November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

Hi, is this group still doing a fish extender exchange that we can sign up for? We just checked out the FB group for our cruise and they were full.
Thanks!

I can't believe we are under 60 days now! And that summer is over. DD went back to school last week.

I'm going to *try* not to wear any of the clothes I set aside for the cruise. DH will still be wearing everything (at least t-shirts and polos) right up until we leave so I will need to keep up with laundry so I have clean clothes for him to pack. DD should stop wearing her summer clothes any day now when the cold comes.

When is your FIL's surgery scheduled?

He is scheduled for October 10th, so exactly 1 month from sail date. Recovery is 2-3 weeks (with no-complications of coarse) We are praying for the best possible outcome. He wants to cancel, but knows MIL wouldn't go without him and doesn't want her to cancel her trip, so he is pressing on.

Hi, is this group still doing a fish extender exchange that we can sign up for? We just checked out the FB group for our cruise and they were full.
Thanks!

Well, it appears the other family that was interested is no longer active here and no one else has shown any interest from what I see unfortunately. I was really hoping others would join in, I'm sorry to hear that the FB group can't take on another :(

Hey. I was wondering if someone might be able to help. My family is actually sailing the same itenerary Nov 24. My wife is in a wheelchair and we don't be getting off at the ports. Would some one be able to scan the navigator schedules when you get back and send them to me? We would like to get an idea of what is available and plan accordingly

Thanks!

Hey. I was wondering if someone might be able to help. My family is actually sailing the same itenerary Nov 24. My wife is in a wheelchair and we don't be getting off at the ports. Would some one be able to scan the navigator schedules when you get back and send them to me? We would like to get an idea of what is available and plan accordingly

Thanks!

If I can upload them from my phone photo with scanbot, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to help you out! I will upload them to a google photo album and send you the link when we get to our destination after disembarkation Saturday 11/17.

If I can upload them from my phone photo with scanbot, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to help you out! I will upload them to a google photo album and send you the link when we get to our destination after disembarkation Saturday 11/17.
Thank you so much!

Only 47 more days!

DD11 is starting to really get excited after I showed her some videos over the weekend. She has been on this ship before but that was a few years ago so she only remembers bits and pieces. She is excited about being able to come and go in the kids club....Mom and Dad are nervous about that part:scared:. She was excited to hear that she can just go up to the buffet and take what she wants and not worry about having to pay for it.

I ordered more packing cubes because I always seem to run out of the ones I have. I decided I'm not going to take a big garment bag because I find them a pain to pack but ordered a couple of thin protector suit bags that I will fold in half and stick inside of a regular suitcase....I hope that works out ok. I was going to put my gown in one of the suit bags.

We are getting a bit worried about taking DD11 out of school for the trip...I think one of her teachers is going to be difficult because he laid a guilt trip on the parents during open house. :( We plan to stop taking her out in the higher grades but not sure if that should be 7th or 8th grade. She is in 6th grade now. All these years we have been taking her out, only her 4th grade teacher was miserable about it. I am hoping to fit in one more cruise during 7th grade and actually have it booked already. After that, we will vacation during her school breaks.

Only 47 more days!

DD11 is starting to really get excited after I showed her some videos over the weekend. She has been on this ship before but that was a few years ago so she only remembers bits and pieces. She is excited about being able to come and go in the kids club....Mom and Dad are nervous about that part:scared:. She was excited to hear that she can just go up to the buffet and take what she wants and not worry about having to pay for it.

I ordered more packing cubes because I always seem to run out of the ones I have. I decided I'm not going to take a big garment bag because I find them a pain to pack but ordered a couple of thin protector suit bags that I will fold in half and stick inside of a regular suitcase....I hope that works out ok. I was going to put my gown in one of the suit bags.

We are getting a bit worried about taking DD11 out of school for the trip...I think one of her teachers is going to be difficult because he laid a guilt trip on the parents during open house. :( We plan to stop taking her out in the higher grades but not sure if that should be 7th or 8th grade. She is in 6th grade now. All these years we have been taking her out, only her 4th grade teacher was miserable about it. I am hoping to fit in one more cruise during 7th grade and actually have it booked already. After that, we will vacation during her school breaks.

I could have written this myself!!!!!

I was just saying this over the weekend. I need more packing cubes (which ones do you buy?), but most of all the school part. My daughter, also in 6th grade, will be counted as unexcused for 6 1/2 days. The maximum allowed for her is in this new school 5. :confused3 We booked this cruise before doing a non-resident transfer to this new district so we didn't know their policy on vacation days, etc. I'm really worried that she will not be accepted into the school next year. I am writing a letter to the principal, and my husband and I will likely go talk with her if it is an issue because staying in this school district is a big deal for us.
Like you, we won't be taking trips outside the allotted time from now on if this is a big deal. It wasn't in her previous school, but it was Elementary. :confused: Really been stressing about that though. I'm going to email all of her teachers to notify them before I send the letter to the principal too. They want advanced notice, I guess to get work for her prepared? But then again, it was said she can't make up work for unexcused absences, so I don't know. :eek: :faint: :scratchin

My DD wants to be surprised for the vacation, so none of my kids know when we are leaving except that it is SOMETIME in November, but they think it is near Thanksgiving. In fact, we are picking up my daughter from school and heading straight out from there. Hopefully she is wearing something comfortable to school that day :rotfl:. I'm also hoping the teachers don't ruin it somehow, but I'll try to mention that when I email them. My son's school is more lax, so we are able to take him out the full day. Since I drop my daughter off for school first, I'll make it appear like he is going to school... and then just not take him and come back home to pack the car up and have him help me. It's SO hard to surprise her. She is so nosy and and usually can figure things out pretty easily on her own even when she doesn't want to know, good at context clues. I told her to pick out things she wants to take on the trip at the end of October, take pictures of them and then I will pack them all for her one day really fast and she won't have ANY idea.... :laughing:.

My first set of cubes came from ebags and this current set came from Amazon.

Sounds like you have more of a problem with your DD's school than mine. I think when I call it in to the office, they will be fine....last year they were fine. It's just her science teacher that I think will be difficult. Maybe I will tell her to mention to him that we are going to Kennedy Space Center too, maybe that will spark some interest and he will be nice to her about it. Hope it goes well with the Principle.

Did you see the new pricing structure for WDW that starts next month? They don't have details on it yet but I'm worried about it. We are planning WDW Feb 2021 which will be an expensive time to go but that will be when DD's break is.

My first set of cubes came from ebags and this current set came from Amazon.

Sounds like you have more of a problem with your DD's school than mine. I think when I call it in to the office, they will be fine....last year they were fine. It's just her science teacher that I think will be difficult. Maybe I will tell her to mention to him that we are going to Kennedy Space Center too, maybe that will spark some interest and he will be nice to her about it. Hope it goes well with the Principle.

Did you see the new pricing structure for WDW that starts next month? They don't have details on it yet but I'm worried about it. We are planning WDW Feb 2021 which will be an expensive time to go but that will be when DD's break is.

No I wasn’t aware of any price structure changes. I don’t really understand it anyway. How do I check daily pricing?

What does your daughter get off school for in February?? We get out 1 day for Presidents Day I think, but not enough to make a vacation out of it.

We usually go around Spring or Fall breaks (March and October) or Thanksgiving week).

I got our packing cubes from amazon but have yet to try them. I probably need to, I've just been so busy and preoccupied with other daily tasks that I cant even focus any energy on the trip!

Disney hasn’t released the daily pricing app yet so it’s all speculation as to how the pricing will work.

DD has the entire week with Presidents Day off as mid winter break. Her Spring break is in April.

I wish we got a fall break, I guest we get mid winter instead which stinks. Weather would be better in October than February. On the other hand, it’s really nice when you can fly south in February to get out of cold and snow.

No I wasn’t aware of any price structure changes. I don’t really understand it anyway. How do I check daily pricing?

What does your daughter get off school for in February?? We get out 1 day for Presidents Day I think, but not enough to make a vacation out of it.

We usually go around Spring or Fall breaks (March and October) or Thanksgiving week).

I got our packing cubes from amazon but have yet to try them. I probably need to, I've just been so busy and preoccupied with other daily tasks that I cant even focus any energy on the trip!
There's a lot of discussion on the new ticket system on this thread on the theme parks board, the new prices and ticket system will be available on October 16.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...ns-october-16th.3708051/page-34#post-59791468

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!