October Discounts ?

Roy Disney

Mouseketeer
Thinking of going Sept 30 - October 7 2018.

Are there usually room discounts/packages at that time?

Thanks.

I would expect very limited discounting. Those dates overlap Gartner IT, which uses many hotel units at a discount. Availability at many resorts in that time frame is already sketchy.

I would expect very limited discounting. Those dates overlap Gartner IT, which uses many hotel units at a discount. Availability at many resorts in that time frame is already sketchy.

Can I ask what Gartner IT is? And more importantly, does that mean the parks are likely to be busy? We are likely going in October.
Thanks!

Can I ask what Gartner IT is? And more importantly, does that mean the parks are likely to be busy? We are likely going in October.
Thanks!

It's a huge convention. It has zero affect on park crowds due to their busy schedule during the day.

It's a huge convention. It has zero affect on park crowds due to their busy schedule during the day.
I wouldn't say zero, although it is limited. A lot of attendees bring family along. The "hide vacation in the business trip" write off.

Has a lot of impact on resort occupancy at the deluxe resorts, though; at least one of the Values also has a room block, as does CSR.

I wouldn't say zero, although it is limited. A lot of attendees bring family along. The "hide vacation in the business trip" write off.

Has a lot of impact on resort occupancy at the deluxe resorts, though; at least one of the Values also has a room block, as does CSR.

I was able to attend last year. Rooms are blocked off and booking starting in March. Also, they take over many rooms in Swan & Dolphin, and the Marriott Village hotels.

I just booked a room at the Dolphin for Oct 5-8 and had no issues finding a room. I thought it was a decent deal compared to the other Epcot deluxe hotels (with the resort fees). Trying to squeeze one last trip before our APs expire that we won’t be renewing thanks to the upcharging craziness.

We’re also looking for October deal, the past history has blackout during our week though so here’s to hoping. On the other forum the rumour is special offers will be out tomorrow but I haven’t heard that anywhere else

I too am looking for a discount rate for October. Want to do three nights after my convention. It would be October 11-14.

from the FD thread: the discount of up to 25% from August 2-October 7. That should drop April 24 as well. last year RO for the later Fall dates did not drop until July

Is ro room only? Does that mean if I have a package, I won’t qualify for any discounts?

RO=Room Only. Have to see if the RO discount is better than the package deals offered. Currently free dining is available for some dates in late summer and fall. For many that discount is far greater than any other RO or other discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter