October hours- They have officially scared me off from Fall trips

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
I was at WDW in August and everything was closed by 10pm...which was super annoying but I digress.

It seems like every time I look at the calendar for October the hours are extended more and more. There are now 12a-2a EMH some nights.

Yikes! Think this is the last Fall break trip we will have. I need to come up with a new preferred vacation month.

Hope everyone has fun in spite of the crowds!

I love 12-2 EMH at MK but I agree with you that it's scary. Between the hurricanes and the crowds I'm thinking fall might be out for us too.

I love 12-2 EMH at MK but I agree with you that it's scary. Between the hurricanes and the crowds I'm thinking fall might be out for us too.

I would like to do 12-2am but we have our 1 year old along this time so that won't be happening. Ha! Great for those that can do it though. :)

I've been nervous ever since seeing the BC sell out for our week (10/28-11/5) We've stayed at the BC over 20 times and we've never experienced the hotel selling out months in advance. This will be our first Fall trip and if crowds are anything like I'm expecting it might be our last Fall trip! I'm kind of wishing we booked the first week of December. We usually do late April-early May or early December.

I've been nervous ever since seeing the BC sell out for our week (10/28-11/5) We've stayed at the BC over 20 times and we've never experienced the hotel selling out months in advance. This will be our first Fall trip and if crowds are anything like I'm expecting it might be our last Fall trip! I'm kind of wishing we booked the first week of December. We usually do late April-early May or early December.
I am thinking we will be May people from now on. Our kids get out of school mid month. We can pull them out for their last week since they don't do anything anyways. That would put us going 2nd week of May.

We used to go anywhere from mid to late October, but bumped our fall trip back to early December a couple of years ago when we noticed a definite uptick in the crowds. The last two December's that we've gone, the crowds have been a bit nutty. And trying to get an ADR is ridiculous because of free dining. If it were solely up to me, we'd go in late April or early May and then again during our usual first week of June! Fall has, without a doubt, become busier over the last few years!

I was at WDW in August and everything was closed by 10pm...which was super annoying but I digress.

It seems like every time I look at the calendar for October the hours are extended more and more. There are now 12a-2a EMH some nights.

Yikes! Think this is the last Fall break trip we will have. I need to come up with a new preferred vacation month.

Hope everyone has fun in spite of the crowds!

They ALWAYS have late hours in October, because of all the party nights. This is nothing new. In fact, they took forever this year to update.

We're going 10/16 - 10/20. Hoping to catch a bit of a lower crowd time since its the week after Columbus day and over a week before Halloween. Has anyone been during that week in recent years?

It can't be only because of the party nights, because there are lots of those in September and November, but hours are not nearly as long in those months.

They have been having those hours in October since at least 2014 when I went, and the crowds were fine. :)

I am thinking we will be May people from now on. Our kids get out of school mid month. We can pull them out for their last week since they don't do anything anyways. That would put us going 2nd week of May.

We love May! We actually went the last week of May this year and crowds were still manageable. The weather during early May is awesome.. warm but not terribly humid and few rain showers. I actually picked the end of April for our Disney wedding because of the great weather and low crowds.

I've been wanting to go to F&W forever, so I scheduled our planning session for our wedding for Oct 30th that way we could hit F&W, MNSSHP on the 31st and stick around until Nov 5th to maybe see some Christmas decorations. It will be interesting to see how crowds compare to late Spring.

If it's any consolation, the schools around here are starting to move away from fall breaks from school. The state is looking to mandate a later start time for the school year so districts don't want to take a week off so soon after school starts. Also it will make the semesters hard to even out and will push the end of school farther into summer.

Eh, I think people are making much ado about nothing. I stand to be equally as wrong as they are but I don't think the crowds are going to be all that bad at all. We arrive one week from today. And I'm not one bit worried. We were there last year the exact same days. I've been there Thanksgiving, just before Christmas, Memorial Day, and several other high crowd times. We'll see how it compares. I predict it won't be as busy as some and busier than others.

Going next October. Summer months just too hot for pale blue Scottish skin. Feb holidays not long enough and Easter everyone wants to take at my workplace plus I love the Halloween decorations and being able to attend MNSSHP.

Eh, I think people are making much ado about nothing. I stand to be equally as wrong as they are but I don't think the crowds are going to be all that bad at all. We arrive one week from today. And I'm not one bit worried. We were there last year the exact same days. I've been there Thanksgiving, just before Christmas, Memorial Day, and several other high crowd times. We'll see how it compares. I predict it won't be as busy as some and busier than others.

I predict your prediction will be correct. :)

11 days from today for us... hope you have a great trip, let us know your thoughts on it all!

We're going 10/16 - 10/20. Hoping to catch a bit of a lower crowd time since its the week after Columbus day and over a week before Halloween. Has anyone been during that week in recent years?

We are going during that same week. Hopefully it won't be too crowded like you said. To me, the longer hours means more time to enjoy the parks.

Our best trips have been in January. We've almost always had nice weather and low crowds then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter