October 27th, 2018 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have moved this to the Cruise Meets Board and added it to the directory for Fantasy 2018 cruises.
Happy Planning!

@Junescanlon - We just booked this week! We took a 5-day Bahamian last May. I was sick with an upper respiratory infection type thing and it rained almost every day...but we still had a great time! My youngest DS has been asking and asking when we were going back - watching YouTube videos - having me price the cruises (OK maybe that was my idea :D). Finally seemed to be the right timing and we booked. Now the countdown begins...

Hi We are so excited about going on this cruise with the whole family for Halloween . We are looking to find out more out the fish extender gift exchange as we havnt done that before ?? Xx

:welcome:

@KatieKakes5 and @mummy lee!

I think we should introduce ourselves! (You too @Junescanlon!)

This will be our second cruise. Our first cruise was May 2016 and it wasn't the best. First, on our way down, I developed some kind of upper respiratory illness/cough that made me pretty miserable. (Thank goodness for the ship's infirmary!) We had terrible seas - especially the first night. The captain even acknowledged it at the show the first night - with the big curtains visibly swaying behind him! We had good weather in Nassau, but it was pretty much cloudy for the remainder of our cruise and POURED on our CC day.

Despite all of this, we had a really good time! DH was very sad when we had to go back to reality! Well, everyone but DS13 (now) - long story not really worth telling.

Youngest DS, on the other hand, has been begging to go on another cruise, and apparently did a great job persuading us (not so difficult)! This time it will only be me, DH, and our younger three DSs (at the time of sailing ages 10, 12, 14). Oldest DS is in college. We still aren't sure if DS13 will go with us, but we're trying to convince him to give it another chance. If he doesn't, he'll stay with my MIL who lives in Daytona Beach.

We homeschool, so it's easier for us to travel at any time. We aren't THAT into Halloween here at home, but cruising for Halloween sounded like something that would be super-fun!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Hi everyone! We just switched to this cruise from a merrytime cruise two weeks later. This one seems to work out better for my husbands' vacation schedule and our kids are super excited to be sailing OVER Halloween! Apparently I was the lone hold out to sail on a merrytime :confused3

This will be our 5th cruise (making us GOLD, woohoo!!). We are from Vancouver BC; traveling will be myself, my dh and our two daughters who will be 10 and 7 (nearly 8) at the time of the cruise :cheer2::cheer2:

Hi there.

We've just booked on (well we will have when i pay the deposit later :)) and this will be our first cruise, though DH and i did sail on the QM2 transatlantic a good few years ago.

We have one DD (6 when we sail) and have been visiting WDW every year since she was born (and a few times in the years before she was born tbh) so are seasoned disney visitors but despite this love of all things mickey, we have never done a cruise. Anyway DH fancied a change so here we are..... bolting a week on the coast before hand then sailing away disney style.

not told DD and wont for a good while yet (we have a few other holidays planned in the meantime so dont want to take the shine off those...)

we would be interested in doing a fish extender (need to work out exactly whats involved though :))

Ahoy! So excited to be a part of this cruise.

My DH and DD were on the Sept 2nd, 2017 Disney Fantasy cruise which was cut short by 2 days due to Hurricane Irma. While we are sad we missed out on 2 full days, we are ecstatic we get to cruise again! We are super excited to be on a Halloween on the High Seas cruise which actually falls on Halloween!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and planning!

Last edited:
:welcome: @stajn2001! How fun that you are getting to cruise again, despite the circumstances the first go-around. Although I must admit that now I'm a little nervous about cruising even late October! How old is your DD? I (and my boys) am curious to see how many kids will be on the cruise given that there aren't any US holidays (or even breaks?) around that time of year.

Thanks @MommsaBerd! :sail: Yes, we are super excited! Don't be too worried about being nervous about cruising during the fall. We cruised in 2012 in September and 2014 in November without any issues at all! Not to mention, while we were onboard earlier this month we absolutely didn't have any issues. The seas were calm and the weather perfect! I truly can't complain at all about how Disney handled it! Truly an amazing trip! My DD just turned 14 so she will be 15 on this cruise. She tends to be a bit shy and didn't attend any kids clubs this last time so I'd love for her to meet a friend or two so they have something to look forward to and hang out with while on board. We actually have fall break during that week so she will only be missing 4 days of school instead of 5. I think you'll be surprised how many kids will be onboard. :) Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd love to help! Also, not sure if you are familiar with the FE or Fish Extenders but that's a lot of fun too! :flower1:

Thanks @MommsaBerd! :sail: Yes, we are super excited! Don't be too worried about being nervous about cruising during the fall. We cruised in 2012 in September and 2014 in November without any issues at all! Not to mention, while we were onboard earlier this month we absolutely didn't have any issues. The seas were calm and the weather perfect! I truly can't complain at all about how Disney handled it! Truly an amazing trip! My DD just turned 14 so she will be 15 on this cruise. She tends to be a bit shy and didn't attend any kids clubs this last time so I'd love for her to meet a friend or two so they have something to look forward to and hang out with while on board. We actually have fall break during that week so she will only be missing 4 days of school instead of 5. I think you'll be surprised how many kids will be onboard. :) Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd love to help! Also, not sure if you are familiar with the FE or Fish Extenders but that's a lot of fun too! :flower1:

Well, I guess some schools DO have a break then. :D And, I'm glad to hear that most recent experience was positive. In reality, I can't imagine the seas being much worse than when we went May 2016. They were *rough*! I am trying to put the thought of hurricanes out of my mind; thanks for reassuring me.

I'm on the fence about participating in an FE...but I have a long time to think it over!

We had rough seas when we did the QM2, but it was November across the Atlantic I’m hopeful for better seas this time.

We are British and it’s half term for us so you may see a few UK kids running around the ship.

We had rough seas when we did the QM2, but it was November across the Atlantic I’m hopeful for better seas this time.

We are British and it’s half term for us so you may see a few UK kids running around the ship.

My DS9 will love that! He is determined to live in London one day. :D

:)

Well he’ll get a smorgasbord of experiences if he does that. It’ll be fun but a melting pot.

If he wants a true experience of living in the UK he needs to head north. I’d recommend Yorkshire myself but I may be biased

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter