November 2019 Exercise Thread - A Disney Cornucopia

Loving everyone's thankfuls!

15 minutes of "intermittent running" for me. (I was playing tag with the kids and may have gotten frozen a couple of times. 😆 ) = 290/500.

Congrats to piglet1979 on reaching Flamingo Pink!!

And team totals are at 4,803 :cheer2:

For today's "Fashion Friday" ------- EARS!!

Here is my "ear wall" (It does contain Great Wolf Lodge as well as Disney.) -

My favorite are the Christmas ones, and my newest are the candy ones. (I got them off Etsy, and they haven't even been to Disney yet!) The second ones in the bottom row are also quite fun - they light up!

My only ears are the Disneyland 50th anniversary gold ear hat, with my name on the back. Last month, though, I posted a picture of my DH's new ears - the Tiki hat. He wore those ears all over WDW (the Batuaans in Black Spire Outpost particularly commented on them!) and for Halloween.

So many fun ‘thankful’ posts from all of you!!
Re: height - I’m the puny one in our family - we range from 5’4 (me) to 6’6 (my son). Years ago, a friend said we looked like a skyline when we stood up in church 😂
PollyannaMom, love the ear wall! Such a great idea!
My Disney object would be the glass hurricane candle holder that I keep my magic bands in. It’s pretty full! And at Christmas, I take them out and make little chains to put on the tree. Always a smile!
Wednesday was a special day for us - my daughter’s birthday! (How did she get to this number??!!). We celebrated with lunch at the castle. Clearly we had some pixie dust sprinkled on us - we were seated right at the window overlooking the carousel! Perfect! We had a delicious meal and great photos with the princesses. A magical time! We didn’t go on any rides but took in a show at the castle, and listened to the barbershop quartet on Main Street. After a little stop back at the room ( okay, a little nap), off to Hollywood Studios for the holiday show. They do a projection show on Tower of Terror that was really fun. And Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam was terrific, in spite of the silly name!
We walked around in Galaxy’s Edge and were totally blown away! The Millennium Falcon was amazing to see. The roving Stormtroopers are fun to interact with. We must have passed the same guy a couple of times because he kept teasing us. But the narrow walkways won’t be fun when it’s crowded.
It was back to Epcot yesterday to get to the last countries on our list. Sushi in Japan, tuna in Hawai’i, raclette in The Alps, pomegranate beer in Germany, and a pear cider in England as we watched Epcot Forever. That’s quite a combination of flavors ☺️☺️. But all were delicious!
Our ‘eviction notice’ was on the door yesterday, so it’s time to get ready to pack. The flight is kind of late so I have a feeling we just might go to Epcot for ’seconds’ before we go!
200 minutes over Wednesday and Thursday
700/1000

35 minute walk so far today

1350/1800

I love the ear wall! I've seen those Etsy ears before. Probably even had them in my cart before our mother daughter holiday trip last year. Here are mine:

My favorite is the UP ears, but I really enjoy them all. The black and red pair was my first set of ears.

BonnieF, I love the way you display your magic bands, and I might steal that idea. I have ours hanging in a chain in the closet, and then I bring them out at Christmas and put the chain on the tree. I really like your idea because then you can see them all year. My ears are also in the closet unless we're at Disney because I don't have wall space to display them. Maybe that's what I can do with the bonus room attached to DD's room once she has fledged - turn it into a Disney room. Or a library with Disney touches. I've always wanted a library.

So, DD and I saw Frozen 2 last night. We loved it, but not as much as the original. It definitely seemed to be written more for the original audience that has now aged 6 years rather than for tiny princess-loving girls. It's quite a bit darker than the first movie, but it's well-done. There were several very young kids in our audience last night, and some of them were a bit concerned in spots. However, Olaf provides some lighter moods and that seemed to help the younger ones. The music isn't stuck in my head yet (unlike the last movie), but we will probably get the soundtrack so give me time! Lol! If you go see it, stick around past the credits because there's a bonus scene. We are planning to go see the movie at least one more time before it leaves the theatre. I think we saw Frozen about 16 times when it was in theatres, and we think 2, maybe 3, will be enough this time around. Frozen 2 did make me grow in affection for Anna. She might have moved into most favorite Disney princess slot for me.

Last edited:

@Twilight Sparkle, I love your ears!! Thanks for sharing a pic. My favorites are the center pair and the snowflakes!

Maybe that's what I can do with the bonus room attached to DD's room once she has fledged - turn it into a Disney room. Or a library with Disney touches. I've always wanted a library.

You have to do this!!!
If you go see it, stick around past the credits because there's a bonus scene.

Thanks for the tip!

Good morning, and congrats to Twilight Sparkle on turning flamingo pink! :Pinkbounc

Team total is currently 5,062 minutes and 65% :cheer2:

For today's brain workout, name the Disney characters from just their eyes:

QUIZ ....(10 questions, multiple choice)

I got 8/10.

Last edited:
Didn’t do too well on the eyes quiz! I’ll have to watch more closely!
So, another wonderful Food and Wine trip is done. My feet will need a few days to recover. We had a late flight ( which was delayed so it became an even later flight, ugh!) so we spent a few hours making one last round. Once we got to Epcot and had a delicious Tropical Mimosa to start the day, a real, sit-down lunch seemed like a good idea. We were able to walk right in to Chef de France. A lovely charcuterie plate and a salad were delicious. After that, a little shopping with a Grand Marnier slush for company was in order. Festival merchandise was marked down and you could use AP and DVC discounts on top of that. Got a couple of cute things - a wine glass and a shirt with the flip sequins, so cute!
A limoncello margarita for the road, and we were off to the airport. An Uber took only 30 minutes! I arrived home just about midnight. A long day so a good night’s sleep!!!
It was a really wonderful trip!
60 minutes for the parks and 20 in the airports
(780/1000)

Last edited:
Good Morning, Happy Sunday, and Congrats to BonnieF on Turning Flamingo Pink!!! :Pinkbounc

35 new minutes for me (325/500)

and the team total is currently 5,237 minutes (67%). Only 613 minutes to team pink!

For today's brain workout, try to put the openings of these Disney parks in chronological order:

Animal Kingdom
Blizzard Beach
California Adventure
Disneyland
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom
Typhoon Lagoon

(Where names have been changed, the current name is listed, but please go by the original opening date.)

DisneylandSunday, July 17, 1955
Magic KingdomFriday, October 01, 1971
EpcotFriday, October 01, 1982
Hollywood StudiosMonday, May 01, 1989
Typhoon LagoonThursday, June 01, 1989
Blizzard BeachSaturday, April 01, 1995
Animal KingdomWednesday, April 22, 1998
California AdventureThursday, February 08, 2001

25-minute walk in a snowstorm! We may get something like 12 inches by tomorrow evening.

1075/1400

I like Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas and Reflection from Mulan. My DH's favorite movie songs are Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie and Beauty & the Beast.

My DH's favorite movie songs are Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie

I love Rainbow Connection!

My other favorites are Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah, Candle on the Water (from Pete's Dragon) and pretty much everything from The Lion King!

I have no actual workout to report for yesterday, as I had an unexpected day off work and got involved cleaning out a storage area with DH. - But I did go up and down stairs a lot!

Team total is 5,372 minutes, and we're at 69% :cheer2:

For today's "Tuesday Tip" - Did you know you can go horseback riding at Walt Disney World? Fort Wilderness Resort has an entire ranch, with all sort of activities! -

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/recreation/

Oh it has been a month - just got back from a long weekend at WDW which happened to fall right over the hardest/worst part of the Adv. Algebra course I teach, so prepping to miss a day of that/squeezing in as much as I can before I went basically took up every free moment I had. But I did manage to fit in some walking and exercise when I could - just haven't had a chance until now to add it here.

Week of 11/10-11/16: 95 minutes
Week of 11/17-11/23: 88 minutes
Week of 11/23-Today: 55 minutes

432/500

45 minutes
350/500

I'm not sure i'm going to make my goal this month. We are going to New Jersey today for thanksgiving. I'm not sure what type of exercise I will be able to get. I was hoping to get a run in today before we leave, but my hair cut appointment was just pushed up an hour ( which is actually better since I was cutting it close to when we have to leave for the airport)

I don’t know if I can pick one favorite song!! I’m a Legacy Princess girl, so, Someday My Prince Will Come, A Dream Is a Wish, Baby Mine. But I love the new anthems - How Far I’ll Go and course, Let It Go.
@ljcrochet - safe travels! The weather forecast for NJ isn’t great, but you should be able to get a in quick walk !
@softball chick - Adv Alg sounds like quite a challenge!
I needed a couple of data to recuperate from our trip. My legs were awfully sore. So only 30 minutes to add.
(810/1000)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!