NYC to Bermuda! Who is going....

Fingers crossed for all of us sailing to Bermuda, hoping and for great weather!

Wishing everyone a safe, happy and fun cruise! ☀️⚓

Have a great time in Bermuda, all you inaugural sailers!! Looking forward to hearing all about it :-)

Wow, I can’t believe the first cruise begins today.

20 more days for summer! Yeah!

And I 2nd let us here how things are going, ASAP.

Today is the day!! Just saw this thread. Cruising with Disneymagic316 and another couple.

Everyone come back and give us your thoughts :)

Bon Voyage!!!!

I just checked the weather in Hamilton, Bermuda for the next week. 80 degrees and sunny or partly sunny everyday! ☀️⚓

Bermuda looks gorgeous! I saw some pictures online on some blogs and twitter posts of the Magic in port there.

There is also a few videos of the Magic arriving in Bermuda. I am not sure how to post it but will try!

Can not wait! DH and I haven’t been there since 2002.

Hi, me and my son are booked on October 29 Halloween cruise to Bermuda. Second time for us on the Magic - flying into NYC from Sweden a couple of days early to explore the Big Apple.

Booked on the 5hr Bermuda Island Drive :drive:

Anyhow a couple of posters asked about Disney Bermuda merchandise, well the Mouse has you covered (pics from Twitter):

qjuA42f.jpg
sQ59cgy.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, me and my son are booked on October 29 Halloween cruise to Bermuda. Second time for us on the Magic - flying into NYC from Sweden a couple of days early to explore the Big Apple.

Anyhow a couple of posters asked about Disney Bermuda merchandise, well the Mouse has you covered (pics from Twitter):

qjuA42f.jpg
sQ59cgy.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I saw these pix too. There were prints, key chains and a few other items.

Enjoy NY! The weather in the tri-state area has been warm, like high 80F, but it’s going to start to drop. So, you should see very fall like weather, maybe 58-65 F.

We get off, when you get on.

I keep hoping to hear back from a Bermuda Cruiser but I guess they are still recovery from a great cruise.

And wow from Sweden. Have a safe flight. And of course a wonderful cruise.

I forgot to mention that DH and I booked the 5 hour drive too, for our 2nd day. This trip sounds like a great way to see the island.

We are hoping to get to Horeshoe Bay for a few hours on the first day, plus tour the Naval Yard area.

We are back!!!!!!!!! We had an awesome time and the weather was perfect for our sea days and Bermuda days.

Horseshoe Bay we booked through Disney but could have easily gone there on our own via taxi or mini bus (not public transportation). We were the only ship in port so beach not too crowded. I would recommend moving away from the facilities/less congested. We rented two lounge chairs and umbrella for $45. You can rent just lounge chair, tent, etc. I should have taken a picture of the prices.

We had a great driver for our 5 hour Bermuda Island Drive the next day. Our driver was funny, nice and of course knowledgeable. The only negative (maybe for some) was that the Island drive was on Sunday and all the shops were closed. There was an ice cream place, food market, coffee shop and two restaurants that were open that day.

For us, there was no "dress up"/semi-formal even though I was told there would be. My friend (cruising together) was told the same thing. We could have left our garment bag (with sports jacket, dress shirts, two dresses) at home.

I have never needed/taken Bonine or Dramamine but had to take it on the second day/sea day.......not too bad though.

We live here so we know how beautiful the NYC skyline and the Verazano Bridge is but to see it at night from the ship was absolutely breathtaking.

We have learned to have breakfast in the morning at Cabanas and not at our designated restaurant (same restaurant that dinner was served night before). More relaxing and not feel rushed to eat and get off. We were some of the first few people off the ship. Our luggage was right there and we were at customs and out the "door" in less than 10 minutes.

Catching up at home with everything :)

We are back!!!!!!!!! We had an awesome time and the weather was perfect for our sea days and Bermuda days.

Horseshoe Bay we booked through Disney but could have easily gone there on our own via taxi or mini bus (not public transportation). We were the only ship in port so beach not too crowded. I would recommend moving away from the facilities/less congested. We rented two lounge chairs and umbrella for $45. You can rent just lounge chair, tent, etc. I should have taken a picture of the prices.

We had a great driver for our 5 hour Bermuda Island Drive the next day. Our driver was funny, nice and of course knowledgeable. The only negative (maybe for some) was that the Island drive was on Sunday and all the shops were closed. There was an ice cream place, food market, coffee shop and two restaurants that were open that day.

For us, there was no "dress up"/semi-formal even though I was told there would be. My friend (cruising together) was told the same thing. We could have left our garment bag (with sports jacket, dress shirts, two dresses) at home.

I have never needed/taken Bonine or Dramamine but had to take it on the second day/sea day.......not too bad though.

We live here so we know how beautiful the NYC skyline and the Verazano Bridge is but to see it at night from the ship was absolutely breathtaking.

We have learned to have breakfast in the morning at Cabanas and not at our designated restaurant (same restaurant that dinner was served night before). More relaxing and not feel rushed to eat and get off. We were some of the first few people off the ship. Our luggage was right there and we were at customs and out the "door" in less than 10 minutes.

Catching up at home with everything :)

Thank you, thank you and thank you for taking the time to report back.

We are doing the 5 hour tour but ours will be on a Saturday. So, happy to hear it was a good tour.

DH and I will go to Horeshoe Bay on our own. We were to Bermuda many moons ago so I remember and did a little research on the travel options to the beach. Plus, if weather is not good or too hot, I wanted to have options of coming and going on our own.

And thanks for the advise on Cabanas for breakfast. I did not know it was an option.

Oh, and I heard the seas were rough the first day or so. I have been over planning and looking at weather channel app too much. Right now it shows 5 days of rain before we get there. Ugh! And I know it will change 5 times before we get there. But I cannot help my self.

Okay, thanks again and when you have the time and thing you would more you would like to share would be appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter