Oct 1, 2021! Booking very limited

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I ended up having my TA handle it (and probably should have just gone that route to begin with, I generally just use him for cruises but he is truly awesome with everything). I'm booked at the Contemporary from Sept 29th - October 6th 2021. We are in a lake view because TPV was already all gone. I'm super excited!

I paid a $200 deposit.

Last edited:

I had my TA recheck and I thought she was going to be able to book but Disney said no. If my dates started 9/30 a basic package would work but for 10/3 it has to be room only. :( This whole process has been very confusing and stressful.

We went ahead with the room only so at least we know we have the Theme Park View needed for our anniversary celebration.

Last edited:
If these rooms are already going at the 499 day mark, how bad might DVC walking be? Anybody started yet 🤣
I can see some starting at 14 or 15 months out to get those coveted rooms.

I'm wondering how busy the resorts will be the week after. I want to add a few nights on after at another resort, but now I'm wondering if I should book that resort too? That resort I won't be so fussy about.

Has anyone tried booking at Beach Club yet? I was originally planning to book there at the end of the month but being there for the anniversary might be fun. Or bonkers. Have there been any announcements on what they are planning for the anniversary day?

So we can't book yet, cause we are planning on December 2021. Are we able to add dining and tickets if we book 499 ahead? or do we have to wait for packages to come out?

So we can't book yet, cause we are planning on December 2021. Are we able to add dining and tickets if we book 499 ahead? or do we have to wait for packages to come out?
You can't book any resort reservation at the current time. The dining plan have been cancelled through the end of Sept 2021.

Last edited:
I can't decide between WL and Pop. Already spending a lot on our May trip next year. Might just do Pop and take Minnie Vans to and from the MK. Cheaper than an entire stay at WL. Looking at 9/30-10/4.

Just waiting on my TA to have the ability to book, but I want to make a decision before that!

I can't decide between WL and Pop. Already spending a lot on our May trip next year. Might just do Pop and take Minnie Vans to and from the MK. Cheaper than an entire stay at WL. Looking at 9/30-10/4.

Just waiting on my TA to have the ability to book, but I want to make a decision before that!
I was debating the exact same thing. I ended up doing POP as well. Yes WL is an incredible resort, but you can still go and visit the lobby, book some nice meals (since you saved money on the resort) and you have skyliner access with POP which is a bonus!

I was debating the exact same thing. I ended up doing POP as well. Yes WL is an incredible resort, but you can still go and visit the lobby, book some nice meals (since you saved money on the resort) and you have skyliner access with POP which is a bonus!

That's what I am thinking. This would be our 5th stay at Pop and we love it. It's perfect for a quick 4 nighter!

I just called and CM said they are not booking anything right now. I was trying for a room only reservation for September 28-October 3, 2021. I even mentioned I knew of others that had booked something in the last two days. She said. No. Has anyone else tried booking for Oct 2021 today? If so, I will try again and hope for a different CM.

Last edited:
I just called and CM said they are not booking anything right now. I even mentioned I knew of others that had booked something in the last two days. She said. No. Has anyone else tried booking for Oct 2021 today? If so, I will try again and hope for a different CM.

All bookings are frozen right now. Should be able to book again soon.

@SaintsManiac is 100% correct. Here is the official quote from Disney:

New Disney Resort Hotel Reservations: At this time, new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused so we can focus on Guests with existing reservations (Disney Vacation Club Members can still make new reservations). Reservations will resume after that period of time.

Source:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/
Dave

Made my reservation Tuesday at the CR, Tower Theme Park View.

That was 499 days prior to an arrival date of 9/30/2021.
What type of deposit do you have to put down for a room only booking. Thanks for the info about the date you booked and 499 days. I am working on when my 499 days would be for a trip I want to book in November. You made my calculations easier. Thank you

What type of deposit do you have to put down for a room only booking. Thanks for the info about the date you booked and 499 days. I am working on when my 499 days would be for a trip I want to book in November. You made my calculations easier. Thank you
Usually it's one night with tax. With the modified package they are offering (basically room only 'package') you can put down $200, with package cancellation rules applying. You can convert it at any time to a regular room only booking, with the later cancellation policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!