October Trip Reports w/activity calendar

Happy Birthday!!
We celebrated my 55th while we were there! No better place than at Disney!

Been busy so I’m late but we got in town Saturday night and stayed on International Drive for a night. Didn’t do much but walk around the Springs. Checked into the Fort yesterday and got the camper set up around 1 PM. Finally got all the Halloween and other items put out this morning. So we are ready to just have fun now. Although the highlight for me will be seeing Mr. Bones again. We are at site 2066. Feel free to stop by anytime we’re there. Or just walk by and gawk at my setup. Either way, we’ll be seeing y’all. 🤣🤣

Thoroughly enjoyed TE dinner with 2 of my co-workers tonight who came down from Lake Mary hotel to join me. Got to show them a few loops and why I love this place. Then they took a rocker top rail pic with me (in the Kickin’ it thread).

We were at TE last night as well around 7 PM. We may have crossed paths while we were eating those good vittles. My wife had to roll me onto the golf cart and just left me outside until I could move again. What a great dinner!! 🤣🤣🤣

After dinner we caught the bus back to our loop and headed to Universal City Walk.

Hollywood miniature golf
4B340802-EEED-4C6A-9377-AF6D7CC9A8AE.jpeg

9ED6A7AB-10B7-4352-AA84-02702AEB8D3D.jpeg

The entrance sign
7D0B9D10-19A9-40B2-BB1D-A9326E746282.jpeg

Two more random pics
8AF259EB-F4D0-4839-95A9-37D0E3FC98D9.jpeg

66618F48-8648-41E9-A3CD-24F390402028.jpeg

DD got a new Harry Potter house tie. We did some walking around them came back to camp. I don’t think the people in 1600 will ever get there Halloween set up complete, there still working on it. Word on the street is that it’s suppose to be a walk through haunted house, but the Fort said no and now people are just suppose to drive by. I posted a pic of the giant inflatable in one of there sites, well that is gone and now the are constructing a building.

Here is a pic of DD that we took at the Springs one night

C6EB04E3-EEB1-45E3-8559-9010396100E7.jpeg

My daughter liked her costume so my wife asked for a pic, just a random person at the Springs, Thanks again.

Pics from a few days ago. 2000 loop is the only one left with coquina pad.
5EB2E361-7397-4EF5-9C27-799F618909F8.jpeg

Here’s a pic for the farmers and ranchers
5BF7F839-C2BE-43B4-8666-E550DA0AA388.jpeg

Pics of the Halloween construction in 1600
This is what they started withD5557A1A-4AEE-4B78-9ACA-F66CE1219245.jpeg

And now they moved on to this
539A562C-E6F5-4590-98D0-26133BFEDC4F.jpeg

With some more thrown in
D0F1B0CF-174A-4649-8BA9-FAFBA8F1CCC7.jpeg

Is that a full size coffin
A51D596F-4136-483A-A29B-E60B23DF324D.jpeg

Was a fun quick trip! Had a great time at EPCOT yesterday. Ate downstairs at Living with the Land and fish and chips at the walk up in England for my main meals. Otherwise had Joffrey’s donut and nitro cold brew, apple strudel in Germany.

This pork is very good! The red velvet whoopie pie topped and filled with a thick cream cheese frosting and rolled in mini chocolate chips was AWESOME!
5791BC39-4D9A-4199-A4AC-25C85DE33F32.jpeg

Good ole fish n chips
AE9CF5A2-D869-4769-A75C-6E67868D5F42.jpeg

Also bought 4 refill buckets of popcorn (all being brought home in ziplocks and buckets...2 for us and 2 for some friends whose bucket I borrowed), 2 Joffrey’s donuts for the kids... stopped at Disney Springs to get buy a cup of Bibo and a cup of Melon Frosty to transfer to empty bottles to bring home to kids as well (their favorites from good old club cool). My older son asked if I could bring the donuts and drinks... making it work...lol.

Rode Soarin, Test Track and Spaceship Earth. I did try out the Skyliners in the end...from EPCOT to Caribbean Beach resort (The ventilations was really good when we were moving, but even slow through the stations was a bit warm, so a stop for an extended time in the heat of day up on the wires will get hot I think... my ride never had a slow down while in between stations) and bussed to Disney Springs.... off back north this morning...wave if I am flying over you! Will be back in CT at 9:30 this morning...cold and cloudy 😢
6E7AA06F-0983-432C-9D90-E50A72811097.jpeg

Have fun for all there or arriving for Halloween!!

Jimmy

Last edited:
Signs up now, closing most of the main loops from 4:30 to 6:30 on 30th for cart parade. Going to be a mess getting around. Not sure where starting and finishing but moving a car is going to be impossible. Resies at Cal Grill at 6pm, guess we will cart to boat a bit early and watch parade from path to TE. This place is really busy this year.

First, let me start of by saying, I don’t want to go, why can’t we stay here.

Ok so, we didn’t make a trip to storage yesterday, DW said this morning,” I hope everything fits “, after looking at the amount of stuff we had, and a car without a roof rack of any kind, I grabbed DD wand and with a flick of the wrist and a Maximo Spacious spell I was able to get everything in the car. I thought if I had to leave anything behind it would be all the books DW got at the book convention. But, happy wife happy life, nothing got left behind.

Here it is, 1636 ready to be cleaned and waiting for the next lucky campers.

65364893-FE38-4B37-A54E-60025D8B79C7.jpeg

Heading up north to the land of the cold and snow to wait for our return in March.

To everyone coming in have a Fantastic stay, to those leaving to go home have a safe trip.

Vince

First, let me start of by saying, I don’t want to go, why can’t we stay here.

Ok so, we didn’t make a trip to storage yesterday, DW said this morning,” I hope everything fits “, after looking at the amount of stuff we had, and a car without a roof rack of any kind, I grabbed DD wand and with a flick of the wrist and a Maximo Spacious spell I was able to get everything in the car. I thought if I had to leave anything behind it would be all the books DW got at the book convention. But, happy wife happy life, nothing got left behind.

Here it is, 1636 ready to be cleaned and waiting for the next lucky campers.

View attachment 448497

Heading up north to the land of the cold and snow to wait for our return in March.

To everyone coming in have a Fantastic stay, to those leaving to go home have a safe trip.

Vince
Be safe going home. Nice to meet you all. We will try to take care of fort while we are here. Hope to see you again. Will post pics. Ric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter