Number of seperate resort stays in one trip

kimbodisney

Earning My Ears
Since my Spring Break plans were cancelled, I can no longer get my home resorts for possible stays in August or Thanksgiving Break 2020. (I am a teacher) How many resort room changes have you made in one single trip? I have done a split stay, but now may be 3-4 resorts to afford/have enough points.

Since my Spring Break plans were cancelled, I can no longer get my home resorts for possible stays in August or Thanksgiving Break 2020. (I am a teacher) How many resort room changes have you made in one single trip? I have done a split stay, but now may be 3-4 resorts to afford/have enough points.
My max was 4 but it was on purpose not due to availability. it was 15 days and we had extended family join us in the middle

I did a 5 night switch last year: Boardwalk, AKL, Beach Club, Copper Creek, AKL again. It was the best time! You get the take advantage of the location of the resort and hardly ever have to ride a bus. I was solo though, I can't imagine doing it with my kids! I am doing it again in November: Riviera, Boulder Ridge, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk

Minimum of 2 every trip. We're scheduled for 3 this year. Of course, we only go to WDW every other year.

I did 4 unintentionally last August. I had planned 3 over 9 nights, then my flight was canceled on my last night and the most affordable option was to get a room at POP for the night. If you are very organized when you pack, it can work. I had everything separated with different packing cubes for each portion of the trip and then a separate bag for stuff I needed the whole time. While it was a little annoying to pack up each time, it was nice to see different resorts and it worked pretty well. This Feb I did a 2 way split, and because I was bringing stuff down for an owners locker, my suitcases were stuffed full however everything would fit. I was not at all organized and it was such a pain. The only downside is thunderstorms can delay luggage transport, which was a bit of an issue in August.

Oh my goodness! We did a 4 way switch one time and I was like oh never again!! It was rough even with Luggage assistance! It was for a week and a half and I dreaded every check in and check out l 😫 Please try to waitlist and stalk as much as you can. We had kids with us so it made it a bit difficult!

We stayed in 3 resorts over 4 nights. We booked the trip in December only 24 hours before leaving for the airport. I felt so blessed to get all of the rooms on points staying in my favorite resorts (BCV, BWV, VGF). We even had one in a wheelchair so moving was not easy. It turned out to be an amazing trip.

We've done moves after one or two nights. But we prefer to stay at least 3 nights in one place.

Our May trip to poly is getting cancelled so I’ve scrambled this week to book thanksgiving. So far I’ve got first five nights at poly last three at Saratoga. Saratoga was the ONLY place I could find anything for thanksgiving night. So we are doing two this trip but I’m hoping I can get poly somehow for the Saratoga days

I did 4 resorts in 6 days trying to use my points one year! It was me and DH and our two grandchildren and we had a blast! We just packed light and it was a breeze. When our next room was ready, we'd get a text and just Magic Band our way into the next room!

I have a week-long trip planned with my family next year and I am considering adding another week for just me and trying to stay at 7 resorts in 7 nights as a reconnaissance mission. I am looking to buy DVC soon and spending thousands on something I have never laid eyes on is not my jam. I've only ever stayed at SSR. I prefer active vacations to relaxing ones so the thought of all that moving around doesn't really bother me.

We are doing 4 resorts in November: Vero Beach, Hilton Head, French Quarter and Caribbean Beach.
Last year, we did 3 resorts and 3 nights at our son's home (to meet our new grandson!).
We enjoy the resorts as much as the parks.
On a 13 night trip, it keeps things fun to try different pools and restaurants at the resorts.

We did 3 resorts for a seven night trip - 2 BWV, 2 BRV, 3 SSR, with little kids no less. It was made so much easier by having our own vehicle. I decided to make changing about 3 months out and it was the best I could do...

If we are staying 10-14 days we always do a split stay both for a points reason and a change of scenery.

One year we did 2 nights OKW, 4 nights VB, 3 night DCL cruise and 1 night at OKW before heading home after the cruise. It was great. We did not go to the parks that year.

We did 4 nights SSR and 4 nights at VB in 2016.

In 2018 we had 4 nights at HHI and then head to WDW with 4 nights at VGF!

DH and me are planning on 3 nights SSR and 3 nights at RR this November, that will be our first spilt stay at WDW.

I really enjoy the spilt between VB and WDW DVC.👍🏻☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter