November 2019 car rental watch

We've been watching closely for Dec 10-15. Yesterday we found the cheapest so far at Sixt:

Mercedes-Benz GLS, BMW x7, or Cad Escalade | Premium SUV Total $357.46 Tax included

They always have your vehicle or better for the price. 2 yrs ago the Mercedes they gave us only had 7 miles on it, they had to remove all the interior protective plastic before handing over to us. We've always had solid experiences with Sixt.

The others are so expensive for larger vehicles, if we're gonna splurge then that same amount can get us a seriously premium car. My favorites are the BMWs! But Mercedes ain't too shabby ;)

Just got a great deal on our Alamo standard 3 week rental that I've been unable to get below $700 (and it's only getting higher!)
Try to book through GermanWho.com - it's a site for Germans traveling to USA but I didn't see any restrictions on booking the rental through them.
You do have to create an account but it's free to do so.
Log in, go to "URLAUB" then "MIETWAGEN", select "USA" then enter your rental details.
Click "English (UK)" and it will price it out in Euros.
I got our rental down to $575, so it saved us over $100.
You can choose to 'pay later' (my internet browser automatically translates the text).
It gives you a confirmation code for the rental that you can search for on Alamo's website to verify it was booked!

Just got a great deal on our Alamo standard 3 week rental that I've been unable to get below $700 (and it's only getting higher!)
Try to book through GermanWho.com - it's a site for Germans traveling to USA but I didn't see any restrictions on booking the rental through them.
Log in, go to "URLAUB" then "MIETWAGEN", select "USA" then enter your rental details.
You can choose to 'pay later' (my internet browser automatically translates the text).
It gives you a confirmation code for the rental that you can search for on Alamo's website to verify it was booked!
Pretty cool! Thanks. I priced the current Alamo rental Intermediate SUV that I had already reserved and it is $55 less. I also reserved a standard SUV but that is actually more than my current reservation.

Last edited:
I would be wary of booking on a non US site. Technically you are not eligible for the rate and may have issues when you try and pick up the vehicle. Selected country of residence will show in Alamo's system which will not match your license.

Have been checking my rates for my W&D race weekend trip. Crazy high right now so haven't booked anything. Dates as 10/31 - 11/4

Still looking. Cheapest I found today is for on on-site rental is Payless midsize for $188/week. Still too much for me. I might have to do Uber/Lyft/MDE for the first time ever.

Booked a standard with alamo using AP code and a coupon code that gave me $75 off (AD2865DAD). Total is $185.13. Still way more than I want to spend so I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Total is $185.13. Still way more than I want to spend so I'll keep looking.
And then factor in resort parking fees :( I've never tried using Uber exclusively for a trip.

Wonder if Uber's more convenient? I'm fantasizing about getting a 'door-to-door advantage" but not sure what the reality is.

Had to change my flights and couldn’t modify my rental, so starting all over again. Crazy as it sounds, it’s cheaper for me to rent from dolphin and drop off at mco. I have a free day to get from mco to dolphin and we’re staying at Bwv. Hopefully I decent rate comes out as we are 5 weeks away. Right now the price is $150 more than my original reservation for 1 day extra. I only use National and Alamo now and get my free day perks and executive status with national, so in general I pay a little more. Rates sure do seem stuck lately.

My Costco rates from MCO are down $80 over my 5 day rental for November today!

My Costco rates from MCO are down $80 over my 5 day rental for November today!

Dang, that's good. I have a 2-9 Nov trip and I think they dropped $10 for a 7 day period. Also switched from Alamo to Budget so not sure how I feel about that.

Still looking. Cheapest I found today is for on on-site rental is Payless midsize for $188/week. Still too much for me. I might have to do Uber/Lyft/MDE for the first time ever.

Booked a standard with alamo using AP code and a coupon code that gave me $75 off (AD2865DAD). Total is $185.13. Still way more than I want to spend so I'll keep looking.

Just booked with Dollar using points (that I didn't even know I had) for a free day. Full size 10/31-11/4. $180.10 . Still ridiculously expensive. 16 days to keep looking.

Just booked with Dollar using points (that I didn't even know I had) for a free day. Full size 10/31-11/4. $180.10 . Still ridiculously expensive. 16 days to keep looking.

My trip starts Friday and it doesn't look like I'm going to get anything cheaper. I have never spent this kind of money for a rental. I am seriously considering using Uber or Lyft for the first time. Believe it or not, I've never used DME and I think it's probably too late for that anyway.

My trip starts Friday and it doesn't look like I'm going to get anything cheaper. I have never spent this kind of money for a rental. I am seriously considering using Uber or Lyft for the first time. Believe it or not, I've never used DME and I think it's probably too late for that anyway.
I've never used DME either, hate being reliant on Disney transportation. But, I think you can used DME even if you haven't booked it. Got get your bags as normal, then take them to the busses. They'll scan your band to confirm you're a guest. Your bags will be loaded on the bus and you will get them when you get off at the resort (sometimes better than waiting all night for them).

I have an SUV for 9 days about $70 more then usual for 11/14-23. Disappointing, but like having a vehicle to do my own thing.

I've never used DME either, hate being reliant on Disney transportation. But, I think you can used DME even if you haven't booked it. Got get your bags as normal, then take them to the busses. They'll scan your band to confirm you're a guest. Your bags will be loaded on the bus and you will get them when you get off at the resort (sometimes better than waiting all night for them).

I have an SUV for 9 days about $70 more then usual for 11/14-23. Disappointing, but like having a vehicle to do my own thing.

Thanks. Now that I think of it, I did use DME one time in 2009 to get back to MCO when I dropped my son off for college program. lol. I feel the same way as you. Hate being dependent on Disney transportation. Hate the bus. I am staying at Pop so will be able to use the Skyliner. I probably should have rented a smaller car class, but I'm used to having my Altima when I rent. Dollar is very good at letting me pick whatever car I want when I go to pick up. I will probably just keep the car. It's only money, right?

Good to see some small movement on the earlier days in November. The DH requested I book some sort of placeholder this weekend haha

Today, went with Dollar (not my 1st choice but workable), starting Friday 11/29 for 8 days.

AAA rate, selected the manager’s special (compact or larger), all in $318 which equates to double what I’d normally expect to pay

Will keep checking all viable options. Do have autoslash set up which didn’t catch the above deal btw.

For Canadians booking with AVIS please use this AWD number
AWD#
C835975
It will shave off quite a lot of $$$ from the final price.

I stopped by to look for codes for my trip, so I have not read all of your posts. Have you looked into Avis? They have an Amazon deal where you get a 10% GC back after the rental. I checked the dates and pay now with tax is showing as $185.37. I have not used this code, but the offer is on their homepage, just scroll down.

Edited to add: if you are a costco member, I see Avis is $154 total full size, based on a 9am pickup and drop off. (so 5 days)

I stopped by to look for codes for my trip, so I have not read all of your posts. Have you looked into Avis? They have an Amazon deal where you get a 10% GC back after the rental. I checked the dates and pay now with tax is showing as $185.37. I have not used this code, but the offer is on their homepage, just scroll down.

Edited to add: if you are a costco member, I see Avis is $154 total full size, based on a 9am pickup and drop off. (so 5 days)

For my trip it's still more. My pick up is at 9 am, but my drop off is not until 2 pm so that adds an extra day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter