October Pre & Trip reports

It is still so HOT here in central Fl, the weather better take a cool turn in the next 6 weeks :crazy2:. I am dying to take the cover of the trailer and start getting her ready for camping season, but she is much better off staying covered until the daily temps drop below 95 degrees. Hoping to start some real pre trip prepping the next two weeks.

It is still so HOT here in central Fl, the weather better take a cool turn in the next 6 weeks :crazy2:. I am dying to take the cover of the trailer and start getting her ready for camping season, but she is much better off staying covered until the daily temps drop below 95 degrees. Hoping to start some real pre trip prepping the next two weeks.

Ahh - the humors of relative climate. We have one final weekend planned for October 11-14 (fall colors in central WI), and then we will wrap her up for the next 6-7 months. It's funny to hear of someone talking about the same time as the START of camping season.

For those with early Oct dates be sure to visit Rafiki's Planet Watch/Conservation Station one last time as it is closing Oct 21st .

Really? I loved going to see the vet exams. I only saw small animals, but it was so interesting.

I know, I loved to visit over there. When my son was little, he loved the petting zoo. Will miss it, but also very curious to see what they have planned for that area.

Today marks one month until my check in date on Wednesday 10-24. Starting to get more anxious and excited all at once. Received good news this week. My girlfriend will get 4 days off and be able to drive down Friday after work and spend the whole week with us. Now if I can just keep my daughter healthy this year. Right now it's touch and go with her oxygen usage. For now the green light is still on. oh and I splurged on a new blow up. Got the Oogie Boogie and Jack one from Lowes. Considering a projector to do the singing pumpkins. My daughter is dying to have that at our site. Anyone have that ? Does anyone know if there is a file for the Grim Grinning Ghosts ?

Got all my Halloween decorations out this past weekend and put most of them out (much to the chagrin of my neighbors who were quick to remind me that it's not even October yet) and made a list of which ones I will be taking with us. I also thought it would be fund to share with you the antics of Mr Bones. Each year I post a photo on Facebook of what he has been up to, so this year I will share here, it may make the countdown to our trips a little more fun.
This is Mr Bones.
mr bones 9.24 living room.jpg

Mr Bones looks like a handy fellow to have around.

Hey there!!! We will be in a cabin on October 27th and staying until Friday the 2nd, so excited! We are Halloween and horror fanatics and this is our first time doing FW during Halloween. We are entering the golf cart parade and are dying for the schedule of activities.

Bama Ed, I saw that you posted it last year on 9/27, but when I use that link, it shows January. I am technology stupid. Is that link still valid, what am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance! Hope everyone has fun packing and decorating!

Hey there!!! We will be in a cabin on October 27th and staying until Friday the 2nd, so excited! We are Halloween and horror fanatics and this is our first time doing FW during Halloween. We are entering the golf cart parade and are dying for the schedule of activities.

Bama Ed, I saw that you posted it last year on 9/27, but when I use that link, it shows January. I am technology stupid. Is that link still valid, what am I doing wrong??

They usually don't release the schedule until the 1st of the month. Sometimes it does show up a few days prior, so maybe this weekend it will be out there somewhere.

:welcome:

Well it's still in the mid 90's here with the heat index in the low 100's but since we are down to four weekends before our trip the cover will come off the camper this weekend. Will put out the slide, check the A/C, batteries, fridge, etc. and do any maintenance (that's Greg's job, all I know is there something about water in the batteries :confused3). Anyways, will let him deal with that and I will be in charge of the stocking the necessities and the fun stuff.

Well it's still in the mid 90's here with the heat index in the low 100's but since we are down to four weekends before our trip the cover will come off the camper this weekend. Will put out the slide, check the A/C, batteries, fridge, etc. and do any maintenance (that's Greg's job, all I know is there something about water in the batteries :confused3). Anyways, will let him deal with that and I will be in charge of the stocking the necessities and the fun stuff.

I feel you on this! It's horrible. We live in Tampa. Where is the relief?! Hopefully it subsides by vacay time!

I feel you on this! It's horrible. We live in Tampa. Where is the relief?! Hopefully it subsides by vacay time!

We are in Winter Haven :) Hoping we get an early "cool" front before our trip. Not expecting one to bring the temps down much, but if it knocks down the humidity, it will help a bunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!