October 2017 Discount and code watch

What are your dates? They keep telling me it's booked solid :(

Oct 14-16 after our cruise.
There is no disney discount for the 14th, but there is for the 15th, and I got the orbitz 20% for both nights. Total is $805 thru orbitz, $955 thru disney, and rack rate $1055.

Awesome! Which resort & when are you going?? Mine didn't work and I tried 7 different dates. :'(
We are staying at the Grand Floridian first time saying here, we are going October 21-25th, we were at the Yacht Club couldn't get the discount there so switched to Grand, I switched us to animal Kingdom Lodge the first day the discounts came out this week then I got the code in the mail the next day and switched us and saved, really needed the room with three beds Animal only had two in a deluxe studio, we stayed there last year loved it but needed the extra bed this time

Looks like they did something to the system regarding current discounts. Now not showing you can check in on a fri or sat using a discount, even though that is not in any small print that I see.

I ran into check in dates for the discount when I went to change the dates I wanted, and there was a drop down menu that listed which dates work for the magical holiday room rate.

Check-in date must fall within valid travel dates

• Oct 8, 2017 - Oct 12, 2017
  • Oct 15, 2017 - Oct 19, 2017
  • Oct 22, 2017 - Oct 26, 2017
  • Oct 29, 2017 - Nov 2, 2017
  • Nov 5, 2017 - Nov 9, 2017
  • Nov 12, 2017 - Nov 21, 2017
  • Nov 25, 2017 - Dec 24, 2017

Sorry if this was already posted.

I got an email from Disney Destinations about the Magical Holidays code and there is a lot more inventory for my dates now. The discounted rate is still pretty bad compared to years past, but at least I have a few more options than just a Grand Suite at the GF or $1K rooms at WL. :confused3

My agent contacted me shortly after the discounts were released and let me know that they had saved me some money. It was probably something like $100, but I was prepared to have to change my dates since the availability showed Sunday through Thursday and I'm going to be there Saturday through Wednesday.

How did you get a unique offer code? Was it based on previous travel?

These are going around. I've never received a pin code before and I got one yesterday for 30% off (travel 10/8-12/24). We were there this past March, which I why I assume we got it.

These are going around. I've never received a pin code before and I got one yesterday for 30% off (travel 10/8-12/24). We were there this past March, which I why I assume we got it.
Thanks. I received a unique offer code for summer travel, but nothing yet for my October trip. So frustrated! I always go October (missed last year due to being pregnant) and now it is just insane with everything booked solid. I never had a chance to get the promotion on Contemporary Resort, by the time I got through that first day, it was sold out. Hoping I get my unique offer code soon :( :( :(

Funny, I just received my offer code this morning, and it doesn't work on my resort. This is a cruel joke!

Thanks. I received a unique offer code for summer travel, but nothing yet for my October trip. So frustrated! I always go October (missed last year due to being pregnant) and now it is just insane with everything booked solid. I never had a chance to get the promotion on Contemporary Resort, by the time I got through that first day, it was sold out. Hoping I get my unique offer code soon :( :( :(

I saw other people saying that Disney sent out way more codes than they had rooms designated to work with it, so everyone who got a code is frustrated right now because they can't use it. Good luck!

We had already booked something else, so I can't use mine either.

I saw other people saying that Disney sent out way more codes than they had rooms designated to work with it, so everyone who got a code is frustrated right now because they can't use it. Good luck!.

Editing to say that the "live cast member" totally helped me and gave me the discount! 20% of contemporary. I had to wait 45 minutes total but it was worth it to save. Apparently they can override for the discount

Last edited:
Newbie here at looking for discounts on hotel rooms. Can I apply a discount to a reservation I've already paid for? Is it even worth spending an afternoon on hold to try?

Newbie here at looking for discounts on hotel rooms. Can I apply a discount to a reservation I've already paid for? Is it even worth spending an afternoon on hold to try?

I've spent two afternoons on hold - once for 75+ minutes, the second time for 30+. The discount was only available on rooms that cost so much more than my rack rate garden view room, I would have been spending more money in the end. I'll probably try again, just in case, but it seems like this is more of a discount fail. The last agent I spoke to told me the discount was only meant to be on suites and club-level rooms.

I've spent two afternoons on hold - once for 75+ minutes, the second time for 30+. The discount was only available on rooms that cost so much more than my rack rate garden view room, I would have been spending more money in the end. I'll probably try again, just in case, but it seems like this is more of a discount fail. The last agent I spoke to told me the discount was only meant to be on suites and club-level rooms.

That isnt true, I got a discount on a room at a value resort. But I just think overall the discounts are pretty much non existent. There was nothing available for my December trip at all. Doesnt leave me much hope for AP discounts. :sad2:

Thanks, Raya. I guess if I find myself with an extra two hours I'll jump on the phone..LOL!

Well...I was getting frustrated...with the few of you on here posting about pin codes during the last part of October, same time as our stay, and when we called to check, nothing for us...yep, I was jealous.

So I composed a nice email to Disney...they called me today...on the July 4th Holiday.

They gave me a 20% discount on the garden view room at POFQ we already had booked Oct 28-Nov 1. The cast member said it was a new discount that was just now available as the fall discounts are starting to come online.

Love that pixie dust!

What email address did you use to send Disney your message? Seems like once you become a DVC member, they no longer send ANY discounts. Haven't received anything for Disney visa in quite a while!

This is the first year I have not been able to add a discount to my reservation. I've received 2 different offers, but couldn't apply them to the resort we want to stay at.... hopefully something else comes out, but I don't think it will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter