November W.I.S.H. Challenge - Here come the Holidays

This sounds awesome. I might need to try this.

Yesterday I was thankful for a few things. 1. my bed. I was home sick yesterday and it was nice to just lay in bed and rest. 2. My leggings and over sized sweatshirt to lounge around the house. 3. For a great doctor and meds.

So for about a week and a half the back of my head on the left side has been hurting. Advil was helping so I just thought I slept funny or something. Well by mid Wednesday I couldn't move my head without being in a ton of pain plus the front of my head was hurting too. A heating pad and my migraine pills did not touch it. So I went into the doctor yesterday to see what was going on. I have an ear infection and possible migraine at the same time. My ear does not hurt except for when she put the thing in my ear to check it. I never would have thought that I had an ear infection. She thinks it is from the cold I had at the beginning of October and that I have had this for a week and a half now. I am on an antibiotic and a steroid. I am feeling better and can at least move my head more today but the meds are making me sick to my stomach. So this weekend I am just going to rest and hop my body gets used to the meds and I start to feel better.
Hope you get plenty of rest over the weekend and start feeling better!

Last edited:
What piece of clothing or furniture are you thankful for?

I'll answer clothing on this one. I have a favorite sweater that was made for me by an aunt of mine. She lives far away, and I often wear it on holidays, so a little piece of her is there.

As for Friday - I'm just glad it is Friday. I've had a stressful couple of days, and I could really use a nice long weekend!

You all have such great answers and lots to be thankful for.

@softball chick I agree, a sleep deprived teacher is never a good thing! And what a great experience you've had with the Disney college program. I wish I had known about it when I was in college.

@sjrec I love your fireplace. Yes! That counts as furniture. Our house doesn't have one and, having grown up with a fireplace, I miss it so much!

@Oneanne I also love that color! And so nice to have room for you and the cats ;) I'm in the market for a puffy coat for recess duty. Any suggestions?
I can't think of a specific brand to recommend but will say invest in a good quality one, so that it stays puffy for a long time.

Lots of rest thins weekend. I am feeling a bit better but the meds are still messing with my stomach and my neck/head pain hasn't gone completely away. As the day goes on I tend to feel better. It seems to be the more eat the better I feel. I just feel so sick in the morning and do not want to eat anything so it takes awhile. About 5 more days to go on the meds.

All in all kind of an odd weekend, I'd say I was kind of 'out of pocket' the entire time... like floating just above and off center of where I really wanted to be.

One of my intentions for the weekend was to fire up a dye pot: I found my books Friday night and started reading, making list of things I needed to get. Then Saturday morning I made my first shopping foray and then every time I thought I was ready I'd read more in the book and realize I was still missing something. The big thing I didn't have was the right mordant for cotton and linen so I ended up ordering more, then last night I realized I did have the right stuff... it was in a jar not a packet so I didn't see it... even though it was sitting on the coffee table with everything else I'd gathered up! Argggg...

So my motivation for this week is to settle down, get my feet back on the ground and re-center myself.

What is your motivation this week?

Last edited:
What is your motivation this week?

My motivation for this week is just to be better. I would like to get a workout or two in this week but I really don't want to push it too much. If I do it will be just a nice slow walk on the treadmill.

There is a good chance that everything will close around here tomorrow. If it does it will a nice day to just lay around the house and get some more work done from home. I can't find a straight answer on how much snow we will get but it looks like up to 6 inches by the time the snow is done in my area and about 12+ on the each side. We will see. I am not sure I am ready for the snow yet or the cold. They are saying one day this week we will have record braking cold. The coldest it has been on that day since 1986 I think.

My motivation for this week is just to be better. I would like to get a workout or two in this week but I really don't want to push it too much. If I do it will be just a nice slow walk on the treadmill.

There is a good chance that everything will close around here tomorrow. If it does it will a nice day to just lay around the house and get some more work done from home. I can't find a straight answer on how much snow we will get but it looks like up to 6 inches by the time the snow is done in my area and about 12+ on the each side. We will see. I am not sure I am ready for the snow yet or the cold. They are saying one day this week we will have record braking cold. The coldest it has been on that day since 1986 I think.
Oh no! Hope winter is just coming early for y'all, and not that it'll be this way 'till next July!

Spent most of the day raking and hauling leaves to the curb-it was a beautiful day to be out.

I can’t believe Thanksgiving is two weeks from Thursday! So I am trying to be very mindful of what I am eating-so many temptations out there (pumpkin everything). I have my eye on a pair of flocked velvet pants from Chico’s for the holidays that are motivating me to say no to too much comfort food!

This weekend I took the kids to the mall along with my sister's family to work on Christmas lists. My daughter mostly wants clothes, so I like to have her try stuff on to get sizing before adding it to her list. That was all of Saturday and part of Sunday as well also went to the outlets and an outdoor shopping center in order to get to certain stores. My son is a mix of clothes and sporting equipment. I also started looking at coats. I looked at LLBean and North Face. Both had very nice coats, but so costly. I also checked out Land's End last night. Online I saw a long coat that looked nice and warm for recess! The problem is I'm a very indecisive person. So I'm hoping between my parents and my husband, they can find a great deal on one on Black Friday or Cyber Monday for me for Christmas. Although it sounds like I might need it before then. 🥶

My motivation this week is to get my weight back down to where it was before my birthday. I started snacking around my birthday (beginning of Oct) and then Halloween candy came into play. Last night was my daughters field hockey banquet, where I was announced as the new president of the booster club. This was a much bigger deal than the other sports banquets I've been to. So I did some extra stress eating there last night too. So I'd like to get my weight back down by Thanksgiving. It's about 7 pounds, which isn't a huge deal. But I need to have a very concrete goal and deadline for myself. It's just how I work. So 7 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Oh no! Hope winter is just coming early for y'all, and not that it'll be this way 'till next July!

I hope so too. The never ending winter last year was enough. We didn't get as much snow as I think they thought. Roads were good this morning and no school closings. Still really cold and snowing thought out today. We can still get up to about 6 inches of snow today and overnight. It is all lake affect now and you just never know what that will bring and to what area.

And then there is right now. I just looked out the window at work and the sun is shining and no snow.

TOPIC TUESDAY:

Mercury is retrograde up until November 20, so most of the month. For anyone not familiar, periodically there's an illusion that Mercury is traveling backwards, caused by our view of it's circular path around the Sun. General belief is that during a retrograde you should not start things like new projects, sign new contracts, make major purchases, because these things will have to be done again when Mercury's path changes back to direct. The power of the retrograde is that it creates a time to reflect, readdress, reassess, revisit, redo and redesign.

How will you use the power of the Mercury retrograde and apply it to your healthy living goals?

My sun-sign is Gemini which is ruled by Mercury, but I usually weather Mercury retrogrades pretty well, I think because I'm aware and can detach and observe. But this one has got me spinning and was partly to blame for the befuddlement over the weekend, and communication at work has been a big challenge.

In my effort to settle down and re-center myself, I'm going to use the retrograde power to restart my health program and reassess what I hope to gain by making the right choices - every day.

Well, this explains a lot! We’re looking at new paint colors for the beach and I have been so indecisive-

As far as my health goals, I will keep doing what works and just be mindful of my choices. And if I slip up, refocus and get back on track.

The past couple of weeks have been up and down with Mike. I had thought chicken was causing his itchiness, then when I got back from LA I felt like eliminating it really wasn't making a difference, so I gave him some and then he got really bad, so I went right back to the non-chicken food and he's gotten progressively better each day. This morning he was running around having a little chase game with sister - pretty good for a 20 year old - and then when he lay down he was relaxed and stretched out in a way that made it obvious he was feeling very comfortable. So, woohoo for my little man.

Last edited:
I forgot it was Wednesday. Not much woohoo here. Work is caught up and and I am doing ok. I am not as sick to my stomach but my neck pain is back. I have a call into the doctor to if I should be worried since I have been on meds for almost 7 days.

I am going to say a big woohoo is that this year I have only received 1 call from the school nurse about my daughter being in the nurses office. This is a big deal. Yesterday was the first call all year. Normally in the past I have had several a week. So a big Woohoo that counseling is working. Down side is her councilor will be out for a bit. We just found out that she has breast cancer. We do have a back up but she thinks DD will be fine. Right now DD is doing great and has just normal 7th grade drama type stuff and she is handling it pretty good.

Took three boxes of stuff and a bag to Goodwill today! Finished Christmas shopping for my grandson and will get it wrapped and put away tomorrow. I love buying the building things he loves. And if you have a Dollar Store near you, they have the cutest Christmas wrapping paper-vintage look Disney and Peanuts characters.
Got out for a walk today-cold but sunny, so it was really nice to be outside. Our leaves are piled by the curb and I love watching the neighborhood kids get off the bus and flop themselves into the piles!
Glad everyone seems to be having a good day as well!

Never thought about the Mercury retrograde thing, but it could explain a lot in my world right now!

My woohoo is that I'm feeling better after a rough weekend health-wise.

And if you have a Dollar Store near you, they have the cutest Christmas wrapping paper-vintage look Disney and Peanuts characters.

Ooooh, thanks for the tip!

Our leaves are piled by the curb and I love watching the neighborhood kids get off the bus and flop themselves into the piles!

So cute! I have fond memories of leaf-jumping time when DS and the neighborhood kids were little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!