November 2020

I hope everyone had wonderful and magical trips! I am so glad we decided to go. It was stressful at times and I wish I could have relaxed a little more but all in all, it went well.
The first day started off rough, once we landed I received a text that both my parents tested positive. This led to a lot of worry and I felt guilty being so far away but luckily my brother was able to help them with groceries and gave me honest updates (they have been doing well!)
On the 23rd, we went to Disney Springs. This was my first time around crowds with the exception of a day at Cedar Point this past July or August so it took a while to get used to. My friend and her daughter that lives down near WDW met us which really helped and we had fun shopping. We had dinner at Homecoming for the first time and are hooked!
The 24th we went to MK. I was surprised at the crowds but we made it work. Getting the bus at Pop didn't take too long despite the long, distanced line. We arrived about 8:30 and they said the line for 7DMT was already over an hour so we headed to PP and walked on. Made it HM just as they were opening and were one of the first ones on. Next was Pirates then breakfast time. Starbucks for girls and Gaston's for the guys so DH was happy. The rest of the day went well. The 2 longest waits were JC at 50 minutes and then Space at about 40-45. We had lunch at Pecos Bills which was really good and dinner at Be Our Guest. We walked out in time to see the space shuttle lift off! What surprised me was walking out 30 minutes after close and it still be super crowded with lines for the stores on Main Street!
The 25th was Animal Kingdom. We arrived early again and went to FOP. I don't remember how long but it wasn't bad at all. We went on Navi right after. We only stayed to lunch as we felt there just wasn't much to do here. We did the safari and then my in-laws took DS to Rafiki's while DH and I took DD on Everest. We ate at Harambi's Market then went back to the swim before returning for dinner at Rainforest. After dinner the kids and I jumped on FOP one more time. They said 120 minutes but we were off in just over an hour.
Thanksgiving we went to HS. Loved the skyliner! Best part was getting group 17 for ROTR! (DD's lucky number she always says - her birthdate). Arrived early enough to have minimal wait on slinky then walked onto TSMM. Our group was then called at 10:30! This ride was amazing!!!! We did everything in the park we wanted to (accept RRC which was down), had lunch at Pizza Rizzo's and then dinner after close at 50's PT. Just before dinner, had a bit of a panic when DS couldn't find his phone - DH and I each thought the other had it. Thankfully we have the find a phone and DD pulled it up right away and saw it was at guest services. It was found in the Frozen theater which we were at about an hour before. So Thankful!!!! Dinner at 50's was a blast. I had the traditional thanksgiving dinner and our waiter, Cousin Mark, was so much fun.
Friday was EPCOT and we had breakfast at POP then dinner at Rose and Crown. With talking found out our waitresses' sister in law owns a restaurant about 20-25 minutes from where we live! We didn't see any characters, with the exception of Joy running around playing, because we didn't go to WS until the evening, which was fine. The kids loved doing the Olaf scavenger hunt.
Saturday we went to SeaWorld. While it was fun, I could tell we weren't in the "Disney bubble" and I felt uncomfortable because people could take masks of for pictures and walk with eating and drinking. We went to the Orca show and it seemed everyone around us happened to be eating or drinking. However, it is beautiful at Christmas and we did a behind the scenes shark tour and got to pet a small shark which the kids loved.
Sunday was back at MK and the perfect day! We arrived at 8:05 on the bus so went straight to 7DMT then to BTMRR and Splash! We saw almost all of the calvacades (only missed the Goofy one I think it is as we saw from far). To end the evening, we jumped in line for the Carousel. Ariel happened to be outside of Princess Fairytale Hall so DD went over and talked with her real quick. We asked if we could have the row with Cinderella's horse as DD always tries to ride it, and we were granted it! At night with the lights it was beautiful and my favorite time to ride. After, we figured we had time for IASW but stopped to talk to some CM's as DD was having trouble with one last badge on the Play Disney app. We were told it wasn't working and then the one appeared to be a manager and he then said well since you can't finish that, what ride would you like to go on? The kids said 7DMT and he gave us instant fastpasses! At first we were told at the ride that multiple experience fastpasses don't work there but I explained that it was put in specifically for that ride and she had a scan and it worked and we were in! Kids were happy to ride 1 more time and in the dark! We then had enough time for IASW before dinner at CRT so it worked perfect! Our table at CRT was off to the side but we were told it was the perfect table. Found out because when Cinderella comes around we were about as close as you can get to her and we were able to talk with her and DD got a selfie with her in the background! Amazing way to end the trip!!

Final thoughts (sorry so long!) A lot more crowded then expected! mask compliance was pretty good. There's constantly announcements about not eating in line - well I can't tell you how many times we saw this happy. In line for Smuggler's and the family behind us had masks off and eating lunch and no one said anything (which I guess is because it was the outside line part?) but yet we couldn't even carry our water bottle into the inside part and had to put it away. Families eating ice cream in lines a lot too and taking masks off for pictures (which I understand hard to police everywhere by CM's but it's hard when people think they are above the rules and surprisingly for being at EPCOT on a Friday night that one seemed to have the best compliance!). This goes with following the spacing markers too. We were careful to watch where we were standing but others not so much.
We had memory maker (I wanted to remember the trip in masks!) but didn't get nearly as many pictures but the ones we did, I think all but 1 photographer we encountered we fun and gave us so many poses. The only ones that truly cracked me up were the times they told DH and I to kiss - I couldn't handle it with the masks and cracked up every time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!