Ocean Lakes Campground

Fantasia Girl

Fort Wilderness is my second home :)
Has anyone stayed here before? It is in Myrtle Beach and I looked it over on the internet and it looks nice, I made ressies for August. I was just looking for some opinions on the place if anyone here has visited.

Thanks in advance!

Christine:D

I live in Charleston, SC. I have stayed there. It is a nice clean campground. Most of the sites have NO trees at all. Lots of sun, if that is what you are after. But it is nice and has activities there to do. There is also one a few businesses down called Lakewood. I prefer that one, it has more trees and gives good shade. I would say other than that they are both about the same. Have fun.

My family have stayed at both Campgrounds - Lakewood and Ocean Lakes. We prefer Lakewood also. You can stay about 5 spots from the ocean and be covered with trees!! It is very clean and the staff are friendly. Oceans Lakes is also very nice, but not as much tree cover, especially if you want to camp near the ocean.

Although we have never camped @ Ocean Lakes, we have stayed at Lakewood twice, and it is a great campground...:) You have a choice of camping in a shaded area or in a sunny location. The campsite is well maintained and is right on the beach........right on the beach :smooth:

Thanks Lakewood looks great, but they do not allow the type of dog that we have:( Thanks for the positive input on Ocean Lakes though, I feel a little better:D

We usually stay at Lakewood in Spring and Ocean Lakes in Fall. The pool and putt-putt area at Ocean Lakes has been re-done in lately and is very nice. Both campgrounds are well maintained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter