November 2017 Discount and Code watch

We are gong from November 9-17 and I noticed when we booked ADR's that 9-11 was harder to get ADR's than 12-17 even at 180 days. I thought maybe it was because it was the beginning of our trip but maybe it will be really busy.:scared:
For me, historically, ADR's (and for that matter FP's) can be more of a challenge on the first 2 days of any trip. This is especially true with the high profile locations like CRT and BOG dinner are in the mix. Because of Disney's 180+10 way of doing ADR's the best are snapped up prior to you even being eligible to make a selection..........it stinks but that's the deal o_O That's why I try to put the big ticket ADR's towards the last days of the trip. Unfortunately for our Jersey week trip that wasn't always possible. As of today we still haven't been able to get BOG dinner. I'm not sure the current status of availability is impacting that specifically but it could impact getting ADR's that are normally not a tough get as you get closer to your vacation. Also keep in mind the 9th thru 11th is the last weekend of F&W :oops:

Anyway based on what I'm seeing......and what you've seen.........it sure does looking like its gonna be a busy fall at WDW :D

Wishing you a magical vacation!!!

Doug :goofy:

For me, historically, ADR's (and for that matter FP's) can be more of a challenge on the first 2 days of any trip. This is especially true with the high profile locations like CRT and BOG dinner are in the mix. Because of Disney's 180+10 way of doing ADR's the best are snapped up prior to you even being eligible to make a selection..........it stinks but that's the deal o_O That's why I try to put the big ticket ADR's towards the last days of the trip. Unfortunately for our Jersey week trip that wasn't always possible. As of today we still haven't been able to get BOG dinner. I'm not sure the current status of availability is impacting that specifically but it could impact getting ADR's that are normally not a tough get as you get closer to your vacation. Also keep in mind the 9th thru 11th is the last weekend of F&W :oops:

Anyway based on what I'm seeing......and what you've seen.........it sure does looking like its gonna be a busy fall at WDW :D

Wishing you a magical vacation!!!

Thank-you I hope you have a magical vacation also!:) I always book my harder ADR's near the end of my trip, I was just surprised how much limited ADR's there were for Tusker House. I have never had a problem getting lunch there before at 180 days with lots of choices on times. We did get lunch but it was very slim pickings on times, lol. It could be because of Pandora too. We went Jersey week a couple of years ago and noticed around 60 days when FP+ were booked lots of things became available. Last year we went the week before Thanksgiving and it wasn't too bad until the end of the week and then it was packed! This year we are trying to go the end of Jersey week to just before Thanksgiving crowds start. This is getting complicated.:teeth: We were hoping for a discount at POR but no luck. I booked last year before resort and dining plan increases so I will tell myself that is at least a little cheaper to make me feel better, LOL. Not too many options for families of 5.

I have a question for people who have been passholders for years. Does Disney not send us an email when passholder rates are available? The only reason I found out was because I came here, and by that time it was apparently too late, I called and there was nothing available. Thankfully I already have a room at a rate that I was willing to pay, but when I booked the room I was told to call back when the passholder rates came out and I should be able to apply that discount to my room. I feel kind of slighted. One of the main reasons I bought the AP was for room discounts.

No, I have never been informed when AP discounts come available (by Disney when it happens, I mean). Perhaps others have, though. Checking the website like a crazy person when the time is near and keeping tabs on the Dis is how I learn when discounts are released.

That is one of the things that is so wonderful about the Dis!! You know what is happening quickly thanks to the efforts of the great people posting to these boards!!

Just whining here. Booked for December this past Sunday (8/13) at the Magical Room rate. Noted to self at the time - I should check each day now for the AP discount to see when it's released. Missed checking yesterday. Well - crap - its just Tuesday and I can't get a value resort room (not a suite!) at the AP discount in the 4 week time frame I have this Nov/Dec. Man those AP discount rooms were booked up fast!!! I'll keep trying in case someone cancels or they open more rooms - but really? That fast? It's one of the main reasons I like the AP.....

Last edited:

Just whining here. Booked for December this past Sunday (11/13) at the Magical Room rate. Noted to self at the time - I should check each day now for the AP discount to see when it's released. Missed checking yesterday. Well - crap - its just Tuesday and I can't get a value resort room (not a suite!) at the AP discount in the 4 week time frame I have this Nov/Dec. Man those AP discount rooms were booked up fast!!! I'll keep trying in case someone cancels or they open more rooms - but really? That fast? It's one of the main reasons I like the AP.....

I question if there were any (worth speaking of) to book up? I didn't get anything yesterday, either. I have never seen anything like this. It almost makes me want to cancel - it must be going to be crazy busy!

I was surprised to see they didn't officially exclude those 3 nights (Thanksgiving) because as far as I know, they've almost always blacked out those 3 nights from a room-only deal. Makes me curious if they didn't black them out so that they can later add discounts to those nights if a lot of people cancel. I checked several different resorts and most showed availability but on the left side was the full price and then on the right side was the "deal price" of full price, lol.

Thanks @TJA. I honestly didn't expect them to be included, but didn't see a specific exclusion. I was happy the CM suggested I watch closely for the AP discount rollout...was such a spur of the moment reservation I hadn't thought about it. Released the next morning and I was able to apply the new rate. Feeling lucky after reading all those that haven't received a discount.

Is there any advantage to calling and asking them to apply the discount? I've been looking regularly and so far I've found nothing for our dates. I too built our budget around the rack rate, but I feel like it's a bit wasteful to not try everything to get a discount.

Is there any advantage to calling and asking them to apply the discount? I've been looking regularly and so far I've found nothing for our dates. I too built our budget around the rack rate, but I feel like it's a bit wasteful to not try everything to get a discount.
CM's won't be able to give a discount if the discount doesn't exist for the resort. So if you see your resort in the MDE with no discount available.............calling Disney won't change that. At least it hasn't for me.............I've done it. :D

Ok...........there's a possibility (SLIGHT) that you call and there's a cancellation....and the discount becomes available.............but the odds are against you.

CM's won't be able to give a discount if the discount doesn't exist for the resort. So if you see your resort in the MDE with no discount available.............calling Disney won't change that. At least it hasn't for me.............I've done it. :D

Ok...........there's a possibility (SLIGHT) that you call and there's a cancellation....and the discount becomes available.............but the odds are against you.

If you check online and you see the discount is available for MOST of your trip, I've called before and Guest Services has been able to apply the discount to my entire stay. I've had that happen a couple times this year, with 2 different types of discounts.

If you check online and you see the discount is available for MOST of your trip, I've called before and Guest Services has been able to apply the discount to my entire stay. I've had that happen a couple times this year, with 2 different types of discounts.

I just tried that and it didn't work for me. Boo Hoo!

I only need one more night - it is frustrating!!!

I just tried that and it didn't work for me. Boo Hoo!

I only need one more night - it is frustrating!!!

For the AP one, I had to call back again. I think it just depends on who you get. For our November trip, 11/25-11/29 was available with the discount, and we have a reservation until 12/2. We also are staying at Pop, so I'm not sure if it depends on the amount of the discount. Pop's discount wasn't super great since I had the regular Magical whatever discount the GP has.

Yeah I tried and the CM said the only way I could get the discount would be to break my trip up. Nah, I'm not going to do that. I don't want to be room hopping and checking in and out. I'll keep checking or I'll just leave it alone.

Yep, one of the times I got the discount added, the CM said that, and I was like, I don't want to do that. He said he would check to see if he could just add it to avoid that hassle of having two reservations. He did it. The first time I tried for this AP discount on Tuesday, the Guest Service person said I would have to break up my trip, but then I called back yesterday, and that Guest Service person gave me the discount for the entire trip. Maybe I've been lucky with the people I've gotten.

Yep, one of the times I got the discount added, the CM said that, and I was like, I don't want to do that. He said he would check to see if he could just add it to avoid that hassle of having two reservations. He did it. The first time I tried for this AP discount on Tuesday, the Guest Service person said I would have to break up my trip, but then I called back yesterday, and that Guest Service person gave me the discount for the entire trip. Maybe I've been lucky with the people I've gotten.

You must have. I guess that means I should keep trying. I mean they have the discount for right in the middle of my trip. The CM told me that my stay was too long for it. Lol! You think they'd want you to stay a long time.

We are booked at Bonnet creek 11/10-11/18 but Im interested in a discount code for our dates if I can find one. I cannot find one even on our Disney Visa card website. Am I missing it or does anyone know where to find one?

Also it looks like those dates are extremely busy for some reason and there is basically no rooms in moderates at all for our dates. I know Jersey week is ending our 1st few days but not sure why its so busy.

We are booked at Bonnet creek 11/10-11/18 but Im interested in a discount code for our dates if I can find one. I cannot find one even on our Disney Visa card website. Am I missing it or does anyone know where to find one?

Also it looks like those dates are extremely busy for some reason and there is basically no rooms in moderates at all for our dates. I know Jersey week is ending our 1st few days but not sure why its so busy.
It's sandwiched between the Veterans Day / Jersey Week weekend and the arrival of the Thanksgiving crowds. If you trim those weekend dates from your search (11/13-11/17), there is plenty of availability showing...even at POR, CBR, and CSR. And those are even discounted.

It's sandwiched between the Veterans Day / Jersey Week weekend and the arrival of the Thanksgiving crowds. If you trim those weekend dates from your search (11/13-11/17), there is plenty of availability showing...even at POR, CBR, and CSR. And those are even discounted.

WOW! We may consider altering a day or 2 then. Thanks.

Both POP and CBR are showing availability at rack rates for 11/10 - 11/17. That 11/18 checkout date appears to be the biggest troublemaker.

11/18 is also trouble trying to check in on that date...,been trying for months to add that day on to the start of our vacation & have had no luck!

11/18 is also trouble trying to check in on that date...,been trying for months to add that day on to the start of our vacation & have had no luck!
It definitely appears to be the overlap date between the pre-Thanksgiving visitors and the Thanksgiving crowd. It makes sense...we leave on the 19th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts