Obtaining a DAS outside MK Guest Relations

DanielleStar

Earning My Ears
Can you request a DAS at Guest Relations outside of MK or must you do it inside the park? I'm staying at GF and would love to get it the night before I go to MK.

Yes, you can set it up at the guest relations desk outside of MK... that’s exactly what I did during my last trip ☺

Just remember! You need to have everyone in your party present- or at least have their magicbands with you if you don’t want to make another stop in the morning!

Can you request a DAS at Guest Relations outside of MK or must you do it inside the park? I'm staying at GF and would love to get it the night before I go to MK.

You can request it at the GR stand outside of the tapstiles at the park, but you can't request it at the resorts or Disney Springs. It's never taken them more than a few minutes to get it set up for my son when we've been, the first year we went to GR just inside HS, and this past year we did it at MK.

As PP mentioned, everyone who will be associated as a "guest" with the person that has the DAS must be present or you need to have everyone's magic bands, they will tap each one to attach it to the DAS profile.

Yes, you can set it up at the guest relations desk outside of MK... that’s exactly what I did during my last trip ☺

Just remember! You need to have everyone in your party present- or at least have their magicbands with you if you don’t want to make another stop in the morning!

Not having everyone physically present is risky because I think officially no one can be added that isn’t there with their MB. I got burned this way the one time I tried it.

Just remember that it can actually take longer outside the park, especially before park opening. Everyone with a ticket issue is in that queue, and everyone wanting a DAS outside the gate and everyone with a basic question as well - the wait might be even longer, and you are stuck outside the park. That might be even harder for the DAS holder?

Not having everyone physically present is risky because I think officially no one can be added that isn’t there with their MB. I got burned this way the one time I tried it.
I'm sure like most things Disney, it depends on the CM you have. We had no issues with me bringing the MB's for my DH and DS2 while they waited outside of the line, and DS1 and I got his DAS set up (Sorry for all the acronyms LOL)

Agree. I would not count on doing it unless eveyone was present.
In late October 2019, when we set up our daughter’s DAS, we tried to add our friend who was not with us. We had his Magicband, but were told he had to be with us.
The next time we tried to add him, my husband our friend had gone to Epcot early while DD and I were arriving later. My husband tried to add our friend, but was told our daughter needed to be there Aldo.

Agree. I would not count on doing it unless eveyone was present.
In late October 2019, when we set up our daughter’s DAS, we tried to add our friend who was not with us. We had his Magicband, but were told he had to be with us.
The next time we tried to add him, my husband our friend had gone to Epcot early while DD and I were arriving later. My husband tried to add our friend, but was told our daughter needed to be there Aldo.

The second situation makes sense to me - they verify the DAS holder with a photo, and so they wouldn't be able to verify the DAS profile without your DD there.

The first one, it's definitely a crapshoot, we've done it where I have everyone's magic bands a couple of times but DH and DS2 were closeby and I could have grabbed them if I needed to.

The second situation makes sense to me - they verify the DAS holder with a photo, and so they wouldn't be able to verify the DAS profile without your DD there.

The first one, it's definitely a crapshoot, we've done it where I have everyone's magic bands a couple of times but DH and DS2 were closeby and I could have grabbed them if I needed to.

Even with me being the DAS holder and explaining that the other person was in the WC parade viewing location nearby since it was almost at capacity nearly an hour before the start when there was space everywhere else for the non-handicapped so couldn’t be with me...it was a firm no and I had wasted 20 minutes waiting in the line only to need to repeat it after the parade when the line was even longer. It stunk because it wouldn’t have been an issue if we had been a party of three or more or did not need the protected viewing in the wheelchair area, but the CM was within her right to go by the official rules.

i like that idea, we have an early ak breakfast at 8 am, so rushing to get there will be tough already and im not sure if gr will be open that early, so we may go night before.thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter