Okay honest opinions! How nuts will MK be on Thanksgiving? I saw it seems to be the suggested park that day which surprised me. We are coming in on our off year for a Universal trip but kicking around the idea of sneaking in an MK day totally last minute. I’m probably crazy! We usually come in the day before Thanksgiving but do other things until about Sunday then start our week of Disney parks so I’ve never attempted it on Thanksgiving! What level of nuttiness is it? Or is it really not so bad? This is a quick trip this time so I could only do MK Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Other days are already planned.

I think the general consensus is that it's fine if you RD and leave by afternoon. I've only ever done Epcot on Thanksgiving, so I can't speak from personal experience and I don't go by recommended parks.

Yipeee I was able to cancel the pricey airport hotel in town and we will stay at my cousin's house the night before our flight. We can leave our car there and take a Lyft to the airport. Saves us a decent chunk of money!

Okay honest opinions! How nuts will MK be on Thanksgiving? I saw it seems to be the suggested park that day which surprised me. We are coming in on our off year for a Universal trip but kicking around the idea of sneaking in an MK day totally last minute. I’m probably crazy! We usually come in the day before Thanksgiving but do other things until about Sunday then start our week of Disney parks so I’ve never attempted it on Thanksgiving! What level of nuttiness is it? Or is it really not so bad? This is a quick trip this time so I could only do MK Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Other days are already planned.

We have spent the past 4 Thanksgiving days at MK
Like @SaintsManiac said RD and we usually head out after lunch.

I saw it seems to be the suggested park that day which surprised me.
I saw that and was very surprised. We were planning all along to go to MK on Thanksgiving Day but knowing we may not get much done. So I guess we shall see.

I saw that and was very surprised. We were planning all along to go to MK on Thanksgiving Day but knowing we may not get much done. So I guess we shall see.

My Disney planner friend says that too, which I found baffling. Maybe so many people have been told to avoid it that now it's manageable? We'll be at EPCOT because we want to eat breakfast at Garden Grill.

Last edited:

My Disney planner friends says that too, which I found baffling. Maybe so many people have been told to avoid it that now it's manageable? We'll be at EPCOT because we want to eat breakfast at Garden Grill.

My guess on the MK thing is that it's because that park has the most hours that day.

Is the day after Thanksgiving incredibly busy? I'm going to Epcot that day and want to prepare as much as I can in advance.

My Disney planner friend says that too, which I found baffling. Maybe so many people have been told to avoid it that now it's manageable? We'll be at EPCOT because we want to eat breakfast at Garden Grill.

We're at EPCOT for breakfast at Garden Grill too! Figured Epcot had the most food etc to handle our marching band group.

And as of today I can start... one week from today I'll be at the airport with 100 of my students/families boarding our flight! Bring it on!

We got back this week and we had an awesome trip! Mostly perfect weather... just one night of heavy rain, but 80’s and sunny the rest of the time. We only put sweatshirts on a couple of times in the evenings. I’m back into the crazy at work but as soon as I dig myself out, I’ll spend some time editing and organizing my pics and then I’ll do a trip report. We had some fabulous food and drinks, and I know everyone loves food and drink pics!

We’re on our way!!! We’re almost to the Amtrak AutoTrain station in Lorton, VA. We’ll check in and pick our dining time, but will wait to check our car. Instead, we’ll head to a nearby restaurant for lunch and then get our car checked in by the 2:30 deadline. Our train departs for Sanford, FL at 4:00 pm. We’re all hoping for and looking forward to a quiet, cozy ride south with tablets full of shows/movies, wine for the two adults and a good night’s sleep.

Any other November peeps planning to wear any Disney Christmas clothes during your trip? I’m packing now and debated it being too “early” and then I thought hey, if Disney has their decor up and Christmas parties I can do it, too! Right!? :)
Ummm, yes!!!! :santa:
We are doing MVMCP and JBJB dessert party, so definitely those nights. I have wreath light up ears too!
I have regular Disney clothes planned for daytime and other nights tho. :)

Any other November peeps planning to wear any Disney Christmas clothes during your trip? I’m packing now and debated it being too “early” and then I thought hey, if Disney has their decor up and Christmas parties I can do it, too! Right!? :)

Yes! I have a Star Wars ugly sweater tee shirt that I plan to wear to the JBJB dessert party. :)

My husband has a Grinch shirt for Universal and he picked up a Christmas Buc-ee shirt for my daughter while on a business trip to Dallas.

Oh yes Christmas ears, Xmas lights necklace and shirt lol
I wore them last year and saw many many others doing the same.

Ummm, yes!!!! :santa:
We are doing MVMCP and JBJB dessert party, so definitely those nights. I have wreath light up ears too!
I have regular Disney clothes planned for daytime and other nights tho. :)
Yes! I have a Star Wars ugly sweater tee shirt that I plan to wear to the JBJB dessert party. :)

My husband has a Grinch shirt for Universal and he picked up a Christmas Buc-ee shirt for my daughter while on a business trip to Dallas.
Oh yes Christmas ears, Xmas lights necklace and shirt lol
I wore them last year and saw many many others doing the same.

Yay! Ok, thanks! We aren’t doing MVMCP or any dessert parties since we’ll have a 2 year old who can’t be up that late so I wasn’t sure about normal daytime wear, but figured if the parks are decorated I should fit right in with the decor at least! Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter