October 2017 Discount and code watch

My reservation is almost the same as your, but a day later, and a day shorter - Oct 29 - Nov 4. Up until last week, I could see availability - but as soon as the discount was announced, it was gone. Oh well. Didn't really want to pay full price, but at least we are at the Beach Club, and that's just where we wanted to be!!!

My reservation is almost the same as your, but a day later, and a day shorter - Oct 29 - Nov 4. Up until last week, I could see availability - but as soon as the discount was announced, it was gone. Oh well. Didn't really want to pay full price, but at least we are at the Beach Club, and that's just where we wanted to be!!!

You're right.. at this point I'm just glad we actually got a reservation at the BC!! I made my reservation back in February I think and even then there were no standard rooms available.. so I had a feeling we would be paying rack rate anyway. But at least we will be within feet of the F&W festival.. hopefully that will make the price more than worth it :cool1:

Just received the unique offer code in the mail today for save up to 30% hopefully I can apply it to my reservation, on hold again for the third time in 2 days

We sure are. We currently have a package booked for 10 days with a dining plan. They told us we currently have an "AP discount". Our "discount" saved us $20 off of an almost $6,000 package! The cast member laughed when I told her that comes to 50 cents/person/day. She said a real AP discount should be coming soon.

I'm following for the AP but not expecting a whole lot. With the just released GP Discount at a historic low, and availability at rack rate practically gone, I'm not expecting the typical 35% off Deluxe. I pieced together 30% Pin/TA discounts for Holloween wknd and have a December Bounceback. 35% off would be nice though :)

Any AP's waiting for October and November room discounts? I neeeed one to come out and the latest General Public discount is making me crazy
Yep, we have a reservation for October 29th through November 4th. The beach club is where we hope to stay as that's where our current basic package reservation is, and it's our favorite on property. Second choice would be Boardwalk.

Oh good, glad to hear I'm not alone as we wait for what seems forever for an AP discount

We are booked at the Boardwalk for the week of our wedding but I do not want to pay rack rate!
When we return from our cruise in November we want to stay at the BC.
Come on AP discount!

I have the RO applied for 5 of my 7 nights. Hoping an AP comes in and will at least cover my whole stay!

My TA emailed me today, she was able to save me a whole $23.11!! I wasnt expecting anything so its something at least. She said she hasnt seen discounts like this in quite some time. I am preparing myself for massive crowds! On the bright side, it works out to about 30.00 Canadian, so I am going to buy myself an extra souvenir!

Looks like they did something to the system regarding current discounts. Now not showing you can check in on a fri or sat using a discount, even though that is not in any small print that I see.

I do believe I am giving up. I'm not 100% sure of the math, but I think what I have booked now is less than it would be to get the room discount and deal with the cost increases. I booked last year before the 2017 price increases so in order to get the discount I would have to book under the new ticket, dining plan and room rates, so I think I may actually have a better price already. And that is if I am even able to find a discount for the resort and room I want which does not look likely. Maybe I'll get a unique code that can be directly applied to my current reservation, but I am not going to hold my breath. I just hope a whole bunch of people are double booked because if availability is accurate the parks are going to be mobbed and I am not going to enjoy my vacation as much. I miss the days when no one knew how great Disney is at the end of October/beginning of November.

I am having a REALLY hard time thinking that pretty much every resort is at full capacity 3 months out. That's just not how most hotel trends work.

I had everything ready to book on Orbitz yesterday with the 20% off code: room available for my dates (and a standard too!!), with the disney discount, 20% off code worked onto of it, free cancellation stated...Perfect. Had to double check my dates, and today the Disney Discount is gone, and everything is sold out.

I checked a few other websites and Pop Century came up for $450/night, and this website also stated GREAT DEAL! Ha!

I really think the inventory that all of these sites are pulling from, along with pricing, is really messed up, including Disney's own site.

I am having a REALLY hard time thinking that pretty much every resort is at full capacity 3 months out. That's just not how most hotel trends work.

I had everything ready to book on Orbitz yesterday with the 20% off code: room available for my dates (and a standard too!!), with the disney discount, 20% off code worked onto of it, free cancellation stated...Perfect. Had to double check my dates, and today the Disney Discount is gone, and everything is sold out.

I checked a few other websites and Pop Century came up for $450/night, and this website also stated GREAT DEAL! Ha!

I really think the inventory that all of these sites are pulling from, along with pricing, is really messed up, including Disney's own site.

I don't think this is that farfetched of a theory at all. We all know that the outsourcing of Disney's IT department has made the website screwy. So what's to say there isn't a similar effect on the resorts themselves and their availability? Beats me. Right now, I've got a decent mid-October reservation and Touring Plan strategy to avoid the crowds. But my gut is telling me this sparse availability just isn't purely due to resorts actually being this full.

I don't think this is that farfetched of a theory at all. We all know that the outsourcing of Disney's IT department has made the website screwy. So what's to say there isn't a similar effect on the resorts themselves and their availability? Beats me. Right now, I've got a decent mid-October reservation and Touring Plan strategy to avoid the crowds. But my gut is telling me this sparse availability just isn't purely due to resorts actually being this full.
I have a suspicion that there may be more availability once all those that double and triple booked start releasing the ones that they can't convert. But we'll have to wait and see whether or not they put those rooms back into the discounted inventory ....

I agree with you. My thought this week has been the same. Orbitz, chase ultimate rewards, etc all pull inventory from disney so they are having the same issues as the wdw site. I am waiting it out. I have a backup plan in place. I just find it really hard to believe the avail is as limited for rack rate as it seems.

Good news. I was finally able to see a discounted rate on YC in Oct on orbitz and apply their 20% coupon. Cancelling my disney direct reservation now. Saved extra $150.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter