November 2019 car rental watch

Going 4/2-4/9 and no movement on my minivan rental with Alamo, which I booked through Costco at $424 a couple months ago. However, Enterprise is now $342 Is it as easy at MCO with the self service kiosk, pick your own car, etc? Thanks!

I just got a Nissan truck for 11/16-11/23 through Alamo for $180 total with the AP discount and the Alamo Insider rate. Not too bad, I thought :).

Just found our Alamo reservation through Costco for an intermediate SUV rate dropped to $263 for the week. Started at around $300 and had one small drop earlier. Making progress! :drive::)

Had no idea car rental places had such volatile pricing. How often are you guys checking these? I'd love to do this for our January 2020 trip.

Had no idea car rental places had such volatile pricing. How often are you guys checking these? I'd love to do this for our January 2020 trip.
In the past I’ve checked constantly, this time I’ve been checking every week or so. I’ll step up the game now, hoping to cut the cost a fair bit more if possible.

I am starting to get a bit concerned about our November car rental. We have a longer trip booked, the 13th-24th and the prices are all coming up between $500-$600. We do this trip annually, and while prices have creeped up over the years, we’ve always been below $300. I was able to get a decent price out of the car care center, but then we’d have to get there.

is anyone else seeing crazy high prices? It seems to be specific to our dates, because I have looked at different weeks and the prices are much more reasonable.

I am starting to get a bit concerned about our November car rental. We have a longer trip booked, the 13th-24th and the prices are all coming up between $500-$600. We do this trip annually, and while prices have creeped up over the years, we’ve always been below $300. I was able to get a decent price out of the car care center, but then we’d have to get there.

is anyone else seeing crazy high prices? It seems to be specific to our dates, because I have looked at different weeks and the prices are much more reasonable.
I'm 14-23 and yes, Alamo rates (the only one I use) have been very high while others seem to have gotten a bit of a break other weeks. A few weeks ago a STD SUV saw a bit of a dip to $405, but has since bounced way back up. I will usually get in the mid 200s for an SUV regardless of season. Perhaps because the weekend before Thanksgiving is now being considered Thanksgiving week. There's still some time, so checking daily.

Our dates are 2nd-8th and they also seem high. Fingers crossed they will go lower as time gets closer.

dznyacct, was that the pick up truck? I don’t feel comfortable renting a pick up truck with the luggage in the back, etc in case it rains.

Yes, it's a truck. There are only three of us and we will be using Magical Express, so that's not a problem for us.

dznyacct, was that the pick up truck? I don’t feel comfortable renting a pick up truck with the luggage in the back, etc in case it rains.

We used a truck once and will not do it again. We had to put our luggage in the back seat and it was a pain because we had to squeeze groceries in too. There is no cover for the truck bed.

My husband and I are visiting from 11/23 through 12/7. I wasn't finding anything at MCO under $500-$600 or more. I accidentally selected Orlando rather than MCO during a Priceline search. I found a mid-size SUV from Hertz for $331 including all taxes and fees. We'll take rideshare from the airport to the pickup location. I'm so happy to pay only $165 a week for our two-week rental!

My husband and I are visiting from 11/23 through 12/7. I wasn't finding anything at MCO under $500-$600 or more. I accidentally selected Orlando rather than MCO during a Priceline search. I found a mid-size SUV from Hertz for $331 including all taxes and fees. We'll take rideshare from the airport to the pickup location. I'm so happy to pay only $165 a week for our two-week rental!
Wow!

Alamo is crazy this week. I was hoping to see my price of $282 for a STD SUV start dropping. It is up to $387 this week. People on the October rental board have got STD SUV's for as low as $225.

Alamo is crazy this week. I was hoping to see my price of $282 for a STD SUV start dropping. It is up to $387 this week. People on the October rental board have got STD SUV's for as low as $225.

I know, same for National too. I’m convinced that when a hurricane is named, the prices go up. I’m sitting at $290 for a mid suv

These prices are crazy. They are up $100 more than when I booked.

WE've been using Sixt for the past several years. The 2 drawbacks are the need to shuttle out of MCO to pick up the car* and that their prices have climbed the last 2 years but are still much cheaper than premium SUVs from other rentals.

Just looked at Nov 14-20 at MCO
Chevrolet Suburban
or similar | SUV
Total $381.66 Tax included

*Sixt shuttle very efficient, usually the entire process takes under an hour and I've often waited 40+ minutes at various MCO rental counters so it's not a big difference for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter