October 2017 Discount and code watch

AP Discounts are out for late fall - and as expected they are just a bad as the previous Room Only discounts. Sad.
My thoughts exactly. I was hoping but not expecting for them to be better. The only thing that's worse for me is the PIN code I got in the mail. :/

I guess the Beach Club is completely booked for my time frame... there are no rooms available under the AP offer for a week in late October. This was my last hope for a discount.. guess we will pay rack rate for the first time :sad2:

I guess the Beach Club is completely booked for my time frame... there are no rooms available under the AP offer for a week in late October. This was my last hope for a discount.. guess we will pay rack rate for the first time :sad2:

That's what I was hoping also....Boardwalk would have been my second choice, but that is also unavailable...The only thing I saw that was a discount that would have worked for us is a 1 BR Villa at Saratoga...but, that's not Beach Club....

I'm hoping that as people drop reservations, (some book multiples with the hopes that at least one will be discounted!!) MAYBE things will open up....probably not....but MAYBE...

In the meantime... we're going to hang on the the reservation we currently have here....with no discount....booo!!!

Can someone please explain to me what is going on at DW October 1-6 that has EVERY room booked? I know it's F&W Festival and the Halloween Party, but EVERY ROOM? Including Swan and Dolphin! I have a reservation at the Beach Club but was hoping for an AP discount. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on at DW October 1-6 that has EVERY room booked? I know it's F&W Festival and the Halloween Party, but EVERY ROOM? Including Swan and Dolphin! I have a reservation at the Beach Club but was hoping for an AP discount. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'm having the same problem for the following week (Oct 9 - 13). I found a super cheap flight down for that time frame, but can't find a room on property for less than $500 a night. Even Orbitz and travel agencies seem to be sold out too!

I'm having the same problem for the following week (Oct 9 - 13). I found a super cheap flight down for that time frame, but can't find a room on property for less than $500 a night. Even Orbitz and travel agencies seem to be sold out too!

It's crazy. I'm worried the parks and the pool are going to be mobbed.

I am still trying to find two nights of my trip under a discount code. So far nothing, but I will keep checking!

Keep checking - I finally got the magical escape offer to work for my dates 10/3-10/7 for pop just recently

Len Testa posted the below on another message board, this could be part of the problem we are seeing with room inventory and also lack of discounted rooms. Im going for F&W end of Oct thru the beginning of November, and then heading back in the beginning of December, rooms are super hard to come by then also. You would think they would want this fixed as soon as possible?

Len Test: "Checking in at Music this week with my SO, her MagicBand didn't work on the room door. So we go to the front desk. CM there checks LILO and says "Oh, it has you booked at Saratoga Springs too. This has been happening a lot." He shows me the screen before he fixes it.

Apparently there's an issue where 1 reservation will be booked at 2 hotels for the same family on the same dates. The CM says it's been going on for a while, and affects dates as far in the future as October. So if you're seeing no availability for what should be a slow period, that might be the cause. They're fixing them manually as people check in. And it's only on LILO - you can't see it on MDE. (I'm not sure how that works.)

No ETA on getting it fixed, from what I was told."

Len Testa posted the below on another message board, this could be part of the problem we are seeing with room inventory and also lack of discounted rooms. Im going for F&W end of Oct thru the beginning of November, and then heading back in the beginning of December, rooms are super hard to come by then also. You would think they would want this fixed as soon as possible?

Len Test: "Checking in at Music this week with my SO, her MagicBand didn't work on the room door. So we go to the front desk. CM there checks LILO and says "Oh, it has you booked at Saratoga Springs too. This has been happening a lot." He shows me the screen before he fixes it.

Apparently there's an issue where 1 reservation will be booked at 2 hotels for the same family on the same dates. The CM says it's been going on for a while, and affects dates as far in the future as October. So if you're seeing no availability for what should be a slow period, that might be the cause. They're fixing them manually as people check in. And it's only on LILO - you can't see it on MDE. (I'm not sure how that works.)

No ETA on getting it fixed, from what I was told."
Yes, you would think they'd fix it as soon as possible. Strange...

It's crazy. I'm worried the parks and the pool are going to be mobbed.

I suspect they are. For our October trip, Flight of Passage FP+ wasn't available at our 60 (actually 62) day mark. And only late afternoon evening times for Frozen Ever After and 7DMT were available. By 50 days out, Kali, the Safari, Peter Pan, BTMRR and a few others were added to the list of non-availability.

I understand FoP, but BTMRR and the Safari have huge capacity. For the FP+ to be all gove this far in advance I'm assuming means the parks will be slammed.

On the bright side, on Friday I finally got the discount to apply to our rooms at Pop. It's really only for the final of our 3 nights, but it saves a few bucks. I've never seen rack rates this high ($162 for Pop on Friday/Saturday nights!)

Same. This morning I tried to add the night of Oct. 8 to our Oct. 9-14 trip. Was told there was no availability at any of the Value resorts.

It's what used to be a less busy time to go, so EVERYONE goes during those dates now. October is all red on the updated crowd calendars for this year. :/ Especially with everyone booking at rack rates long before discounts are released, Disney just isn't releasing that many discounts for this year. AP has been especially scarce (which makes sense, they release ours last). I'm just going to keep checking in the hopes that people cancel once they realize they're going to have to pay full price!

That is fall break for a lot of schools. Pretty much all of Kentucky gets at least a 1 week break. I think Tenn. too. My county gets the first two weeks off. That has been when we always go down for our vacay. It has got busier over the years and the crowds are very heavy now. My oldest is in college so we are having to travel in the summer now. I so do miss the Halloween Party and food and wine but I don't thinks she would forgive us if we went without her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!