*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

I hope it delays for you. Love Space Mountain. I went to WDW in the fall and will not ride their head rattling Space Mountain so I have been excited to ride a few times again this trip.

THANKS! The date I've seen is Aug. 20, and we get in on the 22nd so I just need it to hold out for a couple days! Oh, and I totally feel the same way about WDW's SM - that's a migraine waiting to happen for me.

THANKS! The date I've seen is Aug. 20, and we get in on the 22nd so I just need it to hold out for a couple days! Oh, and I totally feel the same way about WDW's SM - that's a migraine waiting to happen for me.
I also get in on the 22nd and am holding my breath re SM. Fingers crossed.

I switched my reservation to onsite at the PPH. I'm so excited and haven't told my niece - she'll find out when we drive up! Keeping the secret is so difficult - I don't know how people do it!

I am in the can’t keep it a secret category. The hotel part I may be able. Enjoy!

Never in a million years would I think I would buy a fanny pack again, I am sure they have renamed them to something else :rotfl2: But I was waiting for my phone to be repaired and had an hour to kill at the mall. BAD BAD haha.. and there was clearance at one of the stores so I was poking around. I found a pink small fanny pack and it was $5. I figure I will try it and worst case I will throw it in the garbage and use my sling backpack hahah..

Or I will decide before that and not pack it. I have seen lots of girls using them and they seem so handy but but bu

Never in a million years would I think I would buy a fanny pack again, I am sure they have renamed them to something else :rotfl2: But I was waiting for my phone to be repaired and had an hour to kill at the mall. BAD BAD haha.. and there was clearance at one of the stores so I was poking around. I found a pink small fanny pack and it was $5. I figure I will try it and worst case I will throw it in the garbage and use my sling backpack hahah..

Or I will decide before that and not pack it. I have seen lots of girls using them and they seem so handy but but bu

I just got myself a hip pack/ fanny pack from Herschel and I'm loving it (esp when walking the dog haha)!
When I don't feel like wearing it around my hips, I wear it around my back like a sling pack!
It's so nice to have both hands free. Packing light is a good feeling too!
Excited to put it to use in my August trip. Planning to get a bigger one for my boyfriend (he can carry the water bottle :p)

Never in a million years would I think I would buy a fanny pack again, I am sure they have renamed them to something else :rotfl2:

Fanny packs are back and Disney recently released a few on their site called "Hip Pack" :rolleyes::

Mickey: https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...0766!&ef_id=WuPFGQAAAHUTUn-z:20180709221153:s

Lilo & Stitch: https://www.shopdisney.com/scrump-h...0766!&ef_id=WuPFGQAAAHUTUn-z:20180709221154:s

Stitch: https://www.shopdisney.com/stitch-a...edirectid=15311743418174238631710070302008005

Maybe the term "Fanny Pack" was too old school for Disney because these are still referred to as fanny packs.

Disney Villains: https://lastylerush.com/products/lo...MInJyf44ST3AIVCLnACh21zQpVEAQYBCABEgIB-fD_BwE

Jan Sport Incredibles: https://www.jansport.com/shop/en/ja...4ST3AIVCLnACh21zQpVEAQYAyABEgLLH_D_BwE#hero=0

Got a good laugh though :thumbsup2

I swore I'd never wear one, then last year I found a really cute pink one with big white polka dots ... it was SO Minnie Mouse. I loved having hands-free and not constantly having my lightweight purse fall off my shoulder. My kids rolled their eyes every time I put it on but oh well.

The kids & I always wear fanny packs, so they can carry their own snacks. I have a fanny pack style, slightly bigger than the standard fanny pack repurposed purse for my own snacks, sunscreen, and other park incidentals.

What I live about fanny packs is that they are attached to you & thus the danger of losing them is minimized. We have lost stuff in the park (baseball cap, little parasol), when I was rushing out of rides or in the chaos of the August crowds (this is usually when we go), so to have it tied to my waist and with me, regardless if I think about it or not.

Little, peripherally related tidbit: the British term for fanny pack is “bum bag” (since fanny connotates a different—girl specific—body part there...).

The kids & I always wear fanny packs, so they can carry their own snacks. I have a fanny pack style, slightly bigger than the standard fanny pack repurposed purse for my own snacks, sunscreen, and other park incidentals.

What I live about fanny packs is that they are attached to you & thus the danger of losing them is minimized. We have lost stuff in the park (baseball cap, little parasol), when I was rushing out of rides or in the chaos of the August crowds (this is usually when we go), so to have it tied to my waist and with me, regardless if I think about it or not.

Little, peripherally related tidbit: the British term for fanny pack is “bum bag” (since fanny connotates a different—girl specific—body part there...).

I will try it out, I love the idea of having my hands free and not lugging anything heavy... Hubby will have his small sling back pack with him, he can carry a bottle of water and any other odds and ends he wants lol . All I really need is my money, my charge cord for my phone and my battery. Maybe a chap stick and my tiny bottle of sun screen and I am good to go...

Managed to snag a Paint the Night dinner reservation at Carthay Circle for 8/19. Had been trying for a week plus, it came up... and nothing happened when I clicked the time. I finally went and got another ressie for another day, went back, and was able to get it. Fun with the DL website.

It's starting to become real for me! I usually get excited while booking a trip, and then start feeling it again about a month before I leave. :goodvibes

My only issue with this trip is the family that we didn't invite this time. I haven't been able to tell them due to stressful events in their life recently. I have a sneaking suspicion that they aren't going to take it well. My dd and I really want to do this trip as a mom/daughter thing. She'll be 17 soon, and she barely ever has free time anymore. My DH is really supportive, my friends are saying it's a great idea, but the guilt is still gnawing at me a little. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!