"Now What R Ya Gona Do?"

jfap

DIS Veteran
Anyone see the commercial of Shrek with the Donkey. A voice asks them. Hey Shrek, You just won an Oscar for Best Animated Film. Now what are you going to do? Donkey and Shrek look at each other and then burst out laughing.

A funny take on the "We're going to Disney World" commercials.

I'm sorry, but this seems like being a bad winner. Just like Shrek to use their "win" to make fun of Disney. :mad:

Operator-"Hello, Is this Mr. Katzenburg?"
Mr. K- "Yes, what is it"
Operator-"It's your ego..."

Esiner was going to put "DreamJerks" on some doors in Super Star Limo once, but you guess what happend to that.

Meeko_33785, I haven't seen the commercial, but I like your observation of it. It seems that Dreamworks was not a gracious winner.

The commercial is far less obnoxious than the whispering campaign Disney’s Miramax unit started against Dreamworks/Universal’s ‘A Beautiful Mind’. Michael Eisner said he “likes to play rough” – now he knows what it’s like to be on the field.

I like to think positive and believe that they're just playing around and that the public will take it in good humor. At least I hope so.

Katzenberg is certainly carrying a grudge though isn't he?

The difference in my mind is that the "whispering campaign" made it's way through people who ought to know better. This commercial is aimed at the general public.

Ah Mr. Scoop, how quickly they forget. The campaign by Miramax was against Dreamworks' ‘Saving Private Ryan’ in order to advance Miramax’s distribution deal with ‘Shakespeare in Love’. It was the first time that anyone had intentional gone out of the way to trash a film as part of an Oscar campaign and ultimately proved successful. All of Hollywood took note.

And the campaign against ‘A Beautiful Mind’ was hardly aimed just at us Hollywood types. For the first time the general media was dragged into this – CNN and ABC News both did stories based on the whispered information; every Oscar show mentioned the controversy, it was the punch line of several jokes during the telecast itself, and worst of all the target of the smear campaign (Dr. Nash) was compelled to appear on ’60 Minutes’ to defend himself against the rumors.

All that being said, even I wonder how long Mr. Katzenberg can hold a grudge.

AV, all the people who took part should have known better, not just you "Hollywood types". My point was that this commercial is taking the cheap shots directly to the people and cutting out the middle man.

I don't mean to correct you, Mr. AV, but the previous year or two also saw a whispering campaign against Denzel Washington for...for...umm...I think it was "The Hurricane." Some insiders have argued that the campaign against the movement for Denzel's first Oscar for Best Actor cost him the statuette. My correction is that, whichever movie it was, the 'campaign' spilled onto the pages of the local papers and allegedly ruined any momentum he had going into Oscar voting.

'Course, that's just what I remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter