October 2018 Check In

allgrownup

Mouseketeer
We will be in the area from the 13th to the 20th.
4 day hoppers, plan to be in the parks Monday and Tuesday, Universal on Wednesday, then parks again Thursday and Friday.
We get in Saturday afternoon and will have Sunday free to explore.
Fly out Saturday the 20th.

What are your plans? :)

We are planning on going from the 25th until the 2nd of November. I'm glad you started this thread. It gives me something to take my mine off work and put it on Disneyland!! We're going to get signature plus passes. I'll probably buy them soon and sit on them because I think ticket prices are going to increase again this year.

I'm thinking we will go to the Halloween Party on Halloween but we are not sure the direction Disney is going to take it this year. I hear it might be in DCA and I don't know if it will be worth it there. I guess we have plenty of time to think about it. I think the tickets go on sale in June or July.

Last edited:
I need the distraction, too!
As well as hanging with folks who understand 7 months out. :)
I haven't decided on Halloween tickets, from what I've seen they are most likely out of the budget.

With the party likely going DCA I wouldn't feel bad missing it. It might be kind of so so there.

I have gone many times to MHP when it was at DCA. I really liked it there. The pathways are wider and easier to navigate. The Treat trail that went through the Redwood Creek Trail was one that I really miss. Never really see that attraction at night. I am also wondering what they will do with the WoC. Now that would be awesome if the theme is changed especially for Mickey's Halloween Party.

I haven't gone to MHP in at least three years (wish I had but it wasn't in the cards for me). I am planning on going this year. I am curious what new additions (if any) they will add and what will they change from the Parties held there in the past. So...

I am going Oct 15 to Oct 17, VGC

I’m hoping to go to a party again as well. Last year was my first year going and I had more fun than I thought!
The only thing is that it’s rumored to be in DCA only this year so I’m curious to see how things are going to be. I’m also a tad scared about pricing, since last year it was expensive.

When are people planning on booking hotels? My birthday is in October and I'd like to do a trip. Usually I plan a few months before and some hotels are booked, so am thinking of reserving something soon that I can cancel if the trip doesn't pan out.

I booked part of mine today with points. I'll probably book the other half tomorrow and then watch the rates and if they go down I'll book the new rate and cancel the old one.

We're going to MHP as always. We have gone the last few years. The party will definitely be in DCA. At least thats what CM's were saying at last years party. We will be staying at The Grand for our first time. So very excited!!! We are going from 10/31-11/4. We usually go the third weekend and go to the Friday party so, this year will probably be more busy. I'm curious if they will do a park hopper pass between the two parks like last year and what decorations will be in both parks. I'm also curious if they will do Halloween screams fireworks and the frightfully fun parade. I guess we will see in a few months what the plans are. I've already secured my hotel reservation and will purchase my plane tickets as soon as they release 11/4 flights through Southwest as they have $59 flights right now from the bay area.

When are people planning on booking hotels? My birthday is in October and I'd like to do a trip. Usually I plan a few months before and some hotels are booked, so am thinking of reserving something soon that I can cancel if the trip doesn't pan out.
Booked Desert Inn and Suites last month. I find the best deals the earlier I book.

Hey hey, it's the October thread!

My (now wife) and I are going on our trip at the end of October as well (23 Oct. - 3 Nov).

We'll be flying into Vegas for a couple days staying at The Palazzo then driving to SoCal.

Staying at the same place as the past three trips (HIE on S. Manchester).

We've got 5 day hoppers, and are planning for a day at Knotts, and a day of being touristy in Hollywood as well.

Hoping to do 2 nights of the Halloween Party, and particularly one on Halloween itself. We've never done it before and she loves all things Halloween and I just want to maximize DLR time. Ha!

This will likely be our last Disney trip until the hype of the Star Wars expansion dies down. Might do a WDW trip early next year to coincide with a RunDisney event, though.

This is a trip that has been 5 years in the making.............read savings. :)
I booked as soon as I possibly could, so have had air and hotel reservations since November. Park tickets shortly after that!
I am having a terrible time being patient about dining since Character meals can't be booked until 60 days out. It's marked in big letters on my calendar. :)

Southwest has $49 flights that went on sale today through 3/15. We bought our flights for 10/31 and are still waiting for them to release flight home on 11/4. You guys might want to check it out.

Hey hey, it's the October thread!

My (now wife) and I are going on our trip at the end of October as well (23 Oct. - 3 Nov).

We'll be flying into Vegas for a couple days staying at The Palazzo then driving to SoCal.

Staying at the same place as the past three trips (HIE on S. Manchester).

We've got 5 day hoppers, and are planning for a day at Knotts, and a day of being touristy in Hollywood as well.

Hoping to do 2 nights of the Halloween Party, and particularly one on Halloween itself. We've never done it before and she loves all things Halloween and I just want to maximize DLR time. Ha!

This will likely be our last Disney trip until the hype of the Star Wars expansion dies down. Might do a WDW trip early next year to coincide with a RunDisney event, though.

If you love Halloween I highly recommend Knott's Scary Farms. Try to go during a week day if you can. I'd say Knott's does Halloween better than Universal. Arguably the best Halloween experience in the country at Knott's Scary Farms.

we are in Anaheim 1st Oct to 5th, part of our 2 week holiday from the Uk, starting off at six flags when we arrive. As above Knotts do the best Halloween event we have been to on the West and East coast

Southwest has $49 flights that went on sale today through 3/15. We bought our flights for 10/31 and are still waiting for them to release flight home on 11/4. You guys might want to check it out.

We are going the 25th of Oct through the 2nd of November but I was going to wait until next month so I could book going and return flights on Southwest.

But I read your post and I thought I might as well just book the flights separate. So I booked our flight from AZ to SNA and then the first few days of November popped up so I booked the return flight as well. I always thought you had to wait 6 months out but that was not the case for me today. But only Nov 1st and 2nd showed up for November but that worked perfectly for us.

I missed not going last year on my birthday so much I've decided to go back again this year! From the 11th - 15th some friends and I are going to enjoy ourselves with a Halloween Party, a Pixar Parade meal, a special birthday meal (Napa Rose? Steakhouse 55? Just drinking at Trader Sam's? We can't decide), and maybe a tour... maybe the WOC Dessert party... who knows?! We're staying at the Desert Inn & Suites and as soon as I get some money owed me, I will be booking flights, and I should have enough Airmiles soon to get my 3 day Park Hopper, which I will then upgrade to an AP upon arrival (and after my MM).

So. Excited!

We are going the 25th of Oct through the 2nd of November but I was going to wait until next month so I could book going and return flights on Southwest.

But I read your post and I thought I might as well just book the flights separate. So I booked our flight from AZ to SNA and then the first few days of November popped up so I booked the return flight as well. I always thought you had to wait 6 months out but that was not the case for me today. But only Nov 1st and 2nd showed up for November but that worked perfectly for us.
I used to always wait 6 months out too and then realized that sometimes it a few more months in advance. I am glad I was able to help you in knowing about a good deal to save you some money on your trip! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!