December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

I’m looking forward to our upcoming trip next month but I’m also thinking this will likely be our last visit to WDW for many years. The current process of jumping through too many planning hoops too far in advance and feeling like we need to pay extra for the chance to ride headliners- it just doesn’t work for me.

We’re planning a trip with my DD16 and some of her friends for spring break next year and it’s going to be Universal and then the beach.

Same for me, as DD turns 9 soon. But then, I've said this before, and every year I get the bug.....

Yep, Universal is in the near future. None of us have been there, bonus.

We stopped going to WDW when my oldest was 8 - she was a huge Harry Potter fan, and roller coaster junkie, and Universal just made more sense to us. We loved it so much we ended up getting annual passes, even though we lived ~1000 miles away (Universal has sweet AP renewal deals, btw). You can get some great AP rates at the really nice quality on-site hotels, and the included Express Passes make everything a breeze, plus you don't need reservations for any of the dining almost all of the time. There's basically no planning at all, other than what time to get up in the morning!

That said, other than the HP lands, Universal is not nearly as immersive as Disney, and we do miss that. Over the last few years, we've been able to go to DL and HKD (both of which don't require a lot of advance planning either, imho), and that has led us to come back to WDW next month for a joint trip with my sister and her family. Fortunately, she is up to date with all things WDW, and has helped with the planning process. We've probably hit a point where Universal is our regular trip, and WDW will happen when the stars align. Disney is more 'magical,' but UO is easier for a last minute adventure.

100% agree. We had AP’s for Universal one year and we live in Boston. Great room discounts for AP holders same as FL resident discount.

I'm kind of hoping now that the 5th stays at a 9am opening. It would mean I don't have to be up quite as early, and I'll be able to do something the night before. The only advantage would be if they give us emh instead of just extending hours. I'd be down with that.

Cannot believe the hours haven't been updated today. We travel in just a couple of weeks, and although we have our plans made it will be panic if the hours are changed at the last minute. Surely the big bosses know by now if the hours will be changed???

Is there a place that this will be announced, or do we just keep refreshing the disney website's calendar?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter