October Pre & Trip reports

I didn't even think about the low crowd on party days at MK strategy. We have annual passes so that would work awesomely for us as we are skipping the party this year because we have went to it for the past two years and are using the money to go to the Sleepy Hollow event at the Fort. Thanks for the strategy tips guys!! :teeth:

BRRRRRRR! It is finally fall here in Texas too, we have been watching everyone's October threads and my kids are getting very impatient for our March trip.

Peach,

I think yesterday when you attended the MK, the crowd was low because there was also a MNSSHP scheduled for that night. Given that the party opens at 6pm IIRC (and non-special event ticket holders have to be out) coupled with party folks being allowed to enter at 4pm means a lot of WDW guests pass on MK on party dates. That gives only 9 hours of open ride time for regular day guests.

I remember a visit about two years ago during March when MK opened at 8am and Magic Hours kept it open till 2am that gave us 18 hours of open ride time (2x yesterday). There is no party today (Wednesday) and the park is open later and will no doubt be more crowded with regular day guests.

Bama Ed

Totally agree. I’ve done MNSSHP before but it was so crowded that I’m skipping it this year. Went to HS today and it was also lower crowds than I expected except for Toy Story land...That was packed of course.

View attachment 359072 View attachment 359074 View attachment 359075 Disney is making progress on the new gondola system. This is near HS. The bad thing for us campers is that the new bus stops at HS are quite a ways away and the Fort’s stop (#25) is the farthest one out.

Lulz....

Peach, that's why I drive to all the parks not named MK.

I may have a longer walk to my car than to bus stop #25 but there is NO WAITING. Get in, crank it up, and blast the AC.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm waiting to see how the gondola network performs in August temps with no AC when the line has to be stopped for one of several reasons.

PPS - you are brave if you use the external bus network. Me, I'm not a full-blown Type A but enough so to maybe be a Type B personality :dance3:

Thanks for the pix.

I’ve wondered about the heat as well...plus hanging up in the air with a Florida thunderstorm nearby is not my idea of a good time.

One person's trash is another's treasure....sorry, Terri....I'd rather sweat in 90 all the time than live up here in winter....

I have to agree. The snow is fun to visit, but I could never live with it. I will take the heat over the snow any day, but it would be nice if the humidity would just drop.

We always get the short end of stick at HS. I remember for several years ours was the only bus stop without a canopy over it.

It was like that until just recently, we didn't even get our own number, had to share with bus stop number 4.
HS bus stop.jpg

It was like that until just recently, we didn't even get our own number, had to share with bus stop number 4.
View attachment 359149

My theory on our “4a” bus stop was that Disney laid out the bus area and while it was being built someone said “oh ..., we forgot the campground”. The boss then said “just squeeze them in somewhere and don’t worry about shade...campers are tough”.

We are planning on coming in early Thursday the 25th. Gonna leave late in the night Wednesday night. Since we aren't pulling a camper my wife can help drive, so score for me!:thumbsup2

If the room isn't ready, no big deal, we plan on going to HS for the day and so I changed our FPs tonight for this. Plan on getting first look at Toystoryland and then gonna send the girls some pics back since they aren't able to go with us.:banana::lmao:

For Friday, gotta special plans. I have the conference that morning until about 1pm, then lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. Our lunch guests will be...drum roll please...
giphy.gif

Mr. and Mrs. TheRustyScupper!

After that they have invited us to go EPCOT and tour around with them for the Food and Wine Festival. This should be very educational. (The girls are positively angry now, they really like TRS)

On Saturday I have conference again that morning then we are headed to MK since that is the only day that they aren't doing the halloween party, so we don't have to leave early. We'll catch the usual fireworks show that night.

Sunday is a down day. Plan on trying to head over the FW that day to visit around and see some of the Dis folks that might happen to be around that day. I'll have to get you guys straight on your site numbers and I'll put a game plan together. Maybe do Disney Springs that midday and go over to FW in the evening. That night we have dinner reservations at California Grill and we'll watch the fireworks that night (different show since it's Halloween party) from the roof the The Contemporary.

Monday will be head out day. We were planning on staying an extra night and leave on Tuesday, but figure kids will need to be whipped back into shape by then so we'll head on back.

Again, Sunday will be FW day in our plans, but since we are just across the lake we may make an extra evening trip over if plans change. I for sure promised @pluto67 and @serenitygr we'd be by since we haven't seen them in a few years. I'll keep an eye on the boards and track the sites and when you guys might be around. I might post some from the GF, but not a lot since it isn't "Home".
So you got South Alabama 5er to teach the Bride how to drive the Big Rig. You'll have to post lots of pictures of the looks you pull up to the valet podium at the GF. How great to spend an afternoon with TRS and his Bride. Hopefully the girls will let you back in the house when you get back

I realize it's a little early still, but does your husband have an idea when you might be passing by 39/51 and I88 in Illinois on the 24th?
Ok- official update!! We are planning to pull out of our driveway roughly 4pm Tuesday, drive 7 hours and get to Rochelle Illinois late that night. I believe that is where you are talking about meeting. We’ll stay at the Walmart Tuesday night. Would you be able to meet us Wednesday morning? (as long as we pull out of there by noon we’re fine ) if that would work for you let me know!

Pulling in Sunday in my rig below, but don’t think the roads or sites are wide enough.....guess it’s park at Sanford (SFB) and drive...

But that is ok because I will be eating Trail’s End buffet at 7:20 PM Sunday evening!!! EPCOT for the day Monday!

4C56932C-1730-4254-A12B-4E1FEE8FE543.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!