the same. It used to be that those weeks were light crowds, but of late (last three or four years), they seem to be medium. Still not a bad time to go though. We usually have a first or second week of December on our calendar as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter