October 24,2018 - New York to Bermuda on the Magic

We booked his cruise a month or so ago...just waiting for you to start this thread, thanks.

We are 3 adults in adjoining cat 5's. The overnight in Bermuda was definitely a factor in booking this. Curious as to what entertainment they will offer while parked in port. I'm sure the theaters will be full so hopefully there will be options.

We're looking to have dinner at a local restaurant which may also be at capacity.

Anyway, thanks again for starting the meet thread and looking forward to sailing past Lady Liberty again.

count me in too with my DH @Johnny Quest. We loved sailing out of NYC on a Disney ship and can't wait to cruise from that port again. Late Oct is a big question mark for us with weather and sea conditions but we are looking forward to the new itinerary and upgrades coming to the ship.
should be a lot of fun!

We live 40 mins from the port, so the big appeal for us was not having to fly. I am nervous about the potential rough waters. DH and I will be sailing with another couple. I sailed out of NY many years ago with another cruiseline and was very sick, but that was before the days of stabilizers. I am also curious about what will be happening onboard the evening we are in port. Hopefully someone will post navigators online from the earlier Bermuda cruises before we go. This will also be our first time on the Magic, completing the grand slam.

Last edited:
We will also be driving to the port from South Jersey(2hrs). We cruised from NYC on the 2016 Member cruise to Halifax and had no problem with rough seas. Hopefully heading south will bring smooth water also.

You will love the Magic. We are grandslammers as well and Magic is our favorite ship. She just had a re-fit with a new cove cafe among other things. We are turning platinum on this sailing!

This is our first visit to Bermuda so I'm not sure what to expect.

Oooooo Platinum. Nice! We are coming from West Jersey. This will be our 7th Disney cruise. Our last one was Panama Canal right after the Wonder was remodeled. We hope we love the Magic as much as we love the Wonder, so I am glad to hear it is your favorite!!

The other couple we are cruising with have done Bermuda with another cruise line and loved it, so I am optimistic. This will be their second Disney Cruise.

Last edited:

I'd like to sail the Panama canal some day. We just did the British Isles 12nt this past July and had a great time.

I'm sure Bermuda is a beautiful place. We're looking forward to it.

Have you thought about parking yet? We are on the fence as to whether we will drive and park or whether we will take an uber or car service. I need to price out the difference. I have seen different quotes between $20-$40 per day for port parking

Last NYC cruise we took Njtransit to Penn station, then a cab. It worked out fine. This time we are considering driving/parking. I think it's $40/day but not sure. We still have time to decide.

Have you thought about parking yet? We are on the fence as to whether we will drive and park or whether we will take an uber or car service. I need to price out the difference. I have seen different quotes between $20-$40 per day for port parking

I think we're really leaning toward parking. It looked so convenient compared to trying to hop a train with luggage out of Penn Station. What did you guys do years ago when you sailed out of NYC?

I think we're really leaning toward parking. It looked so convenient compared to trying to hop a train with luggage out of Penn Station. What did you guys do years ago when you sailed out of NYC?

It was about 30 years ago I was in college and went with my mom. I have no recollection and of course so much has changed. We may have even gone out of Bayonne or Brooklyn I can't recall.

I remember posting some details about this port and the parking lot when we sailed the NYC Magic in 2016. I'll see if I can find the link.
Only Norwegian cruisers were given a parking discount on certain sailings that year. Hoping with the increased use of this port by DCL, we might be given the same offer. It was a pretty good rate.

We too are travelling with friends but none of us has ever been to Bermuda so I'm glad you have someone in your group who has and can help with any questions we might have.

great rate. but Javitts isn't within walking distance, so we'd still need to add in the price of cabs r/t to get to and from the port.

this is the official port authority site: https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/

it confirms what you saw - 40/night for parking. Also if you click on the parking section you'll read the disclaimer that effective July 1, 2017 no coupons or discounts accepted. ouch!

found that disboards thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-from-dvc-magic-nyc-cruise-any-questions.3551696/
I had forgotten I was the one who started it... It was a dvc member cruise but there is a lot of info and pics of the port and parking etc... beginning on the bottom of the first page. Hope it proves helpful - but I have much more on this if you have any questions.

great rate. but Javitts isn't within walking distance, so we'd still need to add in the price of cabs r/t to get to and from the port.

this is the official port authority site: https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/

it confirms what you saw - 40/night for parking. Also if you click on the parking section you'll read the disclaimer that effective July 1, 2017 no coupons or discounts accepted. ouch!

found that disboards thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-from-dvc-magic-nyc-cruise-any-questions.3551696/
I had forgotten I was the one who started it... It was a dvc member cruise but there is a lot of info and pics of the port and parking etc... beginning on the bottom of the first page. Hope it proves helpful - but I have much more on this if you have any questions.

Great Thanks!

Missyp, looks like we're the only people on this cruise...at least the pools won't be crowded.

Can't wait to sail out of NYC on the magic! We have only sailed on the Dream so far so this will be exciting! Looking forward to see what excursions they may offer in Bermuda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!