# of People on ADR

Southernswthrt

Mouseketeer
So we're about a month away from our family vacation in February and the total number of people in our party keeps changing :furious:, and there are some ADR's that the entire party does not want to attend but half of the party does. :confused3

When I called Disney Reservations, they indicated that they could not change the number of people on the ADR - I had to cancel and rebook. I was told this by 2 different CM's. Problem is - there are no reservations available for many of my restaurants now :(

So my question is - what are the chances of getting charged a fee for the number of people that don't show up on a CC hold reservation like O'Hana or a Character Meal?

I made these reservations at the 180 mark to be sure we got what we wanted and when, and now I run the risk of not being able to keep these. It's really unfair that they won't allow you to change the number on your reservation - Come on Disney - you can do better!

As long as someone turns up for your reservation, you won't be charged for the people that don't show up. If you make a reservation for 10 people and 1 person turns up, no one is charged a "no show: free.

You can't change the number of people on a booking, you have to cancel and rebook. In my opinion, I would keep the reservations and just turn up with the people who want to go to the reservation. One problem you might have is that you might have to wait longer for a table. The reservations are set so they've "allocated" you a table for the number of people you have. If you have a reservation for 4 and only 3 people turn up, it's not a problem as the actual table you'll get is the same. However if your reservation was for 4 and only 2 people turned up, it would be a different table so you'd have to wait, if that all makes sense.

Don't cancel and rebook, you will end up losing your reservations! You'll be fine, the only thing that might happen is a slightly longer wait time.

So we're about a month away from our family vacation in February and the total number of people in our party keeps changing :furious:, and there are some ADR's that the entire party does not want to attend but half of the party does. :confused3

When I called Disney Reservations, they indicated that they could not change the number of people on the ADR - I had to cancel and rebook. I was told this by 2 different CM's. Problem is - there are no reservations available for many of my restaurants now :(

So my question is - what are the chances of getting charged a fee for the number of people that don't show up on a CC hold reservation like O'Hana or a Character Meal?

I made these reservations at the 180 mark to be sure we got what we wanted and when, and now I run the risk of not being able to keep these. It's really unfair that they won't allow you to change the number on your reservation - Come on Disney - you can do better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter