Oct 27th Disney Fantasy Western cruise trip report.

matthew517

Mouseketeer
I want to report that the Norovirus is still an issue on the fantasy. A bunch of people got sick on my May 5th cruise and a bunch of us got sick on this one. Disney has not done enough to eliminate the virus.

I also want to report that the service level on the Disney Fantasy has declined. The new pirate show is very amateurish it is some thing I would expect to see on carnival not Disney. Also during one show of the nightmare before Christmas a announcement came on with 15 minutes left thanking people for attending the show and to go out in the lobby and meet Jack and Sally. It was clearly a mistake and nothing was done to stop half the audience from departing the show.

On a 7 night cruise they used to have different flavors of soft serve. Now it is limited to banana, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Mostly it was banana, chocolate and vanilla.

One big issue we had was our plates were being removed while we were still eating. Our table guest had their shrimp cocktail pulled when there were still shrimp in the glass and my wife's pasta was pulled when she still had half on the plate. We were busy in conversation and didn't realize they took away the plates. Very annoying to say the least.

Other than the service level dropping the cruise was great.

I want to report that the Norovirus is still an issue on the fantasy. A bunch of people got sick on my May 5th cruise and a bunch of us got sick on this one. Disney has not done enough to eliminate the virus.

I also want to report that the service level on the Disney Fantasy has declined. The new pirate show is very amateurish it is some thing I would expect to see on carnival not Disney. Also during one show of the nightmare before Christmas a announcement came on with 15 minutes left thanking people for attending the show and to go out in the lobby and meet Jack and Sally. It was clearly a mistake and nothing was done to stop half the audience from departing the show.

On a 7 night cruise they used to have different flavors of soft serve. Now it is limited to banana, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Mostly it was banana, chocolate and vanilla.

One big issue we had was our plates were being removed while we were still eating. Our table guest had their shrimp cocktail pulled when there were still shrimp in the glass and my wife's pasta was pulled when she still had half on the plate. We were busy in conversation and didn't realize they took away the plates. Very annoying to say the least.

Other than the service level dropping the cruise was great.

Honestly, its not DCL's fault if someone brings Norovirus on board. It spreads like wildfire on a ship with 4,000 people.
All it takes is one family touching the serving utensils in Cabanas and bam this highly contagious illness is spread.
I was on The Magic when they had their very first outbreak in 2002 and we made the news during the cruise. Yes, my 10 year old was sick within 24 hours of getting off the ship, nothing we could do about it.
Jack and Sally are very popular and only come out during Halloween, the same thing happened on our cruise last year, its a mad rush to visit with them.

Surprised about your plates, but had you told the servers, they would have immediately replaced your meals with fresh ones, they want that "excellent" score on your comment card.

Glad you enjoyed parts of your cruise.

Its not their fault it came on. But if it continues on board through different cruises it is. But that takes deep cleaning it. And as fast as the turn overs are they don't have time.
We had a great time.

We were on the same cruise and our servers were excellent (well, our asst server was a bit meh, but the others were awesome). No one in our party of 9 got sick.

It didn't feel 'Halloween enough' to us either, I was expecting a bit.....more......though I can't quite put my finger on it. I won't ever book aft on the Fantasy again, the vibrations were awful; our previous cruise on the Fantasy we were also aft though not as far back and vibrations were minimal.

We were on the same cruise and our servers were excellent (well, our asst server was a bit meh, but the others were awesome). No one in our party of 9 got sick.

It didn't feel 'Halloween enough' to us either, I was expecting a bit.....more......though I can't quite put my finger on it. I won't ever book aft on the Fantasy again, the vibrations were awful; our previous cruise on the Fantasy we were also aft though not as far back and vibrations were minimal.

What cabin were you in that had all the vibrations?

10662. I think I answered the vibrations post on the FB page as well. Previously on the Fantasy we have stayed in 5650 which is aft as well; we had vibrations but not nearly like it was this time. It's an ongoing issue with the Fantasy though, so I was aware of this going in (had tried to get 5650, but no one ever gave it up lol).

10662. I think I answered the vibrations post on the FB page as well. Previously on the Fantasy we have stayed in 5650 which is aft as well; we had vibrations but not nearly like it was this time. It's an ongoing issue with the Fantasy though, so I was aware of this going in (had tried to get 5650, but no one ever gave it up lol).
oh ok 5650 is on the side almost midship. I had 5550 before. I didn't like all the people looking down on me.

Last edited:

oh ok 5650 is on the side almost midship. I had 5550 before. I didn't like all the people looking down on me.

Yeah 5650 is definitely mid-aft vs aft. People looking down on us didn't bother us, it was such a wide verandah (even more spacious than the one we had this past cruise) and I loved the proximity to the kids clubs. When this cruise came available for booking, I had 5650 on hold for this one and the November 10th cruise, eventually letting this cruise go and booking November 10th. Then my husband changed his mind, didn't want to do Christmas in November and would rather sail a HOTHS cruise over Halloween but by the time we switched back 5650 was gone. I think the room next door or two down became available but....well, I digress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!