Nov17: Shhh…Don’t Tell the Kids , Husband or Podiatrist

Those are super cute. You must be super crafty! I've been on two cruises and just can't bring myself to bother with FE. It seems like an awful lot of work and extra planning…just not my thing :crazy2:

DH and I are going on the Fantasy next year and I think if there was ever a time to try it, it would be then…ahhh, who am I kidding? It's not going to happen :rotfl2:

I would not call myself super crafty but I can do a few things. This projects are real simple and take little time. I want to try out the FE so I have information to share in my blog on how it all works. I am really thankful that I am in a very small group (5 cabins, including ours) of adults only. It makes the 1st experience a little more manageable. So I am just calling this research...

My healing seems to come and go. I have no swelling for days and then it puffs up like a puffer fish! I've been going to PT twice a week since the third week of June and that has helped. Once my scar tissue 'popped' it definitely helped my mobility a ton! I didn't want to do the challenge without having done a 10K and Half separately first. I am signed up for St. Jude's Half Marathon in December with Betsy. I picked that to be my first half post surgery since the time limit is a 20 minute mile pace so I have a lot of wiggle room!

I hope your ankle cooperates! Its shocking the PT released you if you still don't have clearance to exercise from your doctor. I thought they were supposed to partner together? My PT is more cautious than my doctor. My doctor cleared me but my PT knows I want to return to running so she is being more cautious about it all.

Here are the special events going on while you are there:

Saturday, November 4th
9AM - Parisian Breakfast
1:30PM - Parisian Afternoon

Sunday, November 5th
12PM - French Family Meal Traditions

Monday, November 6th
12PM - Italian Food & Wine Pairing
1PM - Mediterranean Food & Wine Pairing
4:00PM - Hibachi Experience

Tuesday, November 7th
1:30PM - Italian Food, Wine & Beer Pairing

Wednesday, November 8th
12PM - Italian Food & Wine Pairing
12PM - Mexican Tequila Lunch
1PM - Mediterranean Food & Wine Pairing
1:15PM - Japanese Craft Beer Tasting

Thursday, November 9th
12PM - Mexican Tequila Lunch
1:30PM - Italian Food, Wine & Beer Pairing
4PM - Tokyo Pairing

My husband & I are doing the Parisian Afternoon. It still includes the unlimited Mimosas like the Breakfast but the meal is plated and includes macarons! We did it a couple years ago when it was brand new and enjoyed it. We figured this would work out better than the Breakfast so we would have time to relax and clean up from the 10K. All of those events are lovely that are going on during your trip. My husband and I really enjoyed the Hibachi Experience when we did it 2 years ago and it was well worth the cost. The Mexican Tequila Lunch is also a ton of fun. The Italian Food, Wine & Beer Pairing also gets great reviews.

I feel so much better that I did not miss any special events...these are what I found. Nothing is really jumping out at me screaming to do.

I am glad you are on the mend. I so understand the puffer fish...happens to me still. The PT was doing just basically stretching and not much more...all things I can do on my own and was not worth the $200 a week price tag. I have been continuing those stretches on my own and my pool work running 3-5 times a week. I go back next week for my 9 month follow up...plus I have scheduled myself with a sports medicine chiropractor for the following day...something I should have done long ago...a second opinion. I am tired of the sidelines...

Joining in! Your plans sound amazing, so much to plan right and it will be here before we know it. I love the Disney Dream!! We celebrated our eldest son’s 6th birthday in February. It was our first Disney Cruise. You have to check out Vanellope’s Sweets Shoppe if you have a sweet tooth, best gelato ever! We actually got the giant racer sundae and it was a lot even though we split it 4 ways.... so good thou. The shows were magic! Your gonna have a blast!

My last weekend of vacation from my very little summer...can't think of a better way to spend it than to be speed scrapbooking on another website devoted to Disney Scrapbooking in their annual speed scrap marathon. Here is my first layout...

View attachment 256812

That's super cute! I used to LOVE scrapbooking…was briefly a Creative Memories consultant. Up until two years ago, I would still attend a yearly scrapbooking weekend. Alas, though I loved it so much, I am now a Photo Book maker. I use Shutterfly and make photo books for different things. It's not as fun to put together as a scrapbook, and I definitely miss the social aspect of getting together with my friends to scrapbook, but it also doesn't cost as much and I don't have the waste. I still have BOXES and BOXES of scrapbook paper, stickers, embellishments, and tools that I can't part with just yet, though I should probably do something with them before it's too late.

Around 11 pm all ALONE...no one to meet me like last trip or Cammy around to have fun with in the airport, so that means that I will be retrieving my luggage from the baggage carousel then heading back up to the main terminal and then back down the other side to...

:sad1: But at least you're getting on the DME!

For my first resort stay of 3 during the next week. I am hoping to get a refurb room so I can do a blog report on the changes. I read something on touringplans about how to request specific rooms so I am going to see how that works. I am not really picky at which section I am in (stayed in the 80s before so I would like a little different this time) and I am not afraid of walking. If I feel like it and the weather is nice I might even walk around taking pictures...I love POP at night!

I really like POP. We are DVC members but if we can't stay DVC, I'd have no trouble staying at POP. In fact, when my mom and I bring the kids next April, we are going to stay here for our first night before moving over to BLT. I like the look of the refurb rooms in the photos…I hope you get one so you can report back and let us know how you like it.

Joining in! Your plans sound amazing, so much to plan right and it will be here before we know it. I love the Disney Dream!! We celebrated our eldest son’s 6th birthday in February. It was our first Disney Cruise. You have to check out Vanellope’s Sweets Shoppe if you have a sweet tooth, best gelato ever! We actually got the giant racer sundae and it was a lot even though we split it 4 ways.... so good thou. The shows were magic! Your gonna have a blast!

WELCOME...Certainly have a sweet tooth...and Mr. Grumpy is a huge ice cream person! Gelato...LOVE...although we tend to be snobs now when it comes to the stuff (we went to Italy a couple of years ago and literally the highest rated gelato ship in Rome was about 4 doors down from our apartment we rented...can you say gelato for breakfast every day).

I am so excited about the cruise...but the 3 day seems so short now that I research all the fun things to do!

Any tips?

That's super cute! I used to LOVE scrapbooking…was briefly a Creative Memories consultant. Up until two years ago, I would still attend a yearly scrapbooking weekend. Alas, though I loved it so much, I am now a Photo Book maker. I use Shutterfly and make photo books for different things. It's not as fun to put together as a scrapbook, and I definitely miss the social aspect of getting together with my friends to scrapbook, but it also doesn't cost as much and I don't have the waste. I still have BOXES and BOXES of scrapbook paper, stickers, embellishments, and tools that I can't part with just yet, though I should probably do something with them before it's too late.

I too have so much stuff...I started to give away to church and other clubs a lot of paper stuff. I don't know what to do with my tools. Occasionally I will pull them out and use them...especially the circle cutter (which I used the other day on a Fish Extender project).

I love digital scrapbooking! I downloaded the project life app and am now even doing some scrapping as I wait around places. I do my pages with the former Creative Memories software and upload to Shutterfly for photobooks...LOVE!

:sad1: But at least you're getting on the DME!

I know right...and I am really excited about the ME-NESS! I am so selfie challenged though!

I really like POP. We are DVC members but if we can't stay DVC, I'd have no trouble staying at POP. In fact, when my mom and I bring the kids next April, we are going to stay here for our first night before moving over to BLT. I like the look of the refurb rooms in the photos…I hope you get one so you can report back and let us know how you like it.

I am sorta on the fence right now about the refurb rooms from the pictures. They seem so sterile...

Not a lot happening with the trip planning right now...start of the school year so I am EXTREMELY BUSY (and already wishing it was midSeptember so things would slow down some, although last year it was pretty much crazy the entire school year).

I did convert all of my Swagbucks, Shopkick & Perk gift cards at Sam's today and I need to get it applied to the balance on our cruise (POF is due in a couple of weeks)...

cift.jpg

Another $650 earned towards our trip. Back in May I used my earnings to make the deposit+ a little more on our cruise ($600)...so most of our cruise is going to be paid through my DisneyPenny Apps as I like to call them that I have earned since last December. Almost $1200 in "FREE" money in 9 months is a good thing...although I hate to call it free because I do work at it.

Not only is the Dream sailing away without us, but I am going solo for the entire trip...

It's amazing how fast your plans can change...

This morning I was so excited about being able to almost pay for our cruise with my DisneyPenny Apps and this afternoon, I am cancelling our cruise. My oldest son is a senior in high school and a starting varsity football player...

pict.jpg

Isn't he handsome? :love: In the past football season ended the last week of October so we felt pretty safe in booking the cruise. This afternoon he emailed me the schedule and his season now ends November 18. The last home game is November 10th, the day we are scheduled depart on our cruise...last football game of the season is senior night where he walks his mother on the field...plus it is senior night for the band and he is assistant drum major...MOM HAS TO BE THERE! So there goes the cruise...

I was able to find a SW flight for early Friday morning that will get me home in time for the game. DH flights are cancelled, now to call and cancel the cruise.
:(:(:(:(:sad::sad::sad:

Last edited:

Well - at least its a really good reason to be cancelling the cruise and not for something unfun!

My flight does not leave until 6 pm from my regional airport and has a tight connection at Dallas Love field, so I guess once again I will not have time for one of my favorite margaritas…
Okay, so where are these margaritas? I will be at Love and am looking for a place to have a drink before our flight.

Around 11 pm all ALONE...no one to meet me like last trip or Cammy around to have fun with in the airport, so that means that I will be retrieving my luggage from the baggage carousel then heading back up to the main terminal and then back down the other side to...
Maybe I'll see you we get in around 11 I think too.

For my first resort stay of 3 during the next week. I am hoping to get a refurb room so I can do a blog report on the changes. I read something on touringplans about how to request specific rooms so I am going to see how that works.
I have used this for my past three trips and use it for all my clients and I've had really good luck getting what I request. Hopefully you can get a new room.

Isn't he handsome? :love: In the past football season ended the last week of October so we felt pretty safe in booking the cruise. This afternoon he emailed me the schedule and his season now ends November 18. The last home game is November 10th, the day we are scheduled depart on our cruise...last football game of the season is senior night where he walks his mother on the field...plus it is senior night for the band and he is assistant drum major...MOM HAS TO BE THERE! So there goes the cruise...
Oh no I am sorry you had to cancel the cruise. At least you will be able to get back in time and hey there's always next year right?

Not only is the Dream sailing away without us, but I am going solo for the entire trip...

It's amazing how fast your plans can change...

This morning I was so excited about being able to almost pay for our cruise with my DisneyPenny Apps and this afternoon, I am cancelling our cruise. My oldest son is a senior in high school and a starting varsity football player...

View attachment 262078

I was able to find a SW flight for early Friday morning that will get me home in time for the game. DH flights are cancelled, now to call and cancel the cruise.
:(:(:(:(:sad::sad::sad:

Oh man! Bummer about the cruise, but there will be other cruises and this moment is a once in a lifetime one! Totally worth cancelling the cruise!

I just noticed the title change. Are you doing what I think your doing?

Yep, I'm wondering this too! C'mon, fess up, inquiring minds want to know! LOL!

Sorry to here that you have to cancel your cruise. But at least it is for a special event/season - your son's last high school football game and Senior recognition. Your son has that tough guy look in the photo. The look is appropriate for the football photo that the school probably uses for the season and when he wants to intimidate the other team. :smooth:I just know that my nephew now has that same look in EVERY single photo he takes - no matter the occasion, goofing around with family, with grandma, his girlfriend, prom, etc. And I would love to see him smile for a picture again sometime. :groom:

The scrapbook page looks great. Like buzzrelly, I too, have lots of Creative Memories supplies and tools, etc. that I still have though I have not scrapbooked traditionally for several years. I also find it hard to part with the supplies since I have quite a bit of money invested in them and I still like the traditional scrapbooks over the digital books. But like so many others I am making some digital books for special events since it is easy to do and not very time consuming. But I really miss the social time when I would scrap with friends.

Another $650 earned towards our trip. Back in May I used my earnings to make the deposit+ a little more on our cruise ($600)...so most of our cruise is going to be paid through my DisneyPenny Apps as I like to call them that I have earned since last December. Almost $1200 in "FREE" money in 9 months is a good thing...although I hate to call it free because I do work at it.

Please sharea list of your DisneyPenny Apps! I would love to give it a shot for some spending cash at Disney.

Shhh Don’t Tell My Poderist

One should never feel Depressed or feeling left out when planning your WDW trip and you would think by this stage in life, I would never use the word. I started my PTR with the word NEVER, but a few days ago I made a decision after visiting with my podiatrist and then my second opinion doctor (who I wish I would have visited 9 months ago) that effects this entire trip (well at least the first couple of days)...

wineanddine logo.png

I am now registered to ATTEMPT to complete the W&D Half Marathon and earn this pretty piece of bling (and I have to admit that the possibly of 3 park run has me intrigued)…

dkjfnw08031.jpg

I know this sounds incredibly crazy considering up until a couple of weeks ago I had 0 miles since last year’s W&D 3-Course …1 out of the 2 doctors supports my decision (Can you guess which one I have not told yet) and is going to help me with the ankle part (really my whole body). I have done everything FAITHFULLY that the other one has asked of me for 9 months…

E1C0835B-C4DC-466D-92CF-30AF175EA2DE.JPG

I wore that boot without fail for 6 months (even for 4 days around Disneyland), as well as working out in the pool running and kicking during that time. I went out and bought all new shoes for that meet specific criteria and wearing the custom orthotics in my running shoes, although I am still not leaving my shoes on until I go to bed…working on not being barefooted but it is so hard (the whole kick off the shoes and take of the bra thing after work :eek::eek:). I did the PT (which I hated because it was costing me a ton of money with little return). I decided when I was told yet another month (9 months of this advice), NO WALKING OR RUNNING. Why is this ankle not healing? I decided to conquer my fear of chiropractors and the “quackery” holistic thing they promote and made an appointment with one of the leading sports/wellness chiros in our city. He told me to get out there and we would work on the healing…my mental state is as equally as important as my ankle.

IMG_3476.JPG IMG_3573.JPG

Between you and me I have been testing the ankle out for the last couple of weeks in secret and I did 4 miles in the mountains on trail terrain (dragging a 12 year old with me the whole way)…the ankle was sore but it held up well and another 6.55 miles (just had to see if I could do half of a half..again in mountains, pavement but lots of up and down) this weekend (my sun progression picture of when I started to when I ended).

IMG_3422.JPG

Last night I decided to test out a mile of intervals and see what happened. And surprisingly the ankle has again proven to hold up with, just a little mild inflammation and soreness to report this morning...

Looking at the calendar and what Galloway has for beginners, I have enough time to build up enough miles that I feel comfortable attempting 13.1 miles. Also, I am going to walk the race as much as I can and just focus on the 16 mm pace. Although I have not done any miles for the last 9 months, I have spent a lot of time in the pool so I am not completely out of shape.

From a mental health stand point, I need this race. I am so tired of being on the sidelines. More importantly I am need the ME time that training brings to my life.

Also, it came down to $ and even if I do not complete the race I am just about breaking even.

images.jpg

Here is my Disney Math:

• Registration $199
  • W&D Post-Race Party ($79)-I was considering going to the party by purchasing a ticket to give myself more time at F&W. So taking that cost out of the mix the half is now costing me $129.
  • Change in Resort Costs ($72)-I had only booked a room only reservation at POP since nothing was available at ASMovies. I purchased my bib with an agency and their package deal dropped my room reservations by $68 because they had standard view rooms available at POP and had purchased rooms at a lower price, plus I get back a little another way that I can’t mention on the DIS)…now the half is costing me $57.
  • Shirt ($30)-I love my runDisney shirts. LOL. Now the race is costing me $27.
  • W&D Half also comes with a $15 gift card, bringing the cost to $12…
$12 alone is worth more than the entire race experience and should I pull myself or get swept I can handle losing $12 on a bus ride
As a teacher of math I love working the numbers in my favor.

I may end up regretting this, but bring on the training and if I am out $12 so be it but at least I tried. And to quote Walt…

126902-It-s-Kind-Of-Fun-To-Do-The-Impossible.jpg

Okay, so where are these margaritas? I will be at Love and am looking for a place to have a drink before our flight.

Maybe I'll see you we get in around 11 I think too.

I have used this for my past three trips and use it for all my clients and I've had really good luck getting what I request. Hopefully you can get a new room.

Oh no I am sorry you had to cancel the cruise. At least you will be able to get back in time and hey there's always next year right?

Cantina Laredo...are you flying SW out of Love on Friday night?

Actually I am looking at February...LOL...I really need to get a cruise in before my 3 clients in March!

Sorry to here that you have to cancel your cruise. But at least it is for a special event/season - your son's last high school football game and Senior recognition. Your son has that tough guy look in the photo. The look is appropriate for the football photo that the school probably uses for the season and when he wants to intimidate the other team. :smooth:I just know that my nephew now has that same look in EVERY single photo he takes - no matter the occasion, goofing around with family, with grandma, his girlfriend, prom, etc. And I would love to see him smile for a picture again sometime. :groom:

The scrapbook page looks great. Like buzzrelly, I too, have lots of Creative Memories supplies and tools, etc. that I still have though I have not scrapbooked traditionally for several years. I also find it hard to part with the supplies since I have quite a bit of money invested in them and I still like the traditional scrapbooks over the digital books. But like so many others I am making some digital books for special events since it is easy to do and not very time consuming. But I really miss the social time when I would scrap with friends.

Please sharea list of your DisneyPenny Apps! I would love to give it a shot for some spending cash at Disney.

OMG...I thought my DS had gone crazy with his standard picture pose now...I am so glad that your nephew poses the same way for everything...I want to kill dS#1 sometimes now!

I will get a list together for you...mainly swagbucks, shopkicks and perk is all that I am using now.

Yay!!!!!!!! I am excited for you! I think this will be a good challenge for you. You've been much more diligent in any kind of rehab then I have. Normally when they tell me to do other exercise I take that as a recommendation to sit on the couch and drink wine! ;)

The bus isn't that bad if you do end up picked up. I've been on that bus twice (both times because of injuries and I knew going into the race I wasn't going to finish)

Glad you decided to end up doing it. I hope the chiro will help you out! Sorry your physical therapy was a bust.

I get you on feeling out of it for being on the sidelines!

Yay!!!!!!!! I am excited for you! I think this will be a good challenge for you. You've been much more diligent in any kind of rehab then I have. Normally when they tell me to do other exercise I take that as a recommendation to sit on the couch and drink wine! ;)

Oh I have done my share of sitting on the couch with things I should not mention...The chiro could not believe I survived in the booth for as long as I did.

Awesome! I'm so happy for you feeing better and signing up for the half! Congrats!

Thank you...I am so excited even for the 3 am wake up call!

The bus isn't that bad if you do end up picked up. I've been on that bus twice (both times because of injuries and I knew going into the race I wasn't going to finish)

Glad you decided to end up doing it. I hope the chiro will help you out! Sorry your physical therapy was a bust.

I get you on feeling out of it for being on the sidelines!

I am really not too worried about being on the bus...at least I will be out moving again. And the pick up will not be for skipping training or not training at all because I was relying on pixie dust and Disney magic.

It is funny because a lot of what the PT guy said the chiro says, but the PT never did things to address the whole issue instead focused on the ankle...the chiro says the ankle was not getting better with PT because the whole needed to be fixed too. I can already tell a difference with just 5 treatments in. I am anxious to see that the blood tests show...

The sidelines SUCK!

It is great to hear that you are seeing progress with your ankle strength. The Disney magic is a great motivator!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!