October 2018 Discount watch

Late fall discounts came out this morning! I was able to switch my CSR standard to a POFQ garden view for about the same price ($101 more over my 11 night stay) I’ll take that as a win as CSR’s main pool was to be down during our stay. Still I’ll hope for a better deal when AP discounts come out for this time frame.

Only about $140 difference if I switch from Movies to Music. Not sure it would be worth it to change rooms. We have 2 rooms booked.

I kept our same reservation details at POR and applying the discount saved us $104.05, make me happy!

Last edited:
I can't get any availability to come up for the dates I want (Oct 13-16). Need a Room Only rate....not having luck on the site. Do you think I'd have better luck calling in?

I'm trying to "change" my existing reservation on MDE but everytime I go to complete the transaction, I get a "please wait" but behind it is a faint Stitch message saying "sorry ate the page"!!!!!

Wow! 25 mins and still holding.:crazy2:

ETA: Finally got through, total call 40 mins! I was able to get a discount on my reservation and I added a couple of requests while I was at it.

So I guess this is it for discounts for the fall then? Not sure how much I saved, 10% maybe? Better than nothing I guess.

ETA: So it would appear Friday and Saturday are not discountable??? When did that start?

Last edited:
Currently on hold (23 minutes and counting....) to change my CSR reservation. Looks like it should save us $226....or about 7% overall. Sheesh. Better than rack rate I supposed but here's hoping AP rates are more significant.

Last edited:
I just called in and only had to wait 2 minutes (after completing all the voice activated beginning stuff) and I was able to save about $270 off 4 nights at the YC in late October. I also have 4 nights before at POFQ but I couldn't save anything on that reservation because it was linked to park tickets that I had booked at a significant Canadian discount earlier this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter