Oasis of the Seas - Is it Really THAT Bad????

You guys are so great! Thanks for all the updates! I went into the cruise planner and saw that I can book our shows so I did that even though I believe we can get reserved seats somehow through the concierge. I will check on the luggage valet too. Thanks again for all the reviews and tips everyone!

It's been 12 months since our Oasis cruise but we noticed nothing negative at all. We loved our Disney Cruises, but given the cost, we certainly won't go back. Oasis of the Seas was certainly equal and at a fraction of the cost. Everything about he ship was beautiful. Our favourite parts being Central Park and the Solarium. These alone make it a special ship.

Thanks for your review! We are most excited that our stateroom is on the deck with Central Park. As we get closer to this cruise the anticipation builds!

Thanks for your review! We are most excited that our stateroom is on the deck with Central Park. As we get closer to this cruise the anticipation builds!

You will love being on Deck 8. That's where we were also. Only a couple of doors down to the entrance to the park. We loved having breakfast in the Park Cafe and Trellis Bar was great for a pre dinner drink. Being able to walk out of our room and being their in literally a minute was a great bonus. I'd find it difficult (although I'm sure I'd cope :) ) going on a ship without Central Park now. We have booked on the Allure of the Seas for later this year.

We sailed on Oasis in April 2017 and loved everything about it. The food and service was top notch, and we never found or saw anything in disrepair. Everything was always clean as well. Our sailing was during Spring Break, but we didn't notice anything more crowded or crazier than usual, and the ports on our Eastern itinerary were also great. We would definitely go again on Oasis. Enjoy your cruise!

I admit I was feeling "some kind of way" at first when we booked on Oasis instead of the Fantasy like I originally wanted. But it was more important to me to sail on our actual anniversary in a suite at an affordable price than it was to sail Disney so I compromised. Or so I thought it was a compromise but you all have made me feel like this is not settling at all!! As a matter of fact, I feel like the Oasis is an upgrade! Thanks so much for all the great reviews. Can't wait for November! Me, and my man of 25 years, the open seas, a fabulous ship -- what else could we ask for??? It will be wonderful!!!!!! And I booked Chops for our anniversary dinner plus will be decorating our stateroom door -- don't know if that is a "thing" on Royal or not but our door will be decorated - lol!!!

Door decorating isn’t really a thing on RCI but that should not stop you from doing it if you want. Example - We did about 2-3 magnets and a magnetic whiteboard last year. Felt about right for us as we never went “full door” on DCL. And the kids loved it.

Been a bit preoccupied with other things this year so I might recycle last years stuff for this year.

We are going for a modest door decoration. Found a website on Facebook that does the personalized magnets for about $15. So much cheaper than the package I was going to buy from the ship. Although the package from the ship comes with streamers and a photo frame for about $60. But I like this personalized keeepsake idea better. I might also order a small bouquet of flowers for the week for our stateroom as a little something extra special. :flower1:

You will love being on Deck 8. That's where we were also. Only a couple of doors down to the entrance to the park. We loved having breakfast in the Park Cafe and Trellis Bar was great for a pre dinner drink. Being able to walk out of our room and being their in literally a minute was a great bonus. I'd find it difficult (although I'm sure I'd cope :) ) going on a ship without Central Park now. We have booked on the Allure of the Seas for later this year.

Allure is our favorite ship! That is until our Harmony cruise in November. Have a great cruise!

We just got off Oasis last week from a 7 day cruise. We have cruised on a variety of lines and RC is our favorite (next to Disney when we can save enough $$ to afford it). We went with our daughter and 2 grandsons and had side by side balcony cabins. Everything was clean, neat and the service was excellent. Staff was very accomodating to our every request and went above expectations often. Shows were great and the boys had a great time with the rock climbing wall, zip line and flow rider as well as the pools. They absolutely loved the self serve ice cream on the pool deck, too. We are already looking in to another cruise on Oasis for next year. The only complaint (if you could call it) was the Cats Broadway show was hard to understand the words. Most of the actors were from Great Britain and my ear isn't quit attuned to that accent. The set and costumes were amazing, though.

Even though the ship has an amazing amount of passengers, we never felt crowded. Occasionally there was a bit of a wait for an elevator at busy times like meals, but nothing to complain about.

Rest easy, you'll have a wonderful time. Take a quick look at my blog by my signature for a write up on our trip with some pictures.

One more thing, in St Thomas and St Martin, where we stopped, we found local tours that we could take ourselves instead of booking on the ship and saved a bunch of money that way.

Hopefully they have restocked the pizza shop, my grandsons ate tons of it! :c)

I will definitely check out your blog! Thanks!

We are all booked for the shows except for Cats. We will play that one by ear. Lol! DH doesn’t want to commit to that show. :rolleyes1

One more thing, in St Thomas and St Martin, where we stopped, we found local tours that we could take ourselves instead of booking on the ship and saved a bunch of money that way.

Hopefully they have restocked the pizza shop, my grandsons ate tons of it! :c)

What did you do in St. Maarten? It has us stumped.

I sailed on Oasis in November and it was great! I did not find the ship to be worn. We had three staterooms on deck 11, they all were great. We had a really fun time and have booked another RCCL cruise next spring.

I sailed on Oasis in November and it was great! I did not find the ship to be worn. We had three staterooms on deck 11, they all were great. We had a really fun time and have booked another RCCL cruise next spring.
Awesome! Thanks so much for your review! PIF this afternoon and it’s a great feeling!!! Can’t wait until we board the ship! We are staying at the VGF for a few days before and having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare the morning we sail. So super excited for this milestone anniversary.

Thanks again everyone who has commented and reassured us the Oasis is a wonderful ship and we have nothing to worry about! The DIS is a fantastic resource!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!