November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

I've been STUCK in google sheets with our budget and itinerary. I can not pull myself away :magnify: :idea: :scratchin I just need to figure out where this money for "extras" is coming from and not much time to do it.
I'm doing 2 consignment sales in August, so there's that.

We are already back to school shopping. School starts August 6th for our son and August 13th for our daughter. :earseek:Not long now!

Our DD starts back to school September 4.

There are a lot of extras to decide on. I really want a cabana but DH and I decided that it didn’t make sense for just the three of us and then I remembered the photo package is expensive so I would rather have that. Although I’m thinking about just buying 10 photos instead of all photos since DD insists that she is NOT meeting any characters so I didn’t think we would have many pics this trip. I think we are just going to do one excursion, preferring to just stay on the ship since we’ve been to these islands before. We’ve done Palo before so don’t feel a need to repeat that. Remy isn’t our cup of tea. I would like to try a couple days in the Rainforest Room but I’m going to try to not get a message this trip.

DH bought the tickets already for Kennedy Space Center.

Can’t wait to go!

Our DD starts back to school September 4.

There are a lot of extras to decide on. I really want a cabana but DH and I decided that it didn’t make sense for just the three of us and then I remembered the photo package is expensive so I would rather have that. Although I’m thinking about just buying 10 photos instead of all photos since DD insists that she is NOT meeting any characters so I didn’t think we would have many pics this trip. I think we are just going to do one excursion, preferring to just stay on the ship since we’ve been to these islands before. We’ve done Palo before so don’t feel a need to repeat that. Remy isn’t our cup of tea. I would like to try a couple days in the Rainforest Room but I’m going to try to not get a message this trip.

DH bought the tickets already for Kennedy Space Center.

Can’t wait to go!

Are you Silver, Gold, Platinum or Concerige? We’re only Silver, so chances of us getting a Cabana are a long shot ANYWAY however my husband would like to try to reserve one anyway. We’ll see.

My daughter is going to sign up for the Talent Show. She wants me to do it with her, but I don’t know yet ;). She’s not as stage fright as I am.

We’re not doing any excursions either. From a financial standpoint, we have spent so much on this cruise, we really want to explore everything the ship as to offer this time! Also not doing Palo or Remy.

I haven’t been to the Rainforest room, what about the massage did you not like? Or was it just expensive, or time consuming? I really need one :rotfl:

We’re getting ready to book our hotel for the night before the cruise, looking at Cocoa Beach so it will be just up the road. We had such a late PAT last time, I’d prefer to board before 12 this time.

I love the messages, just trying to keep the extras down but I will probably break down and do one anyway.

We are lowly silvers too. This will be our third cruise.

I’ve heard of silvers getting cabana, you just have to be persistent and keep checking the app every day to see if there is a cancellation. Also, as soon as you board, check and I think there is a wait list.

We are hoping for early PAT too as we are staying nearby the dock. We do need to return a rental car that morning and take the rental car shuttle to the pier.

I love the messages, just trying to keep the extras down but I will probably break down and do one anyway.

We are lowly silvers too. This will be our third cruise.

I’ve heard of silvers getting cabana, you just have to be persistent and keep checking the app every day to see if there is a cancellation. Also, as soon as you board, check and I think there is a wait list.

We are hoping for early PAT too as we are staying nearby the dock. We do need to return a rental car that morning and take the rental car shuttle to the pier.

That’s what I read about the Cabanas on here. So that’s my plan as of now anyway! :thumbsup2

We usually book hotels through Hotwire, so I never really know where we will end up till the money is spent other than what amenities they have, a general location and star rating. Thankfully Hotwire does ask if the guest recommends the hotel or not once stayed there, so we always choose one with 90% recommendation. I don’t think I’ve seen higher.

Since we are driving we get to pay the $136/week Disney parking fee :tongue:

FYI there are no Cabanas left at this point. I booked as Platinum this go around and they were gone within 7-8 minutes :)

FYI there are no Cabanas left at this point. I booked as Platinum this go around and they were gone within 7-8 minutes :)

Thanks! I already informed my DH that this was the most likely scenario, but :idea: I'll keep checking till sail date for cancellations. Curious... if for some reason we DO end up getting one that is cancelled and we need to cancel as well... how soon would we need to do so in order to avoid being charged for it?

Thanks!

We are platinum also, and were looking forward to booking a cabana on this trip. It was sad that they are all gone so fast. I wish they had more cabanas on Serenity Bay, but they would probably be gone as well.

We are platinum also, and were looking forward to booking a cabana on this trip. It was sad that they are all gone so fast. I wish they had more cabanas on Serenity Bay, but they would probably be gone as well.

It is surprising to me that they do not have more considering how popular they are. But I guess it is all dependent on space availability to build of coarse.

:welcome: :welcome:

Hi all! We booked this cruise opening day and are so excited! I am looking forward to getting to know some cruise buddies!

Roll Call: (alphabetical)

Ajandbellesmommy: Cruising with husband, son [6], daughter [4] , mother, MIL, FIL, BIL and his girlfriend and son.

Corinne Bodem: Corinne, husband, 3 kids [ages, 8, 10 and 11]

DisCruiseDad: Scott, wife Jen, DS [11] and DD [7]

Disneyelf10

gomagic: Tricia

keenanja: DS [11], DS [8]

LCoulter: Laura, husband Bob, DD [11]

lovewdwfun: Julie, traveling with husband and 4 kids [ DS10, DD8, DS5, and DD2 ]

MSPeeler: Michelle, cruising with my husband, Dave, our 3 kids [ages will be DD [12] , DS [10] and DS [4] ], and also my in-laws in connecting staterooms.

JessLFam: Jessica, husband, DS [5] & DS [3.5]

Sccrmnky2005: DD [5]

yepbob: Lisa, husband Art, DS [12], DD [9] & DD [6]
thank you in advance for your time I would love to be added to the fish extender for this Cruise November 10th fantasy thank you so very much please advise

Thank you in advance for your time I would love to be added to the fish extender for Fantasy Cruise November 10th, 2018. How on Earth can anyone navigate this site?! I can see I have a lot to learn. Please advise at your convenience. Warmest Regards, Jessica Garcia

thank you in advance for your time I would love to be added to the fish extender for this Cruise November 10th fantasy thank you so very much please advise

Thank you in advance for your time I would love to be added to the fish extender for Fantasy Cruise November 10th, 2018. How on Earth can anyone navigate this site?! I can see I have a lot to learn. Please advise at your convenience. Warmest Regards, Jessica Garcia

Hello Jessica! Glad to see you will be sailing with us. We did not officially set-up a Fish Extender group here, as we did not have enough interest expressed earlier.

I'm starting to wonder if I should have started adding names to a list and if we reached 6-8 people by 8 weeks out, then distribute information? I don't know. Only 3 were interested, and I'm not sure if they've found other groups on FB... :confused:
Ideas? Maybe not, I'm not sure. Like I said, I can organize. I'm great at spreadsheets, but I wouldn't be able to participate.... this is my first experience with a meet up board :rotfl2:

Thank you ever so much for responding. Yes, I would love to do the Fish Extender for this Nov10/Fantasy Sailing....
We don't do social media at all... thoughts? Is there a 'sign up sheet' or 'list' somewhere..... that you might know of?
I am happy to help you in any way that I can.... I just can't seem to wrap my head around the 'navigation' of this board! I have a LOT to learn. I was a Cast Member (WDW/Cast Activities) for ten years and I can tell you almost ANYthing about WDW.... but this?! A whole new world........
I appreciate your patience! Thank you again for your time.

I have already made a sign up for for a Fish Extender in google forms, I just hadn't posted it.

Who is still interested in a FE group here?

I know Garcia Familia is.

Sccrmnky2005 and nicoleshan821 were at one point, did y'all find one or are you still interested??

I'll add the form to the first post, when should it close? 4 weeks till cruise, 6 weeks?

We have approx. 15 weeks till cruise.

I'm happy to share a cabana, if anyone is willing to split the cost. Just a thought...

According to Sccrmnky2005 (sorry, I don't know your first name!), Cabanas have already sold out.
I have a party of 7 though, so we wouldn't be able to share anyway :blush:

Closing Date... I'm with the consensus. We don't have any social media so this will be the only way for us to participate. We have a 6 year old son celebrating a birthday during this sailing. We typically take him to WDW every odd birthday but thought we'd do something different. Thank you again for your time.

Closing Date... I'm with the consensus. We don't have any social media so this will be the only way for us to participate. We have a 6 year old son celebrating a birthday during this sailing. We typically take him to WDW every odd birthday but thought we'd do something different. Thank you again for your time.

Ok! I will close the FE sign up at 1 month out (October 10th)
Sign up Form is on the front page, but here is the link too: https://goo.gl/forms/kKSOSkxXuFmQvDLD3
You can either do 1 gift per cabin or 1 gift per person. I don't know how many will sign up, I'm sure we will have some late bookings. :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter