October 2018 Party in the Park Exercise Challenge

Twilight Sparkle

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the October 2018 Exercise Thread! This month we're going to attend a virtual Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) while keeping up with our active minutes for the month. I've never attended this party and think it would be loads of fun to go with my exercise buddies, so grab your ticket and meet me outside the entrance!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal, which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since October has 31 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Big Entrance Blue
25% - On to the Treats Orange
50% - Boo to You Parade Purple
75% - Character Meet-n-Greet Pink
90% - Ride the Rides Red
100% - Happy Hallowishes Green!

We’re officially starting this challenge on October 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team Progress:
-----------------------------
Twilight Sparkle 1845/1500
Elizabeth Smith 575/600
MikeNamez 2258/1860
Sophy1996 1490/1400

PollyannaMom 385/465
BonnieF 705/900
Piglet1979 1147/1395

-----------------------------
Grand Total ~ 8405/8120 ~

Last edited:

I'm in! A newbie here but want another place I can be accountable for what I'm doing. My stepdaughter and I started eating healthier today and I'm adding exercise into my plan. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself or I know I won't keep up. So this month I will plan for 930.

I have a feeling it's going to be a busy month, so I'm going with the 465 option this time.

:thanks: Twilight Sparkle for hosting, and :welcome: to the newest team members!

15 minutes today
15/465

I'm in! A newbie here but want another place I can be accountable for what I'm doing. My stepdaughter and I started eating healthier today and I'm adding exercise into my plan. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself or I know I won't keep up. So this month I will plan for 930.

A big welcome to you, too! We're always happy to have new members. Congrats on the new life goals. Hopefully, our group will be a good source of motivation and support.

To kick off this month, we have our meeting spot:

0818-mnsshp-signage.jpg

Now let's grab our party guides:

mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-map1.jpg

and show off our costumes or holiday themed park wear (via words or photo, your choice)! Since I have similar wild and crazy hair and she's one of my favorite princesses, I think I'll go as Merida (with a modified outfit that adheres to park rules):

9cc6001f-4571-4425-ba33-2834762f4c34.jpg

What will you all be wearing?

It’s great to see everyone back on board! And welcome to our newcomers! Twilight Sparkle, thanks for hosting with such a fun theme!
I’ll stay with my 900 minutes for this month - did 75 yesterday, and 45 so far today. Probably more to come tonight at DS! So, 120/900.
Just left MK - so many people waiting for MNNSHP - saw some great costumes.
I’d like to come as Snow White - I mean, who wouldn’t want 7 cute guys fawning over you!!

I am in for 1395. It might be rough as I am at a conference this week. Far away from home. I also forgot to bring my fitbit charger so I might need to try and keep track of my minutes.

So this week I have gotten 57 minutes yesterday and I am going to say 45 minutes for today. Fitbit says 85 minutes but I spent most of today on planes. I did go for a walk this morning before I left.

102/1395

Our group is off to a great start. Lots of minutes on the board, and we have our first color changes. Congrats to me (Twilight Sparkle), sophy1996, and BonnieF for reaching Big Entrance Blue! :flower1::flower1::flower1: Loving the costume choices, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts