*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

Dang, what's up with the August closures? That doesn't usually happen.
Seems like we will miss out on a few rides this trip... hoping Haunted mansion is a little later but if it is re opening Sept 7th I don't think we will be there in time to ride it either...

Seems like we will miss out on a few rides this trip... hoping Haunted mansion is a little later but if it is re opening Sept 7th I don't think we will be there in time to ride it either...
I know. It's a bummer! Matterhorn isn't my favorite ride, but I love the nostalgia of it... so that will definitely be missed. I went in knowing that Haunted Mansion would most likely down so I'm not too surprised... but I'm really hoping the Tiki Room is open for our dates! That's one of my favorite 'too hot' or 'too crowded' attractions. Ugh, I wish they'd at least give us end dates instead of having to go the calendar and keep checking to see if its off the refurb list.

I know. It's a bummer! Matterhorn isn't my favorite ride, but I love the nostalgia of it... so that will definitely be missed. I went in knowing that Haunted Mansion would most likely down so I'm not too surprised... but I'm really hoping the Tiki Room is open for our dates! That's one of my favorite 'too hot' or 'too crowded' attractions. Ugh, I wish they'd at least give us end dates instead of having to go the calendar and keep checking to see if its off the refurb list.

Totally, I love grabbing a dole whip and sitting in the ac watching the show... It is the not knowing that drives me insane.. lol. at least give us an estimate so we have an idea.

I was expecting August hours to be 8AM openings but I'm bummed because my selected park days all have 9AM openings instead :(

I was expecting August hours to be 8AM openings but I'm bummed because my selected park days all have 9AM openings instead :(

Yep... I am too...:sad2:
I was totally expecting 8am openings and also closing at midnight... I am now a little worried that Disney is underestimating the crowds (again)...

Edit: does anyone know if the 9pm closing time of DCA is late enough to experience RSR at “darkness”?

Totally, I love grabbing a dole whip and sitting in the ac watching the show... It is the not knowing that drives me insane.. lol. at least give us an estimate so we have an idea.
I wish they'd have info somewhere. August 6 is barely over a month away, so you'd think there would at least be rumors about it. And now Flo's has shown up on the refurbishments a couple of days into our trip. I've never seen this many refurbishments (including a ton of DTD) in August before.

Oh, and the short hours, too. Dang.

My daughter (7) and I will be going to disneyland August 14th-20th. I am super excited as this is a nice study break from me studying for the NCLEX. She has never been and will be finding out at her family birthday party on August 11th.

From a fellow NCLEX “graduate”, yay for you and a break will be great. Honestly, you already know what you know and you’ll have a refreshed sense of self after a break from the last gruesome two years.

Getting so excited: Anybody have a must ride - at each park?
I'm really looking forward to the Incredicoaster (night and day) at DCA. I loved Screamin, so it'll be interesting to see the overlay. Splash is my absolute favorite at DL... but I'm looking forward to pretty much all of it! :-)

Last edited:
Space Mountain, Peter Pan and TSMM are always must-do multiple times a trip for us. I'm so bummed to hear that Space will probably be closed by the time we get there! :guilty:
Historically, Space Mountain usually doesn't close until September for its overlay. Last year was an anomaly, I'm hoping!

• August 21, 2017 to September 14, 2017
  • September 6, 2016 to September 8, 2016
  • September 7, 2015 to September 10, 2015
  • September 8, 2014 to September 11, 2014

Last edited:
Space Mountain, Peter Pan and TSMM are always must-do multiple times a trip for us. I'm so bummed to hear that Space will probably be closed by the time we get there! :guilty:

I hope it delays for you. Love Space Mountain. I went to WDW in the fall and will not ride their head rattling Space Mountain so I have been excited to ride a few times again this trip.

Dang, what's up with the August closures? That doesn't usually happen.

I know! What is going on, Disney? Matterhorn down for an extended refurb. Enchanted Tiki Room is going down. And now I see Flo's V8 Cafe is going down Aug 13th. NOOOOO! We love that place! I already knew we'd miss Haunted Mansion but c'mon. I hope it and Tiki Room are back for our end of August dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter