November 2018 Discount Watch

disneydreamer1979

Earning My Ears
I was looking on the Mousesavers site at the historical release of discounts in November and noticed they usually have free dining for the week following Veterans Day. For the last few years it looks like Veterans Day was observed during the second week of the month, but this year it's being observed the following Monday I believe. I wonder with this happening if they will offer Free dining the 2nd week instead of the 3rd week. Assuming they offer it at all of course. Opinions?

We went Nov 17-23 last year...Free dining was included for the week. We did better with a room only offer. Free dining came out late April and room only offer became available in mid July.

Looking for room only offer for November 15-21 this year.

We went Nov 17-23 last year...Free dining was included for the week. We did better with a room only offer. Free dining came out late April and room only offer became available in mid July.

We went with free dining in November as well. Our travel dates this year are November 15th through the 24th and I'd love to see some discount.

Did you book Free Dining and then drop it when room discounts came out?

havent been in the Free Dining bracket for a couple of years, unfortunately. We are going this year Nov 10-17 so fingers crossed!

Just a quick update, I was just able to book a standard view room at the Wilderness Lodge! Looking multiple times a day just made our trip. Now I will try to modify to get free dining or try the room only discount that’s usually offered in late July...if anyone is interested there is now a CSR waterview available! :)

We are going around the same time but I think free dining will be better for us. I need to work out the numbers still though. i have four disney adults and one kid.

Did you book Free Dining and then drop it when room discounts came out?
Sorry for the confusion. Free dining was available the week we went but we did the room discount. We saved money by buying Disney gift cards at Target with our red card. Then purchased food when we wanted to eat. We did quick serve meals and ate well.. ended up saving about $300.00 for the week. The room only discount was added by me online when the offer came out

Sorry for the confusion. Free dining was available the week we went but we did the room discount. We saved money by buying Disney gift cards at Target with our red card. Then purchased food when we wanted to eat. We did quick serve meals and ate well.. ended up saving about $300.00 for the week. The room only discount was added by me online when the offer came out

I'm with you! When we went last we got FD (when they included table service credits). We're a family of 5... ages 2, 5, 7 & 2 adults and our trip FD receipts added up to about $800. We felt there was too much wasted food, too much pressure to eat more and often... We'd like to eat out of pocket this time- assuming we can get like a 20% off the room discount.

I'm with you! When we went last we got FD (when they included table service credits). We're a family of 5... ages 2, 5, 7 & 2 adults and our trip FD receipts added up to about $800. We felt there was too much wasted food, too much pressure to eat more and often... We'd like to eat out of pocket this time- assuming we can get like a 20% off the room discount.
I couldn’t agree more! We figured out that being tied to reservation times, the wasted food, and time lost while eating wasn’t worth it. Now we pick a nice table service meal at special places if we can get in or plan at least one meal at BOG, other than that we stroll at our own pace. We have also found new food items by being flexible, which has really been great. It comes down to what works best for your family/group. I’m just going to book yearly trips so we can get really good at it!!

Last year was our family's first ever trip. 5 of us with 2 rooms. (My parents, me, DH and 10 yo DD) We paid for dxdp for us 3 and split all of our credits with all 5. We still had snack credits left right before checking out and slent them on snacks for the plain. We got to try a lot of different food we normally wouldn't have the chance to try. But.....

I will never do a dxdp or any dining plan with table service again. Why?

1) I felt like I was pressured to put down that 20% tip everytime. Until my mom said, stop it! These prices are so inflated, even a 10% tip on every meal of ours was $15 to $20. I used to be a server and I remember those days. I know no one forced my hand to tip and we did tip well for good service but 5 meals on a dxdp ran us MINIMAL $120.00 + tip. Btw...our worst service was at Brown Derby.

2) So much food. 3 ts credits for 3 of us for 9 days was 81 credits split 5 ways and still felt like we needed to have a sit down twice a day to get the value for it.

3) We were using up so much valuable "play" time sitting and eating or waiting for our checks. Proabably spent 3 to 4 hours a days going to, eating, waiting for check, and leaving a restaurant.

Now we paid for our plan. It was not free. We wanted to "go all out" on our first trip and we regret getting the plan. I am sure it is great for those who are foodies. And we needed to get sit down ressies to get the value out of our plan. But if we ever do another dining plan, we would to quick service so there is no commitment to reservations.

Unfortunately we probably wont be able to get free dining this year since our trip is end of oct and beginning of november. And from what I have read our dates will probably be blacked out....and we are going to be at All-Star Movies. Maybe room-only discount will show up and that would be a plus! We are doing disney on a budget this time so even with no dining plan, I think we will be much happier and will have a lot more time to "do disney"!

We currently have 3 reservations covering Oct 27th thru Nov 10th this year because doing 1 straight reservation wasnt available. Crossing my fingers for room-only discounts for this period. We also have a reservation for these dates at DoubleTree Disney Springs in case room-only discounts dont come thru. Love the bigger room there and if it is only a smidge more it would be well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!