Oasis Eastern Excursions - Your Thoughts?

OrcaPotter

Lucky to be local to the Mouse
My family is trying the Oasis OTS this June, and for the first time I will have my young adult nephew along to do the more "active" activities with me! We want to do snorkeling, and have decided that St. Thomas would be the best port to do it in. While I know that booking through the tour companies directly would save money, I would prefer for the peace of mind to do it through the cruise line. Looking through Cruise Critic, I am not finding specific reviews for RCI's excursions offered through the Oasis.

Have you done any of the excursions listed below? Was it worth the money? Which was best?

• All Inclusive St. John Beach & Snorkel: Cruise from St. Thomas to nearby St. John and visit the stunning beach of Trunk Bay, featuring an underwater reef trail. Enjoy a narrated boat ride complete with photo stops en route to Trunk Bay—famous its long stretches of white sand, sparkling water, and lush foliage. Discover tropical fish and colorful coral on the snorkel trail or simply swim, sunbathe, and relax in this unspoiled setting. STE8
  • Sapphire Beach Snorkeling & Island Drive: Swim, play, and relax on St. Thomas' east end with views of windsurfers, the sound, and the island of St. John. At Sapphire Beach, you'll enjoy a welcome drink, your own chaise lounge, and snorkel gear to explore the cerulean blue waters. Additional activities, including windsurfing, kayaking, jet ski rides, and parasailing are available onsite. Return to the port via Skyline Drive, taking in stunning vista views of the Atlantic, Caribbean, and the island. STF5
  • Kayak, Hike, & Snorkel at Cas Cay: Paddle the pristine waters of St. Thomas' Mangrove Lagoon Wildlife Refuge and Marine Sanctuary in a two-person kayak. Next, hike through the mangrove forest on a guided tour, alongside a scenic shell beach. Explore the marine tidal pool—an impressive geologic blowhole—and breathtaking volcanic cliffs. Delight in the blue waters of Cas Cay as you snorkel the reef. Watch for rays and barracudas on your return. STH6
  • Caribbean "Fastcat" 2-Island Snorkeling Safari & Beach Getaway: Discover two unique islet destinations near St. Thomas on this combo boating, snorkeling, and beach excursion. Cruise in comfort aboard a power catamaran to the waters off Buck Island, where you'll snorkel amidst colorful fish, vibrant coral and maybe some sea turtles! Then, it's on to Water Island for swimming or relaxing on the soft, palm-fringed sands of Honeymoon Beach while enjoying drinks and snacks served by the friendly crew. STL5
  • Buck Island Sail & Snorkel: Take the helm as you sail to St. Thomas' Buck Island nature sanctuary on a spacious catamaran, then get ready to explore. This tour features National Geographic Snorkeler gear, making a great snorkeling experience even better. After a safety briefing, enjoy a guided snorkel past brilliant tropical fish and vivid coral reefs. Swim past sea turtles, stingrays, seahorses, and a wartime era shipwreck as you navigate through azure waters. Then sip delicious rum drinks and munch on snacks as you sail back to St. Thomas harbor. STV1
Most of these are between 3 and 4 hours long, with the most expensive being around $89 PP. I'm not 100% against going direct through a tour company, though, if it has pretty high reliability and experience. TIA!

IMG_0601.JPG We have done the "Caribbean fastcat 2 island snorkel". It is fun and you will see turtles for sure. As far as fish go, you will see some, but not "tons". We have also taken a taxi to Coral World (Also offered by the ship, so transportation is easy to get to and from) Coral Word is connected to Coki Beach and that is the prime snorkel site in St. Thomas. I have been snorkeling and Scuba Diving there and it never disappoints. Just Google Coki Beach and you will see what I mean. If you don't feel comfortable (I didn't at first either) taking a taxi on your own, then the other excursion I mentioned was fun Too. Sea turtles rock!

Thank you so much for your reply! That photo is awesome! After researching, Coki came up a lot. Definitely good tips to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter