November 2020

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
We always travel to Disneyland and WDW during September, but I'll be honest, I'm beginning to get tired of the Halloween decor. I really want to see Christmas decorations.
We just got back from a massive WDW trip that we went on in September but are planning a Disneyland trip for November 2020.
This will be a "budget" trip, trying to convince Hubby that it can be done cheaply (no fancy hotels this time, just very basic)
2 Adults and 2 kids who will be 4 and our LO will be 2 on Nov 2nd.
Ideally we are looking to go to San Diego first for 10 nights then Anaheim for 7 nights, 5 day DL one park per day tickets and 1 day at Knott's.

When do you think is the best dates to be looking for in Nov 2020? We would love to miss the holidays if at all possible and I know there are two in November for you guys. I don't mind being in San Diego for a holiday. Early Nov is better for us than later as work means we can't get time off as it gets closer to Christmas.

The two holidays in November are Veteran's Day (11/11) and Thanksgiving (11/26). Early Nov. will be tricky because if you really want to see Holiday Time at DLR, then you should aim to visit after the 13th. (This year, Holiday Time began on 11/08, the second Friday of the month.) I wouldn't aim for the first weekend of Holiday Time because that tends to be very busy with local passholders rushing to see all the decorations and rides with overlays. But after that, I would check the AP Blockout Calendar for dates with the most passes blocked (Deluxe and lower).
Here are a few threads with good information for you:
2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20! -- this year's superthread will give you an idea of dates, what was offered and when, crowds, etc.
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/ -- lots of good information here
Best hotel across the street from Disneyland?
Cost-efficient hotels
Need help finding a hotel close to parks for 1 night next Sat. 11/9?

We (husband, myself, my mum and my 6yo sister) were in DL November 12 & 13 2019 (tue & wed) we found midweek to be so quiet, even the day after the holiday. They were also doing holiday filming the day we were in DL.
We utilised FPs but not MaxPass, with low crowds it felt unnecessary to pay the extra (my husband was our designated FP runner for our group) The only things we queued more than 10/15 minutes for was Peter Pan & dumbo. We rode almost everything in both parks across 2 days. A lot of rides were walk on.

We will going Nov. 15-20, with Monday through Thursday in the parks. With a little luck, we'll hit the quiet time between Veterans Day and Thanksgiving.

We always travel to Disneyland and WDW during September, but I'll be honest, I'm beginning to get tired of the Halloween decor. I really want to see Christmas decorations.
We just got back from a massive WDW trip that we went on in September but are planning a Disneyland trip for November 2020.
This will be a "budget" trip, trying to convince Hubby that it can be done cheaply (no fancy hotels this time, just very basic)
2 Adults and 2 kids who will be 4 and our LO will be 2 on Nov 2nd.
Ideally we are looking to go to San Diego first for 10 nights then Anaheim for 7 nights, 5 day DL one park per day tickets and 1 day at Knott's.

When do you think is the best dates to be looking for in Nov 2020? We would love to miss the holidays if at all possible and I know there are two in November for you guys. I don't mind being in San Diego for a holiday. Early Nov is better for us than later as work means we can't get time off as it gets closer to Christmas.

The first official day of Disneyland Christmas is Friday Nov 6th. Based on it being the first Friday last year.

The first official day of Disneyland Christmas is Friday Nov 6th. Based on it being the first Friday last year.

My money is on November 13. Friday November 6 seems too short a transition time for the take-down of Halloween and set-up of Christmas even with the overlap they already do. November 6 and November 13 were Fridays in 2015, and the holidays started on November 13. Also, they like to extend the holidays at the resort to at least Three Kings Day nowadays, and that is January 6, so they will still have a plenty long holiday season even with a November 13 start.

My money is on November 13. Friday November 6 seems too short a transition time for the take-down of Halloween and set-up of Christmas even with the overlap they already do. November 6 and November 13 were Fridays in 2015, and the holidays started on November 13. Also, they like to extend the holidays at the resort to at least Three Kings Day nowadays, and that is January 6, so they will still have a plenty long holiday season even with a November 13 start.
Thanks for this, I'm thinking this could be right. So will plan my Disneyland dates according to this.
So, there have been a few family developments since my OP. My Husband and I have temporarily separated we aren't getting along very well due to some mental health issues on his part. He is taking some time away from us to get those sorted.
We are still talking about our trip to Disneyland though, so that is a good sign.
Do you think that late May is too late to start booking everything? I don't want to miss out on good hotels? Maybe I could book a room that can be cancelled if need be? I'm not sure. If everything goes to plan May would be when we would book flights and accommodation. Flights are no worries, as that is typically the time frame we would book them anyway, I'm just not sure about how quickly accommodation fills up in Anaheim in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter