Now only one Express pass for Annual Passholders!

Quentin Disney

Minnie > Everything.
As a Annual Passholder at UO, this has got to be one of the most stupidest moves they have ever done! Starting July 31st, AP's will only be only able to have one express pass at a time instead of three. Apparently, according to the article, Universal considers it an "improvement". GIVE ME A BREAK

Just another way of screwing us loyal customers. Express is flawed anyway.

Guess who won't be renewing his AP this winter...

Sounds pretty fair to me. Why should someone who has access to the park all year have greater access to the attractions than someone who only has a day to see the park?

btw: I am a passholder too and have no problem with this change.

I read about that on the Sentinel's site, and I agree it's fair, just like limiting FOTL for the resort guests as well. I've never even had to use the express system yet and until today didn't even know AP holders could get more than 1 at a time, so the change doesn't affect me the least bit.

I have an Annual Pass and it does not really bother me either, I agree why should someone who has access year round get more than someone who can only go one or two days a year. I usually go in the morning or evening and the lines do not seem that long or I just use the singles line.

i am an annual pass holder and i have never used the express pass, it always seemed like a waste of time to me. all those people lining up to get the pass and then going to buy something while the alloted time elapsed, and then standing in the exprees line. I always hit the single rider line or the regular line. besides watching all those express people try to go thru fast is a real trip.

i do agree that those of us who live here in paradise do not need three express passes at once. we know the routine and we know what rides to ride at a certian time of day and then move on to the next part of the day's plan.

bet you will renew. it's simply the best ball game in town

Sometimes I hear the same thing for Fast Pass. Test Track routinely runs out of FPs later afternoon and your return time is usually hours later. Some rides don't really need FP. FP on the Land ride? :confused:

The bottom line is that Universal Express is nice, but sometimes you don't need to grab one if you know the strategy. I would probably rid ethe popular stuff in the morning. Then when the crowds come in the afternoon, I hide and rest in a show.

I'm yet another AP holder and I, too, feel the new policy is fair.

Every business -- and espcially every theme park business -- is constantly tweaking its offerings, trying to find that delicate balance between what best serves the customers and what best serves the bottom line.

I give Universal high marks for fine tuning a program that's a vast improvement on similar programs found elsewhere. I think Earl's explanation (in another thread) makes perfect sense.

I would agree with quentin on this one. The parks make more money when people make repeat visits as they usually spend more money at the parks due to their repeat visits. Annual passholders should get the extra perk just like the onsite guests used to do. I havet read any article about it but i fail to see how passholders benefit from having their express passes reduced from one to three unless they receive something different in its place.

Bob O, you would agree with someone not renewing their annual passes simply because they could only get one Express Pass at a time? Seems like a person would only be punishing themselves. I've been a Universal passholder for years, way before they even had Express Pass and it was a great deal then and it's an even better deal now with the new park and new attractions...even if I can only get 1 Express pass at a time.

I think a customer who is so petty that they wouldn't renew for a reason like this is a customer Universal doesn't need to begin with.

Like johare, I remember a time when Universal didn't have any Express passes or even onsite hotels. I also remember when IOA was just mounds of dirt. We had to get to Universal by walking barefoot up the hill both ways in the snow for 10 miles... :)

No, seriously, I remember when the only perk was 2nd day free. I would say that it was a good idea since now Sea World and Water Mania use it. Some people miss 2nd day free, but there are other perks to consider as well. I guess the point is that things change. Things are indeed tweaked and changed over time. It may not be fair for multiday ticket holders to get 3 passes at a time, but some rides run out of Express tickets by early afternoon. That may not be fair to those who want one in the afternoon. The wealth is spread, so to speak.

At WDW, you can only get one FP at a time or every two hours. I don't hear a lot of complains about that.

I too am a passholder and I don't mind the change. Actually, I found it rather difficult to hold more than one at a time. The way that would have worked best would be to have a "superterminal" that gave you access to all attractions. But, that didn't exist.

I believe that Express (like Fastpass) should be a free enhancement that everyone has equal access to. Not "who pays more gets more." Besides, as an annual passholder, I actually pay less per day than one or two day ticket purchasers.

This is good news to me. Some have postulated that given UO's FOTL priveleges, Disney would have to follow suit. Since UO is cutting back on these (both for passholders and on-site guests) I am more confident than ever that Disney won't make what I would consider a big blunder and offer premium Fastpass.

Johare i agree that i wouldnt stop being a annaul passholder just for that reason but every has to decide on their own if it is worth it or not. Ive been a six flags pass holder as the only park near where i live is six flags great america and we get no perks at all other than how often we visit the parks. Alot of six flag parks offer early entry programs to pass holders as well as special entrance/parking privileges. Cedar Point/paramount parks also offer perks to passholders such as exclusive ridetimes and i feel its in the parks best best financial interest to keep season passholders happy as its good money and the possibility of more sales in soda/food etc. that wouldnt be spent there otherwise. The parks make money off of season passholders or the program wouldnt be offered and they would perfer the parks look busy for guests rather than walking into a ghost town even though i would perfer the latter when i visit.
gcurling people who pay more will get more as they should in a capitalist society that we are and i dont begrudge them for getting more. Passholders are even more important when the economy is weak and tourism is down as they are a ready source of visitors/cash.

I used to live near SFGam before I moved down to Orlando about 10 year ago. Never really went more than once or twice a year so I never bothered with a pass. Since I moved down here, I've only gone back one time a couple years ago and was pretty disappointed. Guess it's easy to get spoiled down here!

Well another good idea bites the dust.I do not see why Universal wants to get rid of
the 3 fast passes for annual passholders. I have learned one thing from them and that is
do not count on enjoying anything with them for long for they will just take it away. I thought
I better hurry and respond before this thread becomes closed though I do not know what
closes it.Fast pass is really a good idea and 3 fast passes is even much better. Please
reconsider putting it back.

Sorry, but the way I understand it is this is just some fine tuning to the system. It had never been tried before and was causing part of the backup and early exhaustion of the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter